Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > Console World

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 05-16-08, 03:52 PM   #73
JigenD

Default Re: Is WiiFit 4 sets of electronic bathroom scales glued together?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ralinn
Seems everyone that doesn't like it hasn't played it and are basing all of their opinions on assumptions.

JigenD, not everyone can afford a personal trainer or a membership at a gym. Heck, even a lot of people don't feel comfy with exercising with an audience and would rather do it in private. Wii Fit does explain a lot about the exercises you do, shows you how to do them correctly, encourages you to keep doing it and even creates a schedule, deadline and goals to reach. But of course you wouldn't know that would you... because you've not actually _played_ it.

A lot of people need or like things like this and that's why it's selling so well. It IS helpful and fits in with a lot of people life styles.
I trust random people's assumptions about Nintendo games more than Nintendo fanboys as a rule.

The thing is, from everything I've seen, other than stuff that does have practical uses like push ups, those step up and down things, and hula hoopa (all of which can be done just as well without Wii Fit), all the stuff I've actually seen from Wii Fit videos and such aren't actual exercises. The game tells you how to play the game, not how to get a good workout. I'm sure there are some warning messages and I know it monitors progress (like Wii Sports).

Of course I already know more than I already need to know. If anyone is planning on actually buying the game, that is because of a position of ignorance. Noone needs Wii Fit. It's selling well because of hype and marketing. It's extremely little help to some, and no help to others. This product is WORSE than those gimmick fitness products you see at 3AM paid programming.
JigenD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-08, 03:54 PM   #74
Tygerwoody
mega ultra God Tit Lord

Quote:
Are you that determined to troll? I think I'm going to use a quote that's quite popular lately:

"Don't argue with idiots. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."

I think you should accept that you don't actually have a clue what you're on about and only joined in this thread for another opportunity to slag off the Wii and maybe pimp your old thread (Which was funny actually). Anyway, yawn.
Nah, I just joined the thread really to point out how ridiculous Wiifit is and how people at my work actually think its going to help them lose weight. Nothing more.

Seriously though. I want you to post a video of you using Wiifit. You won't hear a word out of me anymore if you do.
Tygerwoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-08, 03:57 PM   #75
Tygerwoody
mega ultra God Tit Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by JigenD
This product is WORSE than those gimmick fitness products you see at 3AM paid programming.
I want an ab roller. It will give me rock hard 6 pack abs. You are ignorant if you don't believe it will. My abs will be so hard and so rock.
Old 05-17-08, 08:08 AM   #76
ralinn
Masters

Quote:
Originally Posted by JigenD
I trust random people's assumptions about Nintendo games more than Nintendo fanboys as a rule.

The thing is, from everything I've seen, other than stuff that does have practical uses like push ups, those step up and down things, and hula hoopa (all of which can be done just as well without Wii Fit), all the stuff I've actually seen from Wii Fit videos and such aren't actual exercises. The game tells you how to play the game, not how to get a good workout. I'm sure there are some warning messages and I know it monitors progress (like Wii Sports).

Of course I already know more than I already need to know. If anyone is planning on actually buying the game, that is because of a position of ignorance. Noone needs Wii Fit. It's selling well because of hype and marketing. It's extremely little help to some, and no help to others. This product is WORSE than those gimmick fitness products you see at 3AM paid programming.
Nintendo fanboy? is this because I'm defending a game I've _played_ and like? OH NOES HE LIKES A NINTENDO GAME HE MUST BE A FANBOY!!

ahem, anyway...

I've also never said people need Wii Fit. Only that every little helps.

Yes, people can do the same exercise without Wii Fit, but that's the same for any exercise equipment. Why use a treadmill when you can just go outside and run? That's not the point... it all depends on the person and their situation. Making out that no one should buy it and if they do they're stupid is just abserd. But whatever makes you feel superior to others I guess.

3Dmark06 Score: Who the **** actually cares?
360 & PSN ID: ralinn
ralinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-08, 12:46 PM   #77
Tygerwoody
mega ultra God Tit Lord

Wii Fit added 3 inches to my vertical leap and penis.
Old 05-17-08, 12:51 PM   #78
Tygerwoody
mega ultra God Tit Lord

Quote:
Nintendo fanboy? is this because I'm defending a game I've _played_ and like? OH NOES HE LIKES A NINTENDO GAME HE MUST BE A FANBOY!!

ahem, anyway...

I've also never said people need Wii Fit. Only that every little helps.

Yes, people can do the same exercise without Wii Fit, but that's the same for any exercise equipment. Why use a treadmill when you can just go outside and run? That's not the point... it all depends on the person and their situation. Making out that no one should buy it and if they do they're stupid is just abserd. But whatever makes you feel superior to others I guess.
Apparently you are not understanding why Wii Fit is a VIDEO game and not a legit workout device. You keep thinking "if i am moving, i must be losing weight and burning calories!". Thats true, i can eat a celery stick and lose calories, but nothing noticable. A REAL cardio workout will burn you 300+ calories in 30 minutes. I would be VERY surprised to see "Wii Fit" burn 40. You could burn more just walking around imo.
Old 05-17-08, 02:11 PM   #79
ralinn
Masters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tygerwoody
Apparently you are not understanding why Wii Fit is a VIDEO game and not a legit workout device. You keep thinking "if i am moving, i must be losing weight and burning calories!". Thats true, i can eat a celery stick and lose calories, but nothing noticable. A REAL cardio workout will burn you 300+ calories in 30 minutes. I would be VERY surprised to see "Wii Fit" burn 40. You could burn more just walking around imo.
I'm very aware on how burning kcal and fat works. Like I said before, I do cardio twice a day for 40 minutes. Wii Fit is like any exercise, you have to be dedicated and take it seriously. If someone plays it once a day for 5 minutes, it's their own fault. Just like any other exercise equipment. The difference from Wii Fit and any other exercise equipment or DVD is that it actually makes it fun. This makes it easier for people to take it seriously. How hard is that to understand?

There's only one thing that I don't understand. You're wondering why I'm defending it when you've not played it and I have. Sure Wii Fit has easy exercises on there for beginners, but it DOES also have pretty hard exercises (even some that don't involve the Wii board... did you know that?). Even I struggle with some of them. You seem to just ignore what people who have played it have said about it. That's the only reason why I'm frustrated.

Old 05-17-08, 03:18 PM   #80
Tygerwoody
mega ultra God Tit Lord

Quote:
Wii Fit is like any exercise, you have to be dedicated and take it seriously.
lol thats too good to be true. Thanks

Old 05-17-08, 03:22 PM   #81
ralinn
Masters

I give up, you're just here to troll. Hat's off to you, I didn't think anyone could be annoying enough for me to leave a conversation.

Old 05-17-08, 10:00 PM   #82
Tygerwoody
mega ultra God Tit Lord

Quote:
I give up, you're just here to troll. Hat's off to you, I didn't think anyone could be annoying enough for me to leave a conversation.
I guess we have something in common. I never thought I would meet someone foolish enough to believe something as gimmicky as this. Much less take offense to it. Ab Lounge and the "Perfect Pushup" would like to have a word with you.

BTW. Here's my secret to being physically fit. I'm sharing it with you as you clearly need it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFrPkqYWro8
Old 05-17-08, 10:13 PM   #83
|MaguS|

Here is Tyger's work out video...
http://www.hulu.com/embed/O8lIBYfjADHJeOVrv9vb8Q
Old 05-18-08, 01:01 PM   #84
JigenD

Quote:
Nintendo fanboy? is this because I'm defending a game I've _played_ and like?
Defending a **** game means you're dumb.
JigenD is offline   Reply With Quote