Go Back   nV News Forums > Website Related > Feedback Forum

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 05-10-08, 06:05 PM   #1
R_age

Default Question about posting in buy, sell, trade forums..PLEASE HELP

Ok Im trying to post in the buy sell trade and one of the mods says Im breaking the rules by posting in there....I read the rules and have sold here before. I have feedback and have been a member for over 2 yrs....Is there something I'm missing? He just keeps saying Im breaking the rules and its frustrating because he won't elaborate on what I'm doing wrong, either he doesnt want to admit he's wrong, can't comprehend the rules of the forum of which he mods, or justs want to be a jerk. I have a 2 pm's into Mike C. and still awaiting response. Any thoughts?

tks
Josh
Old 05-10-08, 06:27 PM   #2
DiscipleDOC

Default Re: Question about posting in buy, sell, trade forums..PLEASE HELP

If you're going to tell anything, make sure you tell the whole story. You've been blowing up my mail box with stupid pm's from the word get, and I've been nothing but nice to you everytime you've messaged me.

Here's just a sniplet of our conversation:
Quote:
Originally Posted by R_age
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscipleDOC
Quote:
Bottom line is I should be able to sell. You havent told me which rule I dont pass and dont say 500 posts because Ive been a member for over 6 months which voids needing to have 500 posts. How can you not see that. Thats why Ive sold on here before...because Im not doing anything wrong.

tks
Josh
The question is.. what rule am I breaking?....If were going by rules, you don't make sense....I pm'd MikeC. Ive been the one showing patience. Do you have a phone I can rech you at?

tks
Josh

Quote:
Quote:
Lol sorry about the spelling error, 6 month membership or 500 posts...not both is what I meant to say...does it not?

tks

Josh

Quote:
Quote:
I see the rules man, and Ive been a member for over six months and I provided feedback which is what it says...it only says you have to be registered with Mike C. if you dont meet those requirements. Am I missing something?? No offense but "read" the rules and tell me which one Im breaking....

tks
Josh

Quote:
I quoted the wrong one:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeC

8. Any person selling on the For Sale forum must have at least 6 months membership with nVnews or a post count of no less than 500, if you want to sell and do not meet these requirements you must register your full name, address and phone number, which will be followed up with a phone call to verify who you are. Please register with MikeC.
The link I provided have the rules on it. Not only that, the rules is a sticky that forum. There is also a post that is stickied by MikeC that provide the list of users that are allowed to sell.

If you have sold here before, then you should have no problems being registered by MikeC.
You are under 500 post. Yes....you have been here for more than 6 mos...but the bottom line is that you still have to register with MikeC. I will unlock the thread (or one of the other mods will), as soon as Mike gives us the go ahead. These are the rules.

Dude, I'm not picking on you...I'm doing my job. I can not help the fact that you've sold here before (or somewhere else)....We have to protect the members from potential scams (and no, I am not calling you a scam), and that means you have to have all qualities before we can allow you to sell.

Your next move is to wait for MikeC to authorize you to sell.
Josh, if you have problems with the rules, please take it up with MikeC.
I've been very patient with you. The bottom line is that if you do not hear back from MikeC, then you will not be able to sell. If you put another thread up in the for sale forum, I will delete all of those threads and then I will give you a two weeks vacation. I've been very professional with you, and you still do not want to obey the rules.

Don't mistake my kindness for weakness.
Again, trying to put me on blast in the public is not going to get the rules changed. You are below 500 posts, AND you are not registered to sell. Until MikeC authorizes you to sell, you can not sell. It's that simple.

Another thing, calling me out of my username is not winning you any favors, either.
DiscipleDOC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-08, 06:54 PM   #3
R_age

Default Re: Question about posting in buy, sell, trade forums..PLEASE HELP

requirements to post in the forum are

8. Any person selling on the For Sale forum must have at least 6 months membership with nVnews or a post count of no less than 500, if you want to sell and do not meet these requirements you must register your full name, address and phone number, which will be followed up with a phone call to verify who you are. Please register with MikeC.

• I have been a member for atleast 6 months so I dont have to have 500 posts
  • My feedback is clearly shown in my sig

Does everyone who wants to buy sell trade have to register with MikeC? It was my take that if you met the above requirements you don't have to register with him.

The only reason I pm'd you was because I couldnt get a straight answer...I offered to call for a explanation..Im glad you posted the pm's because it shows my frustration.

And if you think this is a "blast" on you ..Wow, your more sensitive then my sister, Im not trying to earn brownie points Im just trying to get the facts straight.