Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > MMORPGs

Newegg Daily Deals

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-11-08, 06:39 PM   #133
spirited1
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 194
Default Re: Age of Conan Feedback thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by killahsin
have you raided or tested the sieging system? No you haven't and yes your wrong. And going into more detail then what funcom has said themselves about it.

need more then hey it isn't cool cause i said so too. Elaborate on how the raiding system is cheesy and how the sieging system sucks please.
You're missing my point. I haven't played the game. I have never once claimed I have played it. I believe the upper levels are buggy, untested, and missing a load of content.

You and that other guy are continually dodging. I ask for details, you say "nevermind that, it's great lol". I'm calling bull****. Either you and him have never played above 20 or you know there are drastic problems.

So come on. Give me the full skippy on how the end game raiding system works. Talk about how the classes work, talk about trash mobs, pvp mechanics, raid target ai, ANYTHING. Because I'm guessing you can't.

The ball is in YOUR court, not mine. I am not the guy talking up AoC. Show me the money or shut up.
__________________
Athlon 64 4000+ ~~ Asrock 939 Dual SATA2 ~~ 2GB Geil Value PC3200 ~~ XFX 7900GT EE ~~ Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 ~~ LITE-ON SOWH 1693S DVD RW ~~ SB Audigy 2 ZS
spirited1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-08, 08:53 PM   #134
CaptnStubing
Registered User
 
CaptnStubing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 2,714
Default Re: Age of Conan Feedback thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by glObalist
Hey, it's fine, you think in Conan's time you would be given a reason before being killed by a bunch of barbarians? LOL learn2handle mature MMOs lol. This game is for adults FFS.
Did you actually say that grave yard raping is mature? Honestly, what is wrong with you? I don't go on PVP servers because of people like you. I want to do world pvp also but it is annoying to have some jack-wad spend hours upon hours of time gearing up with epix and all he does is gank lowbies. That isn't mature. That is ruining the game for everyone else.

From what I've seen in all the MMO's I've played, mature is the last adjective I'd use to describe the players in them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spirited1
You're missing my point. I haven't played the game. I have never once claimed I have played it. I believe the upper levels are buggy, untested, and missing a load of content.

You and that other guy are continually dodging. I ask for details, you say "nevermind that, it's great lol". I'm calling bull****. Either you and him have never played above 20 or you know there are drastic problems.

So come on. Give me the full skippy on how the end game raiding system works. Talk about how the classes work, talk about trash mobs, pvp mechanics, raid target ai, ANYTHING. Because I'm guessing you can't.

The ball is in YOUR court, not mine. I am not the guy talking up AoC. Show me the money or shut up.
It is a closed BETA. They cannot talk about it. No matter how much you want to double dog dare them. Actually the ball is in your court. You are the one making claims from no first hand evidence what so ever. You have no point, just speculation.
CaptnStubing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-08, 09:29 PM   #135
spirited1
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 194
Default Re: Age of Conan Feedback thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptnStubing
It is a closed BETA. They cannot talk about it. No matter how much you want to double dog dare them. Actually the ball is in your court. You are the one making claims from no first hand evidence what so ever. You have no point, just speculation.
More excuses.

The game releases in one week. Funcom isn't going to ban anyone for breaking nda this late in the game and you know it.

And even if the unthinkable happens and you get banned (and this is highly unlikely, Funcom are 100% gearing up for launch) , so what? You have a week to wait, big deal. And you get to be the guy who shuts an idiot like me up. Wouldn't you like to make me eat my words?

If you've experienced the end game, or even the mid level game, talk about it. Shut me up, prove I'm wrong. I actually WANT to be proved I'm wrong. Tell me how it's been thoroughly tested, and all features are in and working. Tell me how the raids are -- you don't have to write a thousand word essay. Tell me about the high level abilities and how sweet they are. Tell me about the quests, how involved they are, tell me about the rewards. JUST SAY SOMETHING. ANYTHING.

Because right now you're all dodging, stalling, and hiding behind the nda. I'm sick of the snake oil salesman routines and the "wait till you play it wink-wink" hyperbole. I wasn't born yesterday.

I await your excuses. You're running out of them.



If anyone has pre-ordered, do yourselves a favour and cancel. Wait until someone makes an honest write up about this game, then make a decision on whether to buy or not. Don't buy into this pre-release hype train.

Or, you can go ahead and pay Funcom to finish the game on your subscription. It's your money.
__________________
Athlon 64 4000+ ~~ Asrock 939 Dual SATA2 ~~ 2GB Geil Value PC3200 ~~ XFX 7900GT EE ~~ Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 ~~ LITE-ON SOWH 1693S DVD RW ~~ SB Audigy 2 ZS
spirited1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-08, 11:05 PM   #136
Bah!
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 868
Default Re: Age of Conan Feedback thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by killahsin
that is AoC "free for all pvp" ffa-pvp system, please understand thats a seperate rules set thanks. The beta was set to it yes and yes it sucked.
Actually all the PvP servers are FFA, which is what i was talking about. The only servers that aren't FFA are the PvE servers, where you can PvP in the Border Kingdoms or mini-games.


Quote:
Originally Posted by spirited1
You're missing my point. I haven't played the game. I have never once claimed I have played it. I believe the upper levels are buggy, untested, and missing a load of content.

You and that other guy are continually dodging. I ask for details, you say "nevermind that, it's great lol". I'm calling bull****. Either you and him have never played above 20 or you know there are drastic problems.

So come on. Give me the full skippy on how the end game raiding system works. Talk about how the classes work, talk about trash mobs, pvp mechanics, raid target ai, ANYTHING. Because I'm guessing you can't.

The ball is in YOUR court, not mine. I am not the guy talking up AoC. Show me the money or shut up.
Hey dickhead, it's not our job to convince you of anything or shut you up. You can gladly keep running your mouth about something you know nothing about, i think it's hilarious and it actually makes you look dumber than if we did set you straight. Obiviously, there are those of us who have seen what the game is about, and we don't give a **** whether you play or not. If we are talking it up it's because we are excited about the fact that it is finally coming out, like gamers do all the time for anticipated titles.

Your problem is that you think we owe you anything, or that by acting like an ass you can coax us into telling you something...grow up. Who cares what you think about the end-game?...you've never even experienced it! And this "ball is in your court" garbage, you'd actually have to make an informed point before we'd even be playing that game.


And i don't know about killahsin, but the NDA would be the last reason i'd need to ignore your demands for information, your attitude is more than enough.
Bah! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-08, 11:19 PM   #137
Buckeye
Registered User
 
Buckeye's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 468
Default Re: Age of Conan Feedback thread

So I went into GameStop tonight to get the pre-order. The guy there gave two pre-reg cards by mistake. So I entered my code and got all setup, you still need to setup a sub with CC and you need to pay the $5 for early access.

But I have an extra early access code, it also gives you the extra items.

Not sure if its of any use, or if you can use it after the game goes live for the special items.

You will still need to enter your CD key when you get the actual copy to continue playing from I can tell.
__________________
New Build Coming Soon
Powered by Liftoff and soon to be cooled by H30.
Buckeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-08, 11:41 PM   #138
MrSavoy
Registered User
 
MrSavoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 443
Default Re: Age of Conan Feedback thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by spirited1
More excuses.

The game releases in one week. Funcom isn't going to ban anyone for breaking nda this late in the game and you know it.

And even if the unthinkable happens and you get banned (and this is highly unlikely, Funcom are 100% gearing up for launch) , so what? You have a week to wait, big deal. And you get to be the guy who shuts an idiot like me up. Wouldn't you like to make me eat my words?

If you've experienced the end game, or even the mid level game, talk about it. Shut me up, prove I'm wrong. I actually WANT to be proved I'm wrong. Tell me how it's been thoroughly tested, and all features are in and working. Tell me how the raids are -- you don't have to write a thousand word essay. Tell me about the high level abilities and how sweet they are. Tell me about the quests, how involved they are, tell me about the rewards. JUST SAY SOMETHING. ANYTHING.

Because right now you're all dodging, stalling, and hiding behind the nda. I'm sick of the snake oil salesman routines and the "wait till you play it wink-wink" hyperbole. I wasn't born yesterday.

I await your excuses. You're running out of them.



If anyone has pre-ordered, do yourselves a favour and cancel. Wait until someone makes an honest write up about this game, then make a decision on whether to buy or not. Don't buy into this pre-release hype train.

Or, you can go ahead and pay Funcom to finish the game on your subscription. It's your money.
Heh while your attitude leaves somethign to be desired, most of what you have said has some merit. I would like to hear more about end game also;instead all I hear is wait till you play it or its great dont worry.

I'm going to get the game on release day cause I'm a sucker and it looks cool. I have intentionally stayed away from the beta because I would like to be suprised. Lets hope I'm suprised in a good way.

As far as people just saying crap like end game is all set and what not, I have heard that on other forums, personally I don't believe it. Again it's not a tremendously big deal to me since I know they are going to be patching, refining and adding content all the time especially in the begining but it would be nice to know.

All in all I am very optimistic about this MMO and NO I dont think this is another Vanguard, as that was a true disapointment to me. Anyway, I'll be there on launch day next tuesday like everyone else. Peace.
__________________
CM Stacker 830SE w/Real Power Pro, 80 PLUS, 1000W Power Supply / EVGA X58 3XSLI
Intel CI7 920 @ 3.77Ghz w/Corsair, 6GB (3 x 2GB) Dominator XMP PC3-12800 DDR3 1600MHz CL9 (8-8-8-24)
THERMALRIGHT, Ultra-120 eXtreme 1366 RT CPU Cooler w/MX-2 High-Performance Thermal Compound
3x EVGA, GeForce GTX 470's Superclocked (TRI-SLI) / 2x WESTERN DIGITAL, 640GB WD Caviar Black (WD6401AALS) (Raid 0) / LITE-ON CD-R/CD-RW/DVD Combo Drive / SAMSUNG DVD R/RW / Windows 7 Home Premium 64 / Westy 37" 1080P
MrSavoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-08, 12:36 AM   #139
CaptnStubing
Registered User
 
CaptnStubing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 2,714
Default Re: Age of Conan Feedback thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by spirited1
More excuses.

The game releases in one week. Funcom isn't going to ban anyone for breaking nda this late in the game and you know it.

And even if the unthinkable happens and you get banned (and this is highly unlikely, Funcom are 100% gearing up for launch) , so what? You have a week to wait, big deal. And you get to be the guy who shuts an idiot like me up. Wouldn't you like to make me eat my words?

If you've experienced the end game, or even the mid level game, talk about it. Shut me up, prove I'm wrong. I actually WANT to be proved I'm wrong. Tell me how it's been thoroughly tested, and all features are in and working. Tell me how the raids are -- you don't have to write a thousand word essay. Tell me about the high level abilities and how sweet they are. Tell me about the quests, how involved they are, tell me about the rewards. JUST SAY SOMETHING. ANYTHING.

Because right now you're all dodging, stalling, and hiding behind the nda. I'm sick of the snake oil salesman routines and the "wait till you play it wink-wink" hyperbole. I wasn't born yesterday.

I await your excuses. You're running out of them.



If anyone has pre-ordered, do yourselves a favour and cancel. Wait until someone makes an honest write up about this game, then make a decision on whether to buy or not. Don't buy into this pre-release hype train.

Or, you can go ahead and pay Funcom to finish the game on your subscription. It's your money.
Why do you care? Don't play the game but please go away from this thread. All you are doing is complaining like a typical pathetic gamer. I can't stand people like you. You get a new game and you complain. You haven't even been in the game and you are complaining. Have you mom tuck you into bed because you are one cranky little boy.
CaptnStubing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-08, 03:29 AM   #140
Badboy_12345
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Sweden
Posts: 1,362
Default Re: Age of Conan Feedback thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by arioch21
lol that made my day, thats the funniest reply ive ever read. Just so you know ive been playing MMO's since ultima online, and pvp has never been a problem with me, my main character in WoW is on a pvp server. But there is a difference between fun pvp and simply bad camping where you spawn pvp, that doesnt take any skill. From the chat going on and the griefers, it doesnt seem like many adults are playing.
Its beta = everyone can get in

When it hits retail its M-rated
Badboy_12345 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-12-08, 03:41 AM   #141
arioch21
Vengeful Blades
 
arioch21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: New York
Posts: 444
Default Re: Age of Conan Feedback thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badboy_12345
Its beta = everyone can get in

When it hits retail its M-rated
tell me something I dont know, my reply was in reference to another post, nothing to do with it being beta and the kids that are playing it. There are a lot of adults that have kid mentalities, being M-rated is not going to stop them from buying the game.
__________________
Intel i7-950 @3.06GHz | G.Skill 12GB DDR3 1600 | ASUS Rampage III Formula | EVGA GTX580 SLI | COUGAR-CMX 1000W PSU | Cooler Master CM692 II Advanced | Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit
arioch21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-08, 10:46 AM   #142
Arioch
Registered User
 
Arioch's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 2,087
Default Re: Age of Conan Feedback thread

I am at about 50% complete on downloading the client. Hopefully the launch goes ok this weekend - I have had my share of smooth and not-so-smooth MMORPG launches in my time.
Arioch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-08, 11:23 AM   #143
Buckeye
Registered User
 
Buckeye's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 468
Default Re: Age of Conan Feedback thread

Did you get the email and download instructions, or are you using the links from the forums ?

No email yet so I used the forum link for US, at 96% now.
__________________
New Build Coming Soon
Powered by Liftoff and soon to be cooled by H30.
Buckeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-08, 11:25 AM   #144
Arioch
Registered User
 
Arioch's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 2,087
Default Re: Age of Conan Feedback thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye
Did you get the email and download instructions, or are you using the links from the forums ?

No email yet so I used the forum link for US, at 96% now.
I started the download early but then got the email confirmation later with a link to the same download I already started.
Arioch is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Official Max Payne 3 Feedback Thread Ghosthunter Gaming Central 94 10-05-12 07:00 AM
Detonator 40.72 feedback thread mongoose NVIDIA Windows Graphics Drivers 94 12-03-02 11:45 AM
Official Detonator 40.xx Feedback Thread pelly NVIDIA Windows Graphics Drivers 299 09-22-02 07:54 AM
Detonator 30.30 feedback thread Matthyahuw NVIDIA Windows Graphics Drivers 26 07-31-02 10:14 PM

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:02 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 1998 - 2014, nV News.