Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > MMORPGs

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 05-13-08, 09:32 PM   #157
Bah!

Default Re: Age of Conan Feedback thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by killahsin
I think wow has kind of lived it's life at least for people whom have been playing since beta. It's had a long run and a very good one. in fact it's kept me playing forever lol. But aftyer burning crusade and then redoing the loot grind all over again, and now another expansionw hich will make me redo the exact same things. I'm kind of ready for a new game. So wow is permanently uninstalled from my computer until the next great mmo from blizzard. Or until they truly expand on the game and not just by another 10 player levels and then 20 levels of gear.

Blizzard really has to expand the experiance for me to come back and keep playing. And im talking 3 more continents and twice the amount of levels they have now. But that's just me. They need to expand on the arena, they need to really support the world pvp and territory control mechanisms they spoke about in beta. The arenas and battlegrounds are just not interesting to me anymore. I want a real and true war with the alliance that leads me to the gates of stormwind(or a capital city added in a 3 continent REAL expansion). Not some tower in the middle of nowhere. I want to take over capital cities. And this is where blizz needs to go for me and alot of my kind to come back full time.

Arenas killed WoW as far as i'm concerned, and since they are bound and determined to turn WoW into an e-sport I'll never go back. I have no doubts that both AoC and WAR will be successful enough that many people, who have had it with the way Blizzard is taking WoW, will be able to stay away.
Bah! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-08, 05:59 AM   #158
Badboy_12345

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8yMNmhChOY

coolest **** EVER
Badboy_12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-08, 08:30 PM   #159
nrdstrm

That...is...bad....ass...I hope it will be in at launch!

On Any Given Sunday!
nrdstrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-08, 09:41 PM   #160
nrdstrm

I'm a bit teed off at the moment. I preordered so I could play early. The gamestop I ordered from got their codes yesterday. I went and picked it up today only to find out that the "early" codes are "sold out". Yes, there was a small statement about "limited availability" in the preorder, but I assumed that meant there were a limited number of preorders. I'm not going to cancel or anything, and they claim they had an unexpected amount of people who signed up for the early play deal. This bodes well for the game if true. Anyhow, i just needed to rant a bit..

On Any Given Sunday!
Old 05-15-08, 09:58 PM   #161
lIqUID
whip yo ass!

well Ive sat on my early codes for about 2 weeks now, so since I didn't enter them in and wont get to play it gives me a few more days to argue with myself over buying it.

i7 930@3.8ghz on Noctua NH-U12P
Evga x58 LE
MSI GTX 480 formerly known as HIS HD5870
128 gig Crucial m4/80 gig Intel X25-M ssd/500 gb WD
750 watt Corsair TX
Coolermaster HAF-X

if my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour you're gonna to see some serious sh!t.
lIqUID is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-08, 11:06 PM   #162
CaptnStubing

You can use your codes anytime before the launch.
CaptnStubing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-08, 11:26 PM   #163
nrdstrm

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptnStubing
You can use your codes anytime before the launch.
Yes, you can enter your preorder code anytime before launch. Once you enter it, you will get your mammoth or whatever the mount at level 40 or 45 (I forget). But when you hit the "Play Early" thing, it is supposed to send you another code to enter into the launcher so you can play early. Instead of that, what one would get now says something to the effect "The Play Early Program has sold out."...

There are 2 100+ post threads on the AOC forums (probably more) about this. Trust me, I can NOT get into to early access now...

On Any Given Sunday!
Old 05-15-08, 11:35 PM   #164
CaptnStubing

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrdstrm
Yes, you can enter your preorder code anytime before launch. Once you enter it, you will get your mammoth or whatever the mount at level 40 or 45 (I forget). But when you hit the "Play Early" thing, it is supposed to send you another code to enter into the launcher so you can play early. Instead of that, what one would get now says something to the effect "The Play Early Program has sold out."...

There are 2 100+ post threads on the AOC forums (probably more) about this. Trust me, I can NOT get into to early access now...
Ah I C. So even though you bought the game and it gives you the information you still wont get in because you didn't enter your code in time eh? If so that is false advertisement. Here is my email from Game Stop.

Quote:
Your Unique Code is: ***************
This key has certain benefits:
Fulfillment of your in-game item.
Early Access Program.
Go to http://register.ageofconan.com and enter your key. You may begin downloading the game client software and installing as early as May 14. Then you may create a character and begin playing on May 17, 3 days before commercial release on May 20, 2008. Your character and all his/her progress will be preserved into commercial release. This key also unlocks your in-game item. Note: There is a nominal fee of $5 that covers the cost of the download and includes 10 days of additional game time. Some restrictions apply, see registration page for details.
Thank you,

GameStop Customer Service
So even though the email says I can start early I still cannot get in? That is flat out BS. From what I read that code they gave me has the early access program attached to it. In other words that code already reserved my spot. If that is not the case then I can see a class action lawsuit in the near future for EBGames and Funcom.

Old 05-15-08, 11:36 PM   #165
killahsin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ut_mws5tOk4

siege warfare. Frapsed by funcom QA.

Just for the guy who said sieging wasn't in or sucked lolz.
Also I'm sorry for anyone who didn't get in the Early access =/ I did but i can iamgine it does suck not to. It was sorta unexpected that they would fill those spots so fast.
2 x msi 9600 gt oc's @ 760x1950.
4 gigs ram.
R.I.P. Ritual
killahsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-08, 11:50 PM   #166
CaptnStubing

Quote:
Originally Posted by killahsin
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ut_mws5tOk4

siege warfare. Frapsed by funcom QA.

Just for the guy who said sieging wasn't in or sucked lolz.
Also I'm sorry for anyone who didn't get in the Early access =/ I did but i can iamgine it does suck not to. It was sorta unexpected that they would fill those spots so fast.
I don't mind not getting in. I do mind being lied to. I quoted my email. It clearly says what benefits that code gave me. What they say is not what I got. That is what pisses me off.
Old 05-16-08, 01:08 AM   #167
Badboy_12345

The strange thing is that they get those codes from funcom.. so that means that funcom should know how many codes they have sent out and know how many could sign up..

If they cant take them all then they shouldnt sent out that many codes.

But I got in the early access
Badboy_12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-08, 01:14 AM   #168
lognoronon

Well according to my account information it says I'm in so hopefully no issues for me. Also got a call from Gamestop today saying they will have the game in on Friday which is good since I was told earlier this week they may not have it until Wednesday. Just hoping the game runs well on my system at 1680 1050.

Cooler Master Storm Trooper case
Asrock Extreme 3 Gen 3
I7-2600k
8 Gig of Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600
EVGA GTX 560 TI
Lite On 20x DVD +- RW
WD 160 gig 7200 rpm hd
WD 750 gig 7200 rpm hd
Logitech G15 Keyboard
Razer Naga mouse
Corsair GS700
LG 22" L226WTQ