Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > MMORPGs

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 05-20-08, 09:06 AM   #217
Buckeye

Default Re: Age of Conan Feedback thread

New system up and running with AoC <gulp>

Settings all High, every AA setting set to 16x enhance application, 1920x1200.
80-100+ FPS.

load time when zoning is about 2 seconds

Still tweaking NV control pannel.

FPS on my older rig was about 30-60, and it plays very smooth.
This game is very easy on graphic cards and even with lower settings it still looks very nice.

I need to find a nice 30" LCD Widescreen to really push this setup.
Everything is still running at stock settings so far, so no OC atm. Still waiting Phase cooling <cry>

A nice Feat Calculator
http://feats.goonheim.com/necromance...D1t2a5d5g5k5p3

PvE servers you can still PvP but in areas just for that.
PvP servers have a new rule set.

As part of celebrating the release of Age of Conan we are happy to unravel a brand new PvP ruleset that has not previously been disclosed: The Culture PvP ruleset! Note that this new PvP server type is experimental and players on these servers must expect an ongoing change to the ruleset.

The goal of this PvP server-type is to stimulate war behind the three cultures of Cimmeria, Aquilonia and Stygia. As a player on a Culture PvP server, you are shielded from lone travelers of your own culture, however you may still group with any culture and form a group and attack anyone.

The Culture PvP ruleset is an evolving ruleset that will be tweaked and polished based on player-feedback in the months to come. Although it is, at least currently, possible to make guilds across cultures, pure culture groups and guilds will be endorsed on this server, and as such players on the Culture PvP servers must prepare that the future will hold continued changes to the ruleset.

We have changed to ruleset on two servers that were previously flagged as full PvP. The homes for the Culture PvP servers are:
Old 05-20-08, 10:38 AM   #218
CaptnStubing

Quote:
Originally Posted by glObalist
Yeah we've all seen it in the screenshots of general chat and heard it from the griefing stories how this game caters to adults. Just because it has "realistic" graphics or heads flying doesn't mean it will be any better than WoW in that respect.
This isn't a WoW vs Conan thread. If you want that kind of thread then make one. Otherwise get out of this thread.
CaptnStubing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-08, 10:40 AM   #219
glObalist
working as intended

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptnStubing
This isn't a WoW vs Conan thread. If you want that kind of thread then make one. Otherwise get out of this thread.
I wasn't the one who posted the lame WoW vs. AoC picture. :P
Quote:
All MMO's are now baby-school weak. The only good MMO's make your eyes bleed and force you to eat glass. In my day we had to walk uphill in the snow 5 miles *JUST* to log in.
glObalist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-08, 10:44 AM   #220
jeffmd
Has a vegetation fetish

Captn, your yelling at the wrong person. ^^

Anyways.. I found out last night that the game is zoned. Reading the wiki, theres not actually any zone lines.. but rather you visit a sort of travel master (stable, port) and they send you to the next area? How does the game manage long distance travel, like WoW's wyvern/griffin system?

Btw buck those are great load times. Its pretty clear the game dosnt need to load the entire zone into memory, makes me wonder why it couldn't have been totaly persistent.. unless its to do away with the need for multiple world servers?
Old 05-20-08, 11:28 AM   #221
qube
Bored sins birth

were can i download the client fore early access
Old 05-20-08, 11:33 AM   #222
Buckeye

I think early access is over, maybe tomorrow.
Old 05-20-08, 11:37 AM   #223
qube
Bored sins birth

fu...k i preeorded it and missed it
Old 05-20-08, 11:38 AM   #224
killahsin

Quote:

The game is ****ing adult themed get over it that is what the picture was about. Don't turn this into somthing it isn't. It was a ****ing joke, grow some testicles.
2 x msi 9600 gt oc's @ 760x1950.
4 gigs ram.
R.I.P. Ritual
killahsin is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-20-08, 11:40 AM   #225
killahsin

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffmd

Anyways.. I found out last night that the game is zoned. Reading the wiki, theres not actually any zone lines.. but rather you visit a sort of travel master (stable, port) and they send you to the next area? How does the game manage long distance travel, like WoW's wyvern/griffin system?

Btw buck those are great load times. Its pretty clear the game dosnt need to load the entire zone into memory, makes me wonder why it couldn't have been totaly persistent.. unless its to do away with the need for multiple world servers?

Well every zone past the starting ones have not had multiple instances of them so i hope that alleviates peoples worries. As it stands right now all long distance multi tiered traveling is done by just going to zone walls, or talking to traveling npcs. There are mounts and sucha s well as we all know.
2 x msi 9600 gt oc's @ 760x1950.
4 gigs ram.
R.I.P. Ritual
killahsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-08, 12:00 PM   #226
Ninjaman09
Takin 'er easy

Well I changed my mind and bought the game today. Can't wait to get home and start playing on the live servers.

A bunch of my RL friends who quit WoW a long time ago started playing this, but they're on a PVP server, so pray for me.
CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX
Dell U2410
Ninjaman09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-08, 12:01 PM   #227
CaptnStubing

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffmd

Don't take it personal, I yell at ALL gamers. It's my thing. I am a fanboy of those who hate gamers. I am a gamer who hates all other gamers. Go figure.

WRG to the zone, it needs to be this way because of the graphics. You would need a top end machine to have expansive no zone lines to run this game. Funcom decided to have great graphics. This means you cannot have it as wide open as WoW. WoW chose to have stylized graphics (which were fine with me) and lower graphics so the game could be wide open. Both have their advantages. The difference is WoW's approach is proven to work. We shall see in Conan.
Old 05-20-08, 12:03 PM   #228
CaptnStubing

Quote:
It was post in a CONAN thread.

Hug?