Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > MMORPGs

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 05-06-08, 02:33 AM   #1
ATOJAR
Bish Bash Bosh

Send a message via MSN to ATOJAR
Question Some nood WoW questions?

Just afew questions here guys,

1)first off what the best server type? PvP, RP or Normal?(ive been playing a Normal server)

2)about my account, as said i have bought the warchest(wow & burning crusade) .... i have just checked my account details and it still says im on the 10 day free trial, it says on the box a get 1 months free full subscription?

3)I have the burning crusade installed, how can i tell if this is running? im supposed to get two extra races, the blood elvs & another race, i dont see these races in the character selection\creation screen?
Intel i7 920 D0(Ultra-120 eXtreme) - ASUS P6T iX58 - 6GB Corsair DDR3 XMS3 1600MHz - Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Gamer - Corsair 120GB Force 3 SSD(Win7/apps) - Seagate Barracuda SATA II 500GB(storage/games) - LG W2452T 24" LCD 1920x1200 Monitor - MSI GTX 760 2GB - Windows 7 Ultimate X64 - Corsair 750W TX PSU - Antec 900 Case - Logitech G500 Mouse - Logitech G15 v2 Keyboard.
ATOJAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-08, 05:20 AM   #2
BronzeGod
Kanye West is emo

Default Re: Some nood WoW questions?

1. /quit

2. /quit

3. /cancel subscription to overhyped mmo
Old 05-06-08, 02:06 PM   #3
Ninjaman09
Takin 'er easy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATOJAR
Just afew questions here guys,

1)first off what the best server type? PvP, RP or Normal?(ive been playing a Normal server)

2)about my account, as said i have bought the warchest(wow & burning crusade) .... i have just checked my account details and it still says im on the 10 day free trial, it says on the box a get 1 months free full subscription?

3)I have the burning crusade installed, how can i tell if this is running? im supposed to get two extra races, the blood elvs & another race, i dont see these races in the character selection\creation screen?
1 - That's entirely up to you, but my personal experience is that Normal servers are vastly preferable. The entire concept behind a PVP server is to encourage world PVP, but the only form of world PVP that really occurs these days is objectives in Outland (not something you'll encounter until the mid-60s) and getting ganked. Getting ganked is generally not fun, and a persistent ganker can actually ruin an entire play session. Ganking is extremely prevalent on PVP servers as many bored veteran players kill time by slaughtering lowbies in leveling zones. There are absolutely no tangible benefits to playing on a PVP server as all meaningful (i.e., rewarding) PVP occurs in Battlegrounds and Arena, which are available to everyone on any server.

2 - That I can't help you with - call or email Blizzard's billing department.

3 - If you don't see Blood Elves (horde) or Draenei (alliance) on the character creation screen, you haven't installed The Burning Crusade.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BronzeGod
1. /quit

2. /quit

3. /cancel subscription to overhyped mmo
How helpful.
CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX
Dell U2410
Ninjaman09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-08, 03:14 PM   #4
lIqUID
whip yo ass!

doesn't he need to go to WOWs website and manually upgrade his account in the account management page to a TBC account? Its been TBC release since I messed with it so I don't really remember.

but yea, run away its a terrible game now and nowhere near as good as it used to be. I'll be leaving 3.5 years of playtime behind in just about 2 weeks, and I wont miss it a bit.

i7 930@3.8ghz on Noctua NH-U12P
Evga x58 LE
MSI GTX 480 formerly known as HIS HD5870
128 gig Crucial m4/80 gig Intel X25-M ssd/500 gb WD
750 watt Corsair TX
Coolermaster HAF-X

if my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour you're gonna to see some serious sh!t.
lIqUID is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-08, 03:24 PM   #5
Ninjaman09
Takin 'er easy

Quote:
Originally Posted by lIqUID
doesn't he need to go to WOWs website and manually upgrade his account in the account management page to a TBC account? Its been TBC release since I messed with it so I don't really remember.
I think you're probably right, yeah.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lIqUID
but yea, run away its a terrible game now and nowhere near as good as it used to be. I'll be leaving 3.5 years of playtime behind in just about 2 weeks, and I wont miss it a bit.
It's not terrible, you're just tired of it. Nostalgia for Pre-BC aside the game has improved tremendously since release. What's been going on recently with the ridiculous PVE progression curve and Arena e-sport is going to be moot once WotLK comes out anyway.
CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX
Dell U2410
Ninjaman09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-08, 05:04 PM   #6
lIqUID
whip yo ass!

no, you mean WOTLK will be moot when Warhammer Online comes out

but yea I do miss the good ole days of several hour AVs and killing Nefarian on Saturday night with a quick stop to down half of Naxx with the other nerdlings

i7 930@3.8ghz on Noctua NH-U12P
Evga x58 LE
MSI GTX 480 formerly known as HIS HD5870
128 gig Crucial m4/80 gig Intel X25-M ssd/500 gb WD
750 watt Corsair TX
Coolermaster HAF-X

if my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour you're gonna to see some serious sh!t.
lIqUID is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-08, 01:32 AM   #7
OldOfEvil
Parrots + Xanax =

Stuff like this.. Wrath of the Lich King 10 Minutes Trailer ..is what has kept me interested in WotLK. I don't play a lot, but I still enjoy the game, having played since Dec 04, and seeing whats in store will probably keep me a subscriber for a long while.

Another piece of advice I would offer is stay far, far away from the official wow forums, horrid place.

EDIT: And yes, to echo Ninjaman09, stick with a PvE server. PvP servers are junk now.. on top of that, you have both factions available on a PvE server. Instead of just having one faction on a PvP server - e.g. you make a Horde character, you can't have an alliance character, vice versa.