Go Back   nV News Forums > Linux Support Forums > NVIDIA Linux

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 05-11-08, 12:45 PM   #1
tearor

Default slow video playback and screen tearing

Hi,
I've got an "Fujitsu Siemens ESPRIMO Edition P2410" upgraded with a Geforce FX 5200 (128mb ddr) pci card. A BenQ FP91G TFT is pluged in over dvi (i tried d-sub too).
Using the nv driver video playback runs smooth, but with some "flickering" in fullscreen mode, but using the nvidia driver (installed it from the ubuntu repository, as well as manually) the video playback is very slow. hd videos don't run at all. Even with sync to vblank activated I suffer from heavy screen tearing as well. I already tried diverent resolutions, refresh rates and drivers, nothing helped. I even reinstalled ubuntu (8.04).
Is there a way to fix this. Should I use my onboard video card rather than the fx 5200?

I attached a nvidia-bug report.log of the "NVIDIA-Linux-x86-169.12-pkg1.run"n driver. Is there something else you need? I'm a linux newbie as well...

Sorry for my bad english .

Edit: I found this thread just now, I think it could be the same problem: http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/show...ght=slow+video
I too have compiz disabled when using the nvidia driver.

I noticed that Xorg's CPU usage is two times higher when using the nvidia driver.
tearor is offline   Reply With Quote