Go Back   nV News Forums > Linux Support Forums > General Linux

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 05-06-03, 08:42 AM   #1
thingi

Default sp/dif passthru?

Has anybody managed to get ac3 passthrough to work on the new nforce drivers?

I can get the sp/dif to output standard pcm, but I'm not having much luck with Xine or Mplayer sp/dif passthrough for my DVD's :-(

Xine and Mplayer did passthrough perfectly when I had my GametheatreXP (alsa drivers) installed.

thingi
thingi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-03, 02:06 PM   #2
trew

Default Re: sp/dif passthru?

Quote:
Originally posted by thingi
Has anybody managed to get ac3 passthrough to work on the new nforce drivers?

I can get the sp/dif to output standard pcm, but I'm not having much luck with Xine or Mplayer sp/dif passthrough for my DVD's :-(

Xine and Mplayer did passthrough perfectly when I had my GametheatreXP (alsa drivers) installed.

thingi
Mplayer don't know how to handle ac3 passthrough. You're using mplayer -ac hwac3, right? And gives you 3-4 fps, ja? I'd reccomend vlc for that task. Dunno 'bout xine.

Btw, I ask everyone I pass on my way to eternal happiness that have an nforce2 chipset if they've had any luck with digital out in alsa-0.9.3. It locks up my computer if I try e.g. "aplay -D hw:0,1" or select the iec958 output device from xmms. Have you or anyone else here had any luck with this?
trew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-03, 05:06 PM   #3
thingi

Default Re: Re: sp/dif passthru?

Quote:
[i]
Btw, I ask everyone I pass on my way to eternal happiness that have an nforce2 chipset if they've had any luck with digital out in alsa-0.9.3. It locks up my computer if I try e.g. "aplay -D hw:0,1" or select the iec958 output device from xmms. Have you or anyone else here had any luck with this? [/b]
Dunno about 0.9.3, but the 0.9.2csv version I installed was supposed to support spdif output, but I get nothing, nayda, zilch. No crashes or lockups just the (not so) beautiful sound of silence!

thingi
thingi is offline   Reply With Quote