Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > Console World

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 05-20-08, 06:45 PM   #1
HiCZoK4

Default 5.1 speakers and pc

I have 5.1 speakers connected to pc. I am using connector to connect 360 2rca cables to one jack and then to 2->1 jack connector to the green output in pc together with green jack ffrom speakers. So now I have full 5.1 under pc and stereo+sw for 360.

The point is.
If I have pc on and 360 off then front left/right speakers are very quiet compared to other one but when I turn 360 on or eject jack from pc output then sound is ok.
Also sound on 360 is quiet when pc is running on so I have to turn of pc to have loud 360 sound.

I suppose its all becouse 2->1 jack connector.
HiCZoK4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-08, 09:02 PM   #2
kev13dd

Default Re: 5.1 speakers and pc

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiCZoK4
I have 5.1 speakers connected to pc. I am using connector to connect 360 2rca cables to one jack and then to 2->1 jack connector to the green output in pc together with green jack ffrom speakers. So now I have full 5.1 under pc and stereo+sw for 360.

The point is.
If I have pc on and 360 off then front left/right speakers are very quiet compared to other one but when I turn 360 on or eject jack from pc output then sound is ok.
Also sound on 360 is quiet when pc is running on so I have to turn of pc to have loud 360 sound.

I suppose its all becouse 2->1 jack connector.
I had similar issues trying to split audio between PC and Xbox

My final solution was hooking Xbox360 to audio-in on the soundcard. Sound is a tad quieter when I turn on my Xbox, but not very much so to be annoying

I wish I had digital-in on my soundcard cause then I'd actually have 5.1 on Xbox AND PC, rather than 5.1 on PC and left/right only on Xbox, but meh. I have wireless headphones that I use 80% of the time, so it works out the same anyways

K
Maybe the guys at Shugashack should play around with their gamma correction just a little bit because most of the screenshot are so dark you can't get an idea of what this game is really going to look like
In reference to Doom 3 screenshots from 2001
kev13dd is offline   Reply With Quote