Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > MMORPGs

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 06-10-08, 10:31 AM   #1
ATOJAR
Bish Bash Bosh

Send a message via MSN to ATOJAR
Default Why do i get ganked?

Ok im a lvl 29 ranger, i was going about my business when i get attacked by a lvl 23 fella(dont know the character type/race ect but he had a club) .. anyway i amlost take him out then he uses magic to regenerate his health! ... so this leaves me with under half a health bar and him back with a full health bar, if i didn't turn and run then hide he would have killed me even though i nearly had him the first time until he regenerated his health! ... how am i supposed to beat a guy who can do this?

Anybody got any pvp tips/advice to help me here? am i using my combos/feats wrong? love the game just 90% of the time i get beat in a pvp battle!

What are the best feats & combos to have as a ranger? ... can i unlock more combos are do they only come with lvl ups?

Please i need help!
Intel i7 920 D0(Ultra-120 eXtreme) - ASUS P6T iX58 - 6GB Corsair DDR3 XMS3 1600MHz - Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Gamer - Corsair 120GB Force 3 SSD(Win7/apps) - Seagate Barracuda SATA II 500GB(storage/games) - LG W2452T 24" LCD 1920x1200 Monitor - MSI GTX 760 2GB - Windows 7 Ultimate X64 - Corsair 750W TX PSU - Antec 900 Case - Logitech G500 Mouse - Logitech G15 v2 Keyboard.
ATOJAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-08, 10:35 AM   #2
Yaboze

Default Re: Why do i get ganked?

You have to keep him at range, there is a shot or attack that slows his movement, I dunno what's it's call. Keep him at range and keep shooting.
Yaboze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-08, 10:48 AM   #3
ATOJAR
Bish Bash Bosh

Send a message via MSN to ATOJAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaboze View Post
You have to keep him at range, there is a shot or attack that slows his movement, I dunno what's it's call. Keep him at range and keep shooting.
Yeah but the pin down attack has a cool down timer and by time i get to use it again he has managed to get to me!

My main problem is beating him when he can re-generating his health!
Intel i7 920 D0(Ultra-120 eXtreme) - ASUS P6T iX58 - 6GB Corsair DDR3 XMS3 1600MHz - Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Gamer - Corsair 120GB Force 3 SSD(Win7/apps) - Seagate Barracuda SATA II 500GB(storage/games) - LG W2452T 24" LCD 1920x1200 Monitor - MSI GTX 760 2GB - Windows 7 Ultimate X64 - Corsair 750W TX PSU - Antec 900 Case - Logitech G500 Mouse - Logitech G15 v2 Keyboard.
ATOJAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-08, 04:19 PM   #4
CaptnStubing

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATOJAR View Post
Yeah but the pin down attack has a cool down timer and by time i get to use it again he has managed to get to me!

My main problem is beating him when he can re-generating his health!
That is the trick. You have to interrupt him casting his spells.

What you described is normal for PVP servers in MMOs.
CaptnStubing is offline   Reply With Quote