Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > MMORPGs

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 05-26-08, 04:52 PM   #13
lIqUID
whip yo ass!

Default Re: World of Warcraft Wrath of the Lich King

well not everyone wants to PVE. I bought this game for a freaking war and have yet to see it since the old days of 2 full raid groups raping main cities. I'm just COMPLETELY disappointed in the path the WOW devs have taken with pretty much every aspect of the game.

i7 930@3.8ghz on Noctua NH-U12P
Evga x58 LE
MSI GTX 480 formerly known as HIS HD5870
128 gig Crucial m4/80 gig Intel X25-M ssd/500 gb WD
750 watt Corsair TX
Coolermaster HAF-X

if my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour you're gonna to see some serious sh!t.
lIqUID is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-08, 08:17 PM   #14
Dvahlish

Maybe...
Kinda abit over it and Im thinking Ill prolly end up playing warhammer online to be honest.
Old 07-30-08, 08:10 AM   #15
Feuer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lIqUID View Post
I quit WOW this week after playing since December 2004, and I have absolutely NO plans on getting the expansion. The first expansion was a huge leap in the wrong direction, and I honestly see nothing worth my time in the next one. Warhammer Online will be out by then anyways and it looks to be a game that appeals more to the way I want to play.
I agree completely. The arena system and resilence was what turned me off of WOW the most. I also got bored with it though, as they added armor sets they never really changed anything in the actual PVP content. The PVE content in TBC was bad in my opinion too. It wasn't as strategically laid out as MC, AQ etc.. not to mention the time consumption that a lot of us just don't have anymore. And don't get me started on dailies and farming gold just to get a faster flying mount. I just started playing AOC and it is great so far. If they continue to improve it I will stick with it.
Feuer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-08, 11:01 AM   #16
serialmike

Left wow in beginning of july, took 4 friends with me. All of us went to Lotro. All of us think Lotro is the much better game.

Wow had its days pre BC.

PVP/Arena killed wow for all of us.
The community killed wow for us
The destruction of the paladin from 1.9 forward ruined wow for me.

Goodbye wow. You had many chances to keep your player base. But they are leaving and leaving fast and all the ones i know that left aint comin back expansion and all.
serialmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-08, 11:09 AM   #17
Ninjaman09
Takin 'er easy

I've tried to go to Lotro a few times but never could get into it. Maybe it's because nobody I know plays it.
CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX
Dell U2410
Ninjaman09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-08, 08:46 PM   #18
Dvahlish

After reading up a lot more on the xpac I have decided I will def be getting it.
mainly because I have tried several other MMO's and NONE of them even came CLOSE to wow for me.
So..I have 3 70's and Im still having fun with them...come WOTLK I will have 10 more levels with each of them and a whole lotta fun in the new content hopefully.

I will still however be getting Warhammer aswell.....although i know someone who is playing Beta, and so far....hes not as impressed as he thought he would be.

So...time will tell I guess.
Old 08-13-08, 06:36 AM   #19
Tr1cK
not coming back

I love WoW. I wish I had more time to play it.

Have tried LOTRO a few times to. It's a great game, just something is missing and it doesn't quite suck me in.
Tr1cK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-08, 07:04 AM   #20
OldOfEvil
Parrots + Xanax =

Quote:
well not everyone wants to PVE. I bought this game for a freaking war and have yet to see it since the old days of 2 full raid groups raping main cities and then crashing the server.
fixed..

Was fun while it lasted, until everything turned to **** and the server went offline.

Old 08-13-08, 01:21 PM   #21
kazna

Quote:
Originally Posted by serialmike View Post
PVP/Arena killed wow for all of us.
Arena was a very important addition to the game. No MMO can survive off PvE alone, there will always be a potential player base that wants to focus on PvP. Arena brought in a "Fair" system that was still gear dependent, but removed external factors like potions and number differences.

Quote:
The destruction of the paladin from 1.9 forward ruined wow for me.
What? Paladins are in check? Wow, that sucks. Sorry you're not vastly overpowered healers anymore. But have you looked at Ret or Prot? THEY'RE VIABLE NOW! Unlike original WoW. Paladin healers still play an improtant role as the primary MT healers, they're still the most efficient.

Hell, run Hyjal without a Prot pally. Its not nearly as brain dead easy.

Quote:
You had many chances to keep your player base. But they are leaving and leaving fast and all the ones i know that left aint comin back expansion and all.
WoW Player base continues to rise. Granted War still hasn't launced, but even if they take a million players, WoW would still be top of the crop. Its a giant.
kazna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-08, 02:28 PM   #22
Rakeesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldOfEvil View Post
fixed..

Was fun while it lasted, until everything turned to **** and the server went offline.
Sh*t you don't even need two full raids. My server is relatively low pop and merely bringing a 20 man raid into darnassus causes the server to crash every time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kazna View Post
What? Paladins are in check? Wow, that sucks. Sorry you're not vastly overpowered healers anymore. But have you looked at Ret or Prot? THEY'RE VIABLE NOW! Unlike original WoW. Paladin healers still play an improtant role as the primary MT healers, they're still the most efficient.
I dunno I still laugh at ret paladins who ask to be on my arena teams, and I don't think I've ever brought a ret paladin to a pve raid; their dps just sucks. Honestly I've never seen anything good come from that spec; easily the most worthless in the game.

I get some paladins who try to argue "well ret does good in 3v3 in 1900+" sorry I just haven't seen it. In my battlegroup there is only one ret paladin in the top 40 teams. I don't care how much damage you can do and how much armor you have, if your only forms of cc are short duration and have horribly long cooldowns and you can't apply any kind of healing debuff you're pretty much worthless, especially given that once you run out of mana your dps really takes a dump. There's a good reason why this spec is known as retardin.

Now prot and holy? That is a different thing entirely. I love bringing prot paladins to raids, and holy paladins can be used for everything pve and pvp.

Core i7 2600k 4.4Ghz 1.385v | Corsair H60 | 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 8-8-8-24 | MSI P67A-G45 | OCZ Vertex 3 | Sapphire 7850 OC to Max settings

Rakeesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-08, 05:46 PM   #23
CaptnStubing

I think protection pallies can do as much damage from their protection spells as ret pallies. Every time you hit a protection pally you get hurt.
CaptnStubing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-08, 08:28 AM   #24
Ninjaman09
Takin 'er easy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptnStubing View Post
I think protection pallies can do as much damage from their protection spells as ret pallies.
Good lord how long has it been since you've played WoW?

Ret Pallies are doing some pretty respectable damage these days and in Wrath they're going to be a full-fledged DPS class complete with crowd control for instances.
CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX
Dell U2410
Ninjaman09 is offline   Reply With Quote