Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > MMORPGs

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 09-17-08, 06:22 PM   #97
thor1182
Spelling Expert?!?

Default Re: World of Warcraft Wrath of the Lich King

Quote:
Originally Posted by |MaguS| View Post
So who's server can I move my character to? I need someone to baby me...
I guess that depends on what you are looking for/faction
-"Aqua 2": Water Cooled Intel i7 960, 12 GB DDR3 PC 12800, 3x Intel X-25-M 80 GB SSD RAID 0, SATA 1.5TB WD, EVGA GeForce GTX 470 Supper Clocked Water Cooled, ASUS P6X58D, Corsair 800D w/ Koolance cooling
thor1182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-08, 06:33 PM   #98
Rakeesh

Ya you come to my server, don't expect much in the way of raid progression, but one look around in any non-neutral area and you'll quickly find evidence that pvp happened. It's all good for me though, sometimes I delay raids by a minute or two (often have to because I am main tank more often than not) so I can kill some allies I found outside.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thor1182 View Post
who knows with this one, the nerfbat might undo some of what it did. I hear what your saying about the nerf though, it went from something to be excited to play my feral again to a ... well you already know that answer. They are not done yet so we will see.
I can see how this talent will be very useful for tanking, but for anything else its just poo. Even for tanking though, I'd probably rather just have last stand come to think of it. Really horrible design decision on blizzards part. The only interesting druid talent tree left is balance now that they are dumbing down resto to be more like a holy paladin, but I think I'd rather have an ele shaman.

There's less than two months left. After the great bear nerf in 2.1 blizzard kept saying they'd fix ferals but they never did. After that point it was just "we'll fix it in the next expansion." This akin to a repeat of that, but who knows.

This talent point aside entirely, there's an even bigger underlying problem with feral now than there was with BC. Namely, our itemization options will offer no intellect at all. So that 7k mana pool you have right now won't increase at all, but the mana cost of shapeshifting will increase a ton. I think you know what that means.

Core i7 2600k 4.4Ghz 1.385v | Corsair H60 | 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 8-8-8-24 | MSI P67A-G45 | OCZ Vertex 3 | Sapphire 7850 OC to Max settings

Rakeesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-08, 02:11 AM   #99
Rakeesh

Nice they just nerfed it even more. Now no more multi-target hitting with mangle and maul.

Core i7 2600k 4.4Ghz 1.385v | Corsair H60 | 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 8-8-8-24 | MSI P67A-G45 | OCZ Vertex 3 | Sapphire 7850 OC to Max settings

Old 09-19-08, 12:58 PM   #100
CaptnStubing

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaWolf_HK View Post
Well as a druid I am still like the purple dragon. You can't catch the druid, its impossible.

And lolringaroundthepillarhump
LOL

I was on the public test realm yesterday. Pallies were running around crying nerf. I replied with "yes you have been nerfed but they severely over powered your QQing."

I am of the opinion that you are not nerfed if you were over powered to begin with. Druids have not been nerfed. They might be brought back in line with the rest of the classes but not nerfed.

I tested my shadow priest out but I could not test my terror on warriors or rogues so I don't know if we get an upgrade worth while or we are still the same.
CaptnStubing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-08, 09:00 PM   #101
Rakeesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptnStubing View Post
I am of the opinion that you are not nerfed if you were over powered to begin with. Druids have not been nerfed. They might be brought back in line with the rest of the classes but not nerfed.
Well, ferals have been nerfed in the sense that the level 80 gear will just suck something god awful for pvp. Right now in my pvp gear I have enough int to give me roughly 7k mana, enough to powershift a few times and maybe cast a cyclone and a heal or two if I need it.

Once I hit level 80, and get level 80 gear, know what happens to that figure? It goes down to 6k mana, rather than increasing like you'd expect it to, because there won't be any level 80 gear that has both melee stats and int on it.

Now at face value that doesn't sound like much, except for the fact that all of my spells, shapeshifting, etc, will at level 80 cost about twice as much mana as they do at level 70. Technically not a nerf because none of the feral abilities have been "reduced" per se. But I think you can see why it's now horribly broken. Not to mention that our shiny new 51 point talent is worthless.

--

But that's just feral. Resto...resto is actually a very fun healing class/spec to play on the live servers because you are what I'd call an offensive healer. You can be nearly 100% effective at healing while running around, unlike other classes. This comes at a price though, we by and large sacrifice burst healing in exchange for this. But that's great, it makes us unique; we have our own style of healing, and it is one that doesn't make you feel like you're just the b*tch healer.

The expansion changes us though. It makes us just another one of the b*tch healers. We're still powerful in the expansion, but now we're not that far different from the paladin that just gives everybody one buff and then stands around spamming flash heal so that everybody else can enjoy the game. Lame.

In the new patch the druid class is rather disappointing as a whole, even though I don't really feel any nerfs yet. The forced new playstyle is just...boring.

(But at least until then I still get to LOL when mages try to attack me, run out of mana trying to burst me down, evocate > lolcyclone, and then I, a healer of all things, start chasing them in travel form while chain moonfire dotting them. One of the things I love about resto.)

Old 09-20-08, 01:41 AM   #102
OldOfEvil
Parrots + Xanax =

The real time shadows are really nice in the Beta. Doesn't seem incur a huge FPS hit unless your flying over forests - I play @1920x1200 16AF 4AA doesn't seem to drop below 30 and is normal locked in at 60 (v-sync)..

Also the Death Knight's 55 to 58 quests were really fun, I hope (some of) Northrend's quests have that level of interactivity.
Old 09-22-08, 03:29 PM   #103
Tyr-Sog
goS-ryT