Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 12-27-08, 02:11 PM   #313
Beetleatwar1977
Grid Tuner

Default Re: Grid...

Done some bugfixing with some help
http://files.filefront.com/Ultra+Hig.../fileinfo.html
Should run without any problems now. Some people hat startup props with his mod, this should be gone.
Beetleatwar1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-08, 02:26 PM   #314
nekrosoft13
I'm Geralt

thanks for keeping us informed
Old 12-29-08, 08:41 PM   #315
CAUTION

Hey guys I went and purchased an Xbox 360 controller so that I could play GRID. But I am unable to make it work. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.
2X BFG GTX295's in Quad SLI
9800GT for dedicated PhysX
TOPOWER 1200 Watts Power Supply SLI Ready!
Western Digital SATA-150GB-Raptor
2X Western Digital SATA-500GB-Caviar SE in RAID 0
CM COSMOS S Custom Case
2X Gateway XHD3000 30" Widescreen HD LCD Monitor

Notebook: HP Pavilion dv9820us
CAUTION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-08, 08:43 PM   #316
stjuart

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAUTION View Post
Hey guys I went and purchased an Xbox 360 controller so that I could play GRID. But I am unable to make it work. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.
Let me guess, when you hit the gas its goes in reverse, i gave up on it. Logitech rumble 2 worked fine with it.
stjuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-08, 09:03 PM   #317
CAUTION

Quote:
Originally Posted by stjuart View Post
Let me guess, when you hit the gas its goes in reverse, i gave up on it. Logitech rumble 2 worked fine with it.

Nope I can't get it to work at all. I followed these steps: http://www.microsoft.com/nz/digitall..._computer.mspx
2X BFG GTX295's in Quad SLI
9800GT for dedicated PhysX
TOPOWER 1200 Watts Power Supply SLI Ready!
Western Digital SATA-150GB-Raptor
2X Western Digital SATA-500GB-Caviar SE in RAID 0
CM COSMOS S Custom Case
2X Gateway XHD3000 30" Widescreen HD LCD Monitor

Notebook: HP Pavilion dv9820us
CAUTION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-08, 09:09 PM   #318
stjuart

I have the wireless controller and only one of the triggers actually works. The problem is that when i set one of the triggers, it goes in revers instead. The force feedback works fine but i cant figure out how to configure the stupid thing.
stjuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-08, 09:54 PM   #319
Koko56

Quote:
Originally Posted by sMull View Post
Are you saying that an arcade game is more fun that sim by default? The best racing experiences i've had is racing GTR2 or GT Legends online.
Possibly meaning that more fun for "jumping in".
Old 12-29-08, 11:11 PM   #320
Sobbsy

Both my 2900xt's are dead at the moment, so I'm presently gaming on my old x1900 while I sort out something new. Decided to play GRID just for the sake of it since I couldn't think of anything else that might run on this card that I wanted to play...

Must say, I'm truly surprised. At 1280x1024 with 2xAA and all settings on Medium with perhaps a few here or there on High, the game runs... Perfect. Without a framerate counter I can only guess by looking that it's about 50-60fps at all times, even with 6 other cars on screen.

Just wanted to express that, it really surprised me with how well it runs on this old card. I wouldn't even consider trying DiRT on this x1900, my two 2900xt's barely kept it playable on the same settings

*edit* Checked, sits between 40-50fps ingame, which is awesome. One thing that ****s me though is that with my X-Fi, the game only works if I have it set to Entertainment Mode or Audio Creation Mode... On Game Mode, GRID just crashes. But on the other modes I don't get the ability to enable Hardware Acceleration ingame. Any known fixes? I've installed the latest version of OpenAL and shoved the DLL in the game's main dir, but that didn't help.
Gigabyte GA-X38-DQ6
Soundblaster X-Fi XtremeMusic
850w Antec TruePower Quattro
Sobbsy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-30-08, 08:47 AM   #321
sMull

Yes GRID is very well optimized, they really did their homework after DIRT.
sMull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-09, 07:16 PM   #322
Sobbsy

Well, I finally replaced my x1900xt with a shiny new 4870, maxed GRID out (after reinstalling since the game is dodgy and constantly refused to save my settings changes, not to mention it wa trying to install the patches into my ******* WINDOWS directory - Real Codies quality there), and it absolutely flies. I can't seem to make it run bad... So I'm planning to install the Ultra High mods tonight and see how that fares.

Quick question regarding race music... Or lack thereof. When I first started playing way back on my 2900xt's, the first few races had music, really good music, which made the races seem that much more intense. But after the first few, nothing. Now since I've reinstalled and started over, NONE of the races have music, and it's just boring as all hell.

Is there some way to make the damn music play during races? Because while driving around and combatting the AI is fun to a degree, the music in GRID is by far the winning component. Without it, I just don't have the, heh, 'drive' to keep playing race after race.
Gigabyte GA-X38-DQ6
Soundblaster X-Fi XtremeMusic
850w Antec TruePower Quattro
Sobbsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-09, 05:55 AM   #323
Beetleatwar1977
Grid Tuner

http://files.filefront.com/Ultra+Hig.../fileinfo.html

Ein Problem behoben: Nürburgring ging nicht online.

Im Spoiler die Aktuelle Readme.
[SPOILER]
Änderungen durch den Ultra-high Mod:

Erhöhte Darstellungsentfernungen für Schatten auf den einzelnen Strecken(noch nicht final), etwa Faktor 2

Erhöhte Detailentfernung für die Streckendarstellung: vorher 30m jetzt 1000m

Mip-mapping Einstellungen geändert, Texturen werden sollten jetzt bis zu max. Sichtweite scharf dargestellt werden.

LOD-Distanzen der Texturen erhöht (WIP) fällt leider nur bei hohen Auflösungen wirklich auf.

Anzahl der Objekte/Texturen die gleichzitig dargestellt werden können erhöht.

Auflösungsbegrenzung für kleinere Grafikkarten ausgehebelt (ab V10)

Spiegel nicht nur An-Aus sondern die Auflösung wählbar low-1024*256 medium-2048*512 high-4096*1024 ultra-8192*2048
in Verbindung mit enhanced Ultra Mod endlich ein ordentlicher Rückspiegel aber schluckt viel Leistung(ca50%)

In allen Ingame AA-Modis die Parameter angepasst. Rückspiegel wird bspws. auch geglättet.

Detailstufe Ultra-High für die Fahrzeuge: früherarstellung wie im Replay-Modus! jetzt: Wie in der Garage, mehr Details geht nicht ;-)

Groundcover/Bodenbelag jetzt direkt in der Auflösung wählbar - manche sind noch nicht unterstützt wechselt aber automatisch in den nächsten

Darstellung der Vegetation etwas aufgebohrt. In der höchsten Stufe bis 4000m sichtbar davon bis 1200m in high-Detail

Einstellungen für Schatten und Reflektionen angepasst, von 128 bis 4096 (8192 bei shadows) direkt auswählbar, bei den Reflektionen im HQ-Modus werden mehr Texturen generiert (Std 6 - HQ 15)

Schatten gehen jetzt bis 8192 - Achtung EXTREMER! VRAMbedarf

Schäden jetzt für Umgebung und Wagen getrennt aktivierbar.

Darstellungsbegrenzung für Parktikel und Emitter angehoben.

Partikeloption Ultra sind 6000, Ultra-High sind 9000 Partikel, Extreme 20000! Killer 40k ;-)

Shaderoptionen etwas "frisiert" für bessere Darstellung.

Speicheroptionen für etwas mehr Performance angepasst.

Maximale Sichtweiter der Zuschauer erhöht.

In Le Mans wechseln jetzt die Sichtverhältnisse etwas stärker.

Ingame AA-Modis überarbeitet, vor allen Dingen für die Umgebung.

Alle zugänglichen Filterparameter auf Linear/Anisotrop erhöht.

Kontrolldateien fürs PP neu aufgebaut, habe so einiges an Downsampling rausgenommen.

21:9 und 21:10 Widescreen hinzugefügt.

Die eine oder andere Kleinigkeit hab ich bestimmt vergessen, wird bei Gelegenheit noch ergänzt.

MfG BeetleatWar1977

PS:
Der Mod ist in 2 Varianten enthalten, einmal mit DOF(Depth of Field) und einmal ohne

Um die Fahrzeugdarstellung wie in der Garage zu bekommen, Enhanced UltraV2/V3 installieren und die Datei in "Cars UH" dazukopieren.

Vielen Dank an Shaddy für die Unterstützung!

Changes brought about by the ultra-high Mod:

Increased representation distances for shade on the individual tracks (not yet final), about a factor of 2

Increased detail distance for the route description: 30m now predict 1000m

Mip-mapping settings, textures should now be up to max. Visibility sharply expressed.

LOD texture distances increased (WIP) is unfortunately only for really high resolutions.

No. of objects / textures which can be represented gleichzitig increased.

Resolution limit for smaller cards ausgehebelt (from V10)

Mirrors not only on but off the low resolution selectable-1024 * 256 medium-2048 * 512 high-4096 * 1024 ultra-8192 * 2048
in conjunction with enhanced ultra-mod finally an ordinary rear view mirror but swallows a lot of power (ca50%)

In all ingame AA modes, the parameters adjusted. Rearview mirror is bspws. also smoothed.

Detail Level Ultra-High for the vehicles: the past: Representation as in replay mode! now: How in the garage, more detail does not ;-)

Ground Cover / Flooring now directly in the resolution selected - some are not yet supported but switches automatically to the next

Representation of vegetation aufgebohrt something. At the highest level up to 4000m to 1200m them visible in high-detail

Settings for shadows and reflections adjusted from 128 to 4096 (8192 in shadows) directly selectable, with the reflections in HQ mode, more textures generated (Std 6 - HQ 15)

Shadows go now until 8192 - Warning EXTREME! VRAMbedarf

Now for environmental damage and car separately activated.

Boundary representation for Parktikel and emitter respectively.

Option particles are ultra 6000, ultra-high are 9000 particles, Extreme 20000! 40k killer ;-)

Shader options have some "hair" for better representation.

Memory options for a little more adjusted performance.

Maximum visibility further increased the audience.

In Le Mans now change the visibility somewhat stronger.

Ingame AA Modis revised, especially for the environment.

All available filter parameters on linear / Anisotropic increases.

Control files for PP rebuilt, as have some downsampling rausgenommen.

21:9 and 21:10 widescreen added.

The one or the other little thing I certainly remember when the opportunity is still added.

MfG BeetleatWar1977

PS:
The mod is available in 2 versions included, one with DOF (Depth of Field) and once without

To view the presentation as the vehicle in the garage to get Enhanced UltraV2/V3 and install the file in "Cars UH" to copy.

Thank you for the support Shaddy! [/SPOILER]

Old 03-22-09, 04:09 AM   #324
Beetleatwar1977
Grid Tuner

Ultra-HighV14final: http://files.filefront.com/Ultra+Hig.../fileinfo.html

some performance optimizing, online is fully working