Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 06-04-08, 09:56 AM   #61
MaXThReAT

Default Re: Grid...

Are all the force feedback effects working in the retail version?
Evga 280 GTX 621/1349/2268
SB X-Fi FPS / Z-5500 + Buttkicker!

"Don't mind the posts, I've been around longer than most know."
MaXThReAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-08, 10:36 AM   #62
Blade
It's just a ride....

GRID Patch change list.

Network bug fixes
• When viewing in spectator mode – wheels should now turn correctly.

• Session searching now functions correctly when there are lots of full sessions (PC and PS3).

• Track and route options no longer change when host gets back to lobby in private/LAN.

• Race results are now correct if a host migration occurs at the end of the race.

• Other player’s progress/positions are now correctly updated when you enter the race results screen.

• Several NaN (brown screen) related fixes. (also this should fix the "thousand-mile-warp")

• Increased bandwith use in network games (to reduce lag)

• Fixed a problem whereby it was only possible to upload one world record ghost to each track (PC and PS3)

• Race to race lobby timer is now 15 seconds

• A timer has been added showing how long the session has been up and running is shown on the tickertape after joining a session.

• Changes to what is displayed in lobby when a player has kick votes.
o The player who has been voted for can see this fact and the number of votes they have received.
o Players who have voted to kick someone can see who they voted for but cannot see the number of votes.
o Players who have not voted do not see anything.

• Added ability to get the next page of sessions in private session results (PC and PS3)

• Banned sessions no longer appear in private session list.

• Reverse gear is now disabled for the first two seconds of a network race to stop players reversing off the start line.

• Added ability to change collision types in private and LAN sessions (not enabled in Demolition Derby).
o Forward Only (this is the normal behaviour for Ranked/Unranked)
o On (Collisions are always on)
o Off (Always off).

• Numerous anti griefing checks to turn off collisions when players are griefing.

• Fix for distance shown in distance online stat.

• A warning message is now shown the first time you enter system link.

• In non-drift races, the race results screen shows the fastest lap that each player achieved in that race.

• When a player retires or terminally damages in race, a message telling all players of this fact is sent to the chat system so displayed in the overlay in game.

• Cars become semi-transparent when collisions are turned off due to griefing.

• Improvements to prediction system to reduce effects of lag when players are close by

Game - general

• Xbox 360 achievement fix. (Drive 'em all)

• Several optimisations and performance improvements.

• It is now possible to look left and right while in bonnet camera.

• Fix for a hang when selecting a gear outside the gears available on the vehicle (this was possible with H-Shifter)

• Fix for cars very occasionally flying into the air when hitting kerbs.

• Fixes for custom action maps

• Track rendering optimisations.

• Brown screen problem no longer awards achievements or causes glowing white cars.

• Fix for airborne achievement – now awarded even if car flips upside down during jump

• Fixed frame rate stalls and stuttering on Xbox 360.

PC Specific Changes
• Added support for Xinput wheel and Logitech Rumblepad 2, including default action map configurations.

• Adding ability to use H-pattern shifter in custom configuration by allowing configuration of gears 1 to 6 and reverse. Same for boost.

Fix for missing Force feedback on Vista.

• Given user the ability to configure use of a pad or wheel through the hardware config xml file, this means that if the game fails to auto-detect the device type, they can specify it themselves.

• Changing microcode optimisation level for NVIDIA 7xxx series graphics cards to reduce a pause when using each shader for the first time.

• Adding support for triple head displays.

• Graphical corruption fix when using multiple GPU’s.

• Network chat text made less obtrusive.

• Numerous on-going compatibility fixes.
Old 06-04-08, 10:59 AM   #63
jeffmd
Has a vegetation fetish

saddly nothing in there about being able to navigate the menus via the gamepad. ;p
Old 06-04-08, 11:51 AM   #64
LordJuanlo
Widescreen rules

If it's Games for Windows certified and supports the 360 gamepad, you should be able to navigate menus with the gamepad
ATI 5870 (Graphics) + GeForce 9600GT (PhysX) on Samsung SM244T 1920x1200
LG GGW-H20L BluRay & HD-DVD / Logitech Z-5500 5.1 DTS / Westone 3 Earphones
Asus Xonar D2 / 360 Elite Wireless Controller / Gigabyte Odin GT 800W
Windows 7 x64
(also a 360 and a PSP )
LordJuanlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-08, 12:04 PM   #65
Revs

Using 360 wireless pad here with no problems at all.
Revs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-08, 11:23 PM   #66
jeffmd
Has a vegetation fetish

odd..even though I have my controls mapped to my gamepad for races... the gamepad is totaly non responsive outside of it.
Old 06-05-08, 11:26 AM   #67
nekrosoft13
I'm Geralt

what gamepad do you have? i think the 360 gamepad is the only one that will work in menus. And you don't have to map it to anything, just turn it on, its all set up already.
Old 06-05-08, 06:28 PM   #68
jeffmd
Has a vegetation fetish

its just a MS digital gamepad for pc. 10 configurable buttons + pad.

Old 06-06-08, 01:49 AM   #69
mcolbourn
Time waits for no man!

I have a Logitech Chillstream and it works in the meus etc fine
Old 06-06-08, 07:44 AM   #70
nekrosoft13
I'm Geralt

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcolbourn View Post
I have a Logitech Chillstream and it works in the meus etc fine
because chillstream is basically samething as 360 controller minus the rumble. it uses the same system
Old 06-06-08, 12:06 PM   #71
Bman212121

Sounds like this game might be right up my alley. I never did get a change to play the demo but it looks pretty good and should play well with my Logitech DFP. Makes me feel even better that Slawter doesn't think it's realistic enough cause I like games more in the middle of sim / arcade.
Bman212121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-08, 03:56 PM   #72
jeffmd
Has a vegetation fetish

I rescind my comment about grid being a sim, but imo for an arcade racer.. its pretty unforgiving. To me, NFS underground (and up) is as arcade as it gets. great controls but most def not a "sim". Also handicaps and catchups are pretty obvious. In grid, its particularly easy to over steer, under steer, hit a turn to fast, and as much as the npc cars do amazing job avoiding themselves (I've watched the AI car runs with the bonus code, its just like nascar how they turn 2 wide into those tight turns without touching eachother) youll find yourself crashing into them pretty easily when they suddenly break infront of you. And when you do crash, a good one will usualy put the car into an unusable state. Also there really is no such handicap that slows the leaders down if they get to far away. If the computer causes a pileup (or you do) and the front runners get 20 seconds ahead of you, consider the race lost. Theres no reset switch. You get a limited number of chances to rewind, but its not the same, especially in multi play when that feature is disabled.

These features all make it realistic more then arcade, thats why I labeled it as a sim.