Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > MMORPGs

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 08-25-08, 06:18 PM   #121
Dvahlish

Default Re: Warhammer - Age of Reconing - WAR is coming!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjaman09 View Post
Yes, the WoW forums should be treated as a source of entertainment only.
LOL
Agreed!!
I play wow myself (although..getting less and less interested day...by day...) and I cant even stand the forums!
I find them to be elitest that will not even ackowledge the concept that there are other games rather than wow out there...and some will most def be better!!!!
Im even finding that in my wow guild ingame....when my bf and I announced that we would more than likely be ditching wow for WAR we got flamed!!!! They didnt even want to hear that WAR existed and certainly wouldnt admit that it might be a half decent game.

Im excited about WAR, I have even got a thousand sun army painted at home :yes yes...i am a geek girl!!!) My bf has been playing warhammer for over 10 years!
Hell yes its going to be a great game and wow can kiss my arse Hehehehe
Old 08-25-08, 06:27 PM   #122
Dvahlish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Prime View Post
This is all probably true. However, it still looks like ass, because their art team seems to have the skill of a retard with a watercolor paint set from walmart.

WoW has low poly models, low res textures, and a DX7 renderer, yet their awesome art design team manages to make stuff look pretty good when working with such crap.

I mean come on, its 2008, you can't make a game look better than 2004 with computers that have 10x the average power and RAM? Fail.
Nope...I just dont agree, I think it looks fine and once the game reaches release I think its going to look even better.
I actually think its vice versa....to me wow's grahpics look outdated and baby like to me. I think it first became apparent to me after playing the game Lineage II...now htere are some awesome grapics!

Wow is a great game...but I think they fail in thier grapic detail on so many levels...compared to other games the armour is just plain dull.
Old 08-25-08, 07:26 PM   #123
lIqUID
whip yo ass!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Prime View Post
This is all probably true. However, it still looks like ass, because their art team seems to have the skill of a retard with a watercolor paint set from walmart.

WoW has low poly models, low res textures, and a DX7 renderer, yet their awesome art design team manages to make stuff look pretty good when working with such crap.

I mean come on, its 2008, you can't make a game look better than 2004 with computers that have 10x the average power and RAM? Fail.
Please show us screens of your advanced RETAIL copy of Warhammer. I would love to see how it compares to my beta ones.

i7 930@3.8ghz on Noctua NH-U12P
Evga x58 LE
MSI GTX 480 formerly known as HIS HD5870
128 gig Crucial m4/80 gig Intel X25-M ssd/500 gb WD
750 watt Corsair TX
Coolermaster HAF-X

if my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour you're gonna to see some serious sh!t.
lIqUID is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-08, 07:38 PM   #124
arioch21
Vengeful Blades

I think people are beating a dead horse when talking about WoW graphics, it was good when it launched imo, as an artist I quite enjoyed the look of it compared to the dullness of eq2 all brown and plastic look, not to mention horrible performance on high end systems. You have to keep in mind that blizz had a goal when they created WoW and that was to reach as many people as possible, as many computers specs as possible and that meant not going way ahead with the graphics and it payed off for them, people didnt have to do any upgrading to play WoW and they were able to grab some of the casual and people new to the MMO generation.
Old 08-25-08, 08:01 PM   #125
gravioli

I was really surprised how poor the performance was in the beta. On my rig, AOC runs smoother and looks much better, than the WAR beta. WAR's graphics aren't bad but they definitely don't look great. IMO, they are very similar to WOW and only the spell effects seemed on par with AOC's.
Old 08-25-08, 08:58 PM   #126
Dvahlish

Quote:
Originally Posted by gravioli View Post
I was really surprised how poor the performance was in the beta. On my rig, AOC runs smoother and looks much better, than the WAR beta. WAR's graphics aren't bad but they definitely don't look great. IMO, they are very similar to WOW and only the spell effects seemed on par with AOC's.
I think the improved with open beta and will improve again with public release.
I think people seem to be forgetting that this isnt the finished product yet and are only going to get better.
I cant wait to see how they look in release since I am already impressed.
Old 08-26-08, 01:34 PM   #127
CaptnStubing

Quote:
Originally Posted by gravioli View Post
I hadn't any problems with performance. I did notice it was a little sluggish when I would first log into the world but it was pretty smooth after that, considering it is a beta. I did have the CTDs that every had but on 4 of them through out the weekend. Right now my main concern is and game content.
CaptnStubing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-08, 01:54 PM   #128
Ninja Prime

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptnStubing View Post
New screen shot of the next beta client. Finally high rez textures.

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f2...g?t=1219705760
Holy crap! Ok I was wrong, WH has awesome graphics now!
Ninja Prime is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-26-08, 01:57 PM   #129
Ninja Prime

Quote:
Originally Posted by arioch21 View Post
I think people are beating a dead horse when talking about WoW graphics, it was good when it launched imo, as an artist I quite enjoyed the look of it compared to the dullness of eq2 all brown and plastic look, not to mention horrible performance on high end systems. You have to keep in mind that blizz had a goal when they created WoW and that was to reach as many people as possible, as many computers specs as possible and that meant not going way ahead with the graphics and it payed off for them, people didnt have to do any upgrading to play WoW and they were able to grab some of the casual and people new to the MMO generation.
Please note, I didn't compare WAR to WoWs graphics, somehow the defensive squad assumed that once I said WARs graphics were bad.
Ninja Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-08, 12:59 AM   #130
jeffmd
Has a vegetation fetish

WoWs graphics are descent and likeable... even now. This is rather further emphasized when other, newer games are still cranking out enemies that look like crap or very uninspired.

Could they be better? Should they be better? Oh hells yes. The only thing I can say thats good about the current style of graphics is it runs on my laptop. However I would so love for it to beable to take advantage of my beast of a machine.

I'm leaving all opinions of war up to when ever it comes out and I can play it. Theres so much I would need to see and try that nothing less would be appropiate.
Old 08-28-08, 01:05 AM   #131
Dvahlish

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffmd View Post
WoWs graphics are descent and likeable... even now. This is rather further emphasized when other, newer games are still cranking out enemies that look like crap or very uninspired.

Could they be better? Should they be better? Oh hells yes. The only thing I can say thats good about the current style of graphics is it runs on my laptop. However I would so love for it to beable to take advantage of my beast of a machine.

I'm leaving all opinions of war up to when ever it comes out and I can play it. Theres so much I would need to see and try that nothing less would be appropiate.
Official release for WAR is Sept 18th
Old 08-28-08, 01:09 AM   #132
jeffmd
Has a vegetation fetish

Thanks for the info.. do you know if they plan to have a free trial download right off the bat?