Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > MMORPGs

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 08-28-08, 01:28 AM   #133
Dvahlish

Default Re: Warhammer - Age of Reconing - WAR is coming!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffmd View Post
Thanks for the info.. do you know if they plan to have a free trial download right off the bat?
I would have thought so...most paid MMO's do, but I havent read anything about that yet.
Old 08-28-08, 06:46 AM   #134
lIqUID
whip yo ass!

They will probably wait awhile on the free trial thing and give people a chance to get out of low tiers, and get settled in.

Testers are supposed to get 2 more patches before open beta. A few of us believe we will get one of them today. I'm thinking its the patch for animations as well as bug fixes for the broken pathing and such.

i7 930@3.8ghz on Noctua NH-U12P
Evga x58 LE
MSI GTX 480 formerly known as HIS HD5870
128 gig Crucial m4/80 gig Intel X25-M ssd/500 gb WD
750 watt Corsair TX
Coolermaster HAF-X

if my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour you're gonna to see some serious sh!t.
lIqUID is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-08, 12:36 PM   #135
CaptnStubing

I was in the beta weekend this last weekend. Does anyone know if that is all I will be in or will they have one this week end as well? My account says I am in the closed beta. Does that mean all closed beta testers have the servers down right now and they are only up on the weekends?
CaptnStubing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-08, 02:25 PM   #136
Badboy_12345

http://www.war-europe.com/#/edition/?lang=en

looks like Mythic likes to lick EA's ass
Only those who preorder from EA will get access to open beta in Europe
Badboy_12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-08, 03:27 PM   #137
lIqUID
whip yo ass!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptnStubing View Post
I was in the beta weekend this last weekend. Does anyone know if that is all I will be in or will they have one this week end as well? My account says I am in the closed beta. Does that mean all closed beta testers have the servers down right now and they are only up on the weekends?

You will have access to "Open Beta" on September 7th. The open beta isn't a traditional open beta where anyone can get in. It is for preorders/closed beta testers only.

The tester servers are currently down while they get 3.4 ready. I'm hoping by tonight I'll get to see the new eye candy and animations.

Evga x58 LE
750 watt Corsair TX
Coolermaster HAF-X

if my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour you're gonna to see some serious sh!t.
Old 08-28-08, 05:20 PM   #138
CaptnStubing

Quote:
Originally Posted by lIqUID View Post
You will have access to "Open Beta" on September 7th. The open beta isn't a traditional open beta where anyone can get in. It is for preorders/closed beta testers only.

The tester servers are currently down while they get 3.4 ready. I'm hoping by tonight I'll get to see the new eye candy and animations.
Ok so all of us closed beta testers have to wait. Cool. That means I will be on when you are. I also got a beta invite from fileplanet. That means two for me. That one is on the 7th as you said.
Old 08-28-08, 11:38 PM   #139
Dvahlish

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptnStubing View Post
Ok so all of us closed beta testers have to wait. Cool. That means I will be on when you are. I also got a beta invite from fileplanet. That means two for me. That one is on the 7th as you said.
And I rushed to d/load the open beta program so I could get in and start playing...only to find out I cant until next weekend...hehe
We got ours from pre ordering the game.
Cannot wait
Old 08-28-08, 11:57 PM   #140
killahsin

Quote:
I thought GCD was set at 2 seconds or is that what you mean when you say ability reloads? I think that's why alot of WOW guys are bitching about the combat, which is silly.
the gcr is 1.4
2 x msi 9600 gt oc's @ 760x1950.
4 gigs ram.
R.I.P. Ritual
killahsin is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-29-08, 07:07 AM   #141
lIqUID
whip yo ass!

Quote:
Originally Posted by killahsin View Post
the gcr is 1.4
yeah, I think the devs mentioned it was a display bug in the UI, and something that will be corrected in the next beta patch. The testers server was down all day yesterday, and man I hope they get that thing back up today so I can play some during the 3 day weekend. I'm really anxious to see the changes/fixes they've done this time around.

Evga x58 LE
750 watt Corsair TX
Coolermaster HAF-X

Old 08-29-08, 09:56 AM   #142
CaptnStubing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dvahlish View Post
And I rushed to d/load the open beta program so I could get in and start playing...only to find out I cant until next weekend...hehe
We got ours from pre ordering the game.
Cannot wait
I actually have that one also.

When I first tried this game last Friday I wasn't impressed. It wasn't that the game was bad. I just thought it was boring and the beta bugs were kind of annoying. By the end of the weekend I started to look forward to playing the game again. I really like the PVP and the public quests were friking brilliant. Even when I didn't get the top 3 it was fun juts getting the competition.

Quote:
yeah, I think the devs mentioned it was a display bug in the UI, and something that will be corrected in the next beta patch. The testers server was down all day yesterday, and man I hope they get that thing back up today so I can play some during the 3 day weekend. I'm really anxious to see the changes/fixes they've done this time around.
That is what was annoying the most. The sloppy buttons and the gcd display bug. I figured out you could pre-load certain spells but it was very buggy. This can be fixed easily and they said they were addressing it.
Old 08-29-08, 06:02 PM   #143
CaptnStubing

Will the closed beta servers be open this weekend?
Old 08-29-08, 09:34 PM   #144
lIqUID
whip yo ass!

no.

and it looks like Warpstone and Deathsword will be down all weekend as well, so no WAR for 3 days for anybody it appears : /

Evga x58 LE
750 watt Corsair TX
Coolermaster HAF-X