Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > MMORPGs

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 09-04-08, 10:26 PM   #157
Tyr-Sog
goS-ryT

Default Re: Warhammer - Age of Reconing - WAR is coming!

more i see of this game the more im just like blah..

for some reason, i dunno why
Old 09-04-08, 10:28 PM   #158
Ghosthunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dvahlish View Post
Go to warhammeronline.com/preorder (at least this is what I had to do) and put in the codes etc....
It will then tell you to go d/load from file planet...then you need to d/load a 9.34GB file
Have fun!
thanks i will download overnight!
G.Skill 16 GB Ram DDR3-1600
EVGA GTX 680 SC
Crucial M4 128 GB SSD
2x Samsung 1 TB Spinpoint 7200 RPM SATA HD103SJ
WD SE16 7200 RPM SATA 640 GB
SAMSUNG 22X SATA DVD Burner
CORSAIR 750TX PSU
LIAN LI Lancool PC-K7B
Asus 25 inch VE258Q
Win7x64
Ghosthunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-08, 11:11 PM   #159
CaptnStubing

Quote:
Originally Posted by lIqUID View Post
servers will be up tomorrow and Saturday for you guys that played the first Preview Weekend. Its called Preview Weekend+ and its sort of a pre open beta thing.

Oh and I think they did fix pet/NPC pathing a day or so ago, but I haven't played nay pet classes lately.
Thanks for the info. I was wondering if it would be open since it started downloading a big patch.

So far the patch has done nothing but crash. Brilliant!
CaptnStubing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-08, 07:01 AM   #160
CybrSage

I am having no problems updating my standard client. There is also an update for the elder servers client as well.

The bug fix is HUGE. It does say pets should now follow their masters without any problems. The same area said monster pathing is much better, and I have verified that one.

One huge new addition is player tutorial tips. They can be turned off, but I have been testing them and leaving them on. When you encounter something new, or do something for the first time, a question mark appears above your bottom toolbar. If you click it, it explains whatever that new thing is. When you first talk to your career trainer, one appears and explains what it is, what to do, etc. No guessing and no manual needed. VERY nice, especially for people who have never played a MMO before.

Also, players now automatically rotate to face their selected target. I like that.
Old 09-05-08, 09:45 AM   #161
CaptnStubing

The game downloaded a new patch this morning and the client didn't crash. I played it a bit before I went to work. I saw some good things.

I still think the disk that the necro guy is on is stupid. I would play that class if they get rid of the damn garbage can lid he surfs on.
Old 09-05-08, 11:34 AM   #162
Badboy_12345

Lots of EU beta keys (50,000) here http://www.fileplay.net/ if anyone hasnt got one already
Badboy_12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-08, 07:01 PM   #163
Landon

US Open Beta keys here: http://www.mmorpg.com/betas/war_beta.cfm
Get them while you can.
Landon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-08, 07:32 PM   #164
CaptnStubing

can't play. The client keeps creashing.

Old 09-05-08, 11:32 PM   #165
Sgt_Pitt

delete the contents of the cache folder in the game dir ?
Old 09-06-08, 02:52 AM   #166
gravioli

I have the CE on preorder, but the more I play the preview weekend the more I dislike it. First off, the initial character creation is very limited. They really need to increase the number of customization options. Hair style seems to be the only option that really affects your appearance. Additionally, the visual presentation is nothing I would expect from a game coming out in 2008. Textures appear blurry even with the high quality settings. I'm also not a big fan of the PC and NPC animations.

I will likely give it a chance and play the first month, but it definitely has not got me excited like WoW and AOC did when they were first released.
Old 09-06-08, 07:08 AM   #167
lIqUID
whip yo ass!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptnStubing View Post
can't play. The client keeps creashing.
have you tried running the full file scan on the patcher yet? I'm swapping time between the test client and open beta client and I haven't crashed at all.

i7 930@3.8ghz on Noctua NH-U12P
Evga x58 LE
MSI GTX 480 formerly known as HIS HD5870
128 gig Crucial m4/80 gig Intel X25-M ssd/500 gb WD
750 watt Corsair TX
Coolermaster HAF-X

if my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour you're gonna to see some serious sh!t.
lIqUID is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-08, 08:07 AM   #168
jeffmd
Has a vegetation fetish

I took alook at some of the rescent footage and stuff of warhammer. I was abit surprised at how pre-technology it was..I thought it was going to be cyberpunk without the grittyness.

Anyways, I can't say I was to impressed. There is alot that looks to have been copied from wow and not a whole lot that it brings new to the table. Spell effects are nothing special, straight and to the point. Melee can be a little buggy but otherwise looks no different then every other rpg out there. Engine capabilities were... ancient. I didn't see anything that wasn't done on wow and guild wars 4 years ago, infact castles and dungions seemed to be devoid of custom "flair", that is one room looked the same as the next. Blizzard atleast mastered this long ago by peppering static meshs around, and even guild wars got pretty good at it. It almost looks like what everquest would look like on a descent 3d engine.

Frankly I didn't see a damn thing that could draw me to this game that the others don't already do.