Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > MMORPGs

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 09-07-08, 11:12 PM   #181
Dvahlish

Default Re: Warhammer - Age of Reconing - WAR is coming!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unstable_Hero View Post
damnit I missed all the free keys lol I really wanted to try this.
Its released on the 18th so its not long to wait anyway now.
Its def a good game..at the moment there are just hunbdreds of beta players running about and its hectic...but once it settles down I can see its going to kick arse

So far I have played witch elf, Disciple of Khaine,magus and squig herder.
All are very cool....I actually think Im going to love the squig herder alot...so ugly and so cute
Old 09-08-08, 07:50 AM   #182
Tr1cK
not coming back

I am SO on the fence about this game since being burned by AoC recently. Part of me is saying to save my money and the other part is saying get it and roll an Orc Tank!
Tr1cK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-08, 11:24 AM   #183
CaptnStubing

The Order side is utter crap. I hate that because every server will be unbalanced towards Destruction.
CaptnStubing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-08, 06:52 PM   #184
Dvahlish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tr1cK View Post
I am SO on the fence about this game since being burned by AoC recently. Part of me is saying to save my money and the other part is saying get it and roll an Orc Tank!
Yeh understandable but beleive me this game is nothing like AOC at all.
I have my witch elf to level 7 now and I just cant get enough of the game....
I love the fact that you have PQ's (public quests) they are great...you run in and join a group of players .....the quests normally have 3 sages which involve as a group killing so many this etc.....and then the third stage is normally a boss like creature which you take down. Then the game does a roll and the top 10 players in the PQ get to choose a reward.
Its great
I have only paarticipated in one scenario (which is similar to a wow BG) and that was alot of fun..and you get XP in scenarios to

It really is a great game.

The only thing I havent been able to work out yet is the crafting....I learnt the talisman making skill (like enchanting) but I have no idea how to use it yet
Old 09-08-08, 06:57 PM   #185
Tr1cK
not coming back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dvahlish View Post
Yeh understandable but beleive me this game is nothing like AOC at all.
I have my witch elf to level 7 now and I just cant get enough of the game....
I love the fact that you have PQ's (public quests) they are great...you run in and join a group of players .....the quests normally have 3 sages which involve as a group killing so many this etc.....and then the third stage is normally a boss like creature which you take down. Then the game does a roll and the top 10 players in the PQ get to choose a reward.
Its great
I have only paarticipated in one scenario (which is similar to a wow BG) and that was alot of fun..and you get XP in scenarios to

It really is a great game.

The only thing I havent been able to work out yet is the crafting....I learnt the talisman making skill (like enchanting) but I have no idea how to use it yet
BAHHH WHY MUST I HEAR SO MANY GOOD THINGS?!?

Is it true that quest drops are like 100%?
Tr1cK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-08, 07:43 PM   #186
CaptnStubing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tr1cK View Post
BAHHH WHY MUST I HEAR SO MANY GOOD THINGS?!?

Is it true that quest drops are like 100%?
Dev tells the truth. This game is not like AoC at all.

You get a item from most quests. The best thing is you get renown rewards for doing public quests and you can get good gear for PVP from them.
CaptnStubing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-08, 07:49 PM   #187
Dvahlish

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptnStubing View Post
Dev tells the truth. This game is not like AoC at all.

You get a item from most quests. The best thing is you get renown rewards for doing public quests and you can get good gear for PVP from them.
Yeh...its taken me awhile to work out the whole honour system but there is so much to take in...Im getting there slowly.
I went up in rank to Raider last night....hehe, Im pretty sure it was after I did my first scenario, so Id say it has something to do with that.

I like it that you can pick up broken gear, and have it repaired into some very useful gear.

The one thing I havent worked out yet is professions. I learnt the talisman profession, but I have no idea yet how to use it to craft.
Old 09-08-08, 09:25 PM   #188
lIqUID
whip yo ass!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptnStubing View Post
The Order side is utter crap. I hate that because every server will be unbalanced towards Destruction.
dude on Abhorash server destruction has been getting their asses reemed in t1 scenarios. I got outhealed on my level 10 zealot(good gear) by a freaking level 2 runepriest, and I know what I'm doing. Every game I was in we got straight up raped, so I got pissed and I'll wait until headstart to play again.

quantity by no means equals quality.

i7 930@3.8ghz on Noctua NH-U12P
Evga x58 LE
MSI GTX 480 formerly known as HIS HD5870
128 gig Crucial m4/80 gig Intel X25-M ssd/500 gb WD
750 watt Corsair TX
Coolermaster HAF-X

if my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour you're gonna to see some serious sh!t.
lIqUID is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-08-08, 09:37 PM   #189
Dvahlish

Quote:
Originally Posted by lIqUID View Post
dude on Abhorash server destruction has been getting their asses reemed in t1 scenarios. I got outhealed on my level 10 zealot(good gear) by a freaking level 2 runepriest, and I know what I'm doing. Every game I was in we got straight up raped, so I got pissed and I'll wait until headstart to play again.

quantity by no means equals quality.
Yeh..last night I did 3 scenarios and each time we got it handed to us by the order.
I got the impression there were more experienced players on the order side than our side in these scenarios.....most of us semeed to just be running about wondering what the hell to do

Im sure that will change.
Old 09-09-08, 01:49 AM   #190
ATOJAR
Bish Bash Bosh

Send a message via MSN to ATOJAR

Well having only ever played two MMORPG in my life(WoW's 30 day trial & AoC) ..... ill give this a blast, tried WoW but it was just two out dated for me, to cartoony, cheesy and i didn't really wanna get into a MMORPG thats as old as WoW, i stuck with AoC, i liked the fact that's it dark, dirty with nice GFX and although most of you hated AoC i liked it, anyway back to WAR! .... im downloading the open beta, ill give this a whirl to see how i like it compared to AoC!(although i did say i wasn't even gonna try WAR lol)
Intel i7 920 D0@4GHz(Corsair Hydro H80i) - ASUS P6T iX58 - 16GB Corsair DDR3 XMS3 1600MHz - Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Gamer - Corsair 120GB Force LS SSD(Win7/apps) - Seagate Barracuda SATA II 500GB(storage/games) - LG W2452T 24" LCD 1920x1200 Monitor - MSI GTX 760 2GB - Windows 7 Ultimate X64 - Corsair 750W TX PSU - Cooler Master HAF X Case - Logitech G500 Mouse - Logitech G15 v2 Keyboard.
ATOJAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-08, 02:05 AM   #191
Dvahlish

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATOJAR View Post
Well having only ever played two MMORPG in my life(WoW's 30 day trial & AoC) ..... ill give this a blast, tried WoW but it was just two out dated for me, to cartoony, cheesy and i didn't really wanna get into a MMORPG thats as old as WoW, i stuck with AoC, i liked the fact that's it dark, dirty with nice GFX and although most of you hated AoC i liked it, anyway back to WAR! .... im downloading the open beta, ill give this a whirl to see how i like it compared to AoC!(although i did say i wasn't even gonna try WAR lol)
Its funny...I have loved wow over the years but last night I went back to playing wow because the WAR servers were down for maintenence and my exact thoughts were that wow looked all cheesey and cartoon like in comparison to WAR.

The graphics are def dark and I cant speak for the order, because I am playing destruction, but the bad guys look...bad evil and nasty...and I love it!
The witch elf I am playing has tattoo's all over her body and gashes down her face...she wears barely any amour and just looks bad ass....but nowhere as bad ass as the orcs and the chosens that I have seen.

Yeh..if ya like your games gritty dark and nasty...youll love this
Old 09-09-08, 07:42 AM   #192
Ninjaman09
Takin 'er easy

Forgot I had an open beta invite...LOL...patching now. Can't play till I get home from work though.
CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX
Dell U2410
Ninjaman09 is offline   Reply With Quote