Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > MMORPGs

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 09-09-08, 08:38 AM   #193
CaptnStubing

Default Re: Warhammer - Age of Reconing - WAR is coming!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lIqUID View Post
dude on Abhorash server destruction has been getting their asses reemed in t1 scenarios. I got outhealed on my level 10 zealot(good gear) by a freaking level 2 runepriest, and I know what I'm doing. Every game I was in we got straight up raped, so I got pissed and I'll wait until headstart to play again.

quantity by no means equals quality.
I've been on 6 different servers and only one was balanced. The rest the destruction side crushes order. As I said earlier it is 1-10. Things should balance out in the higher tiers.
CaptnStubing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-08, 09:05 PM   #194
Ninjaman09
Takin 'er easy

Played for a couple hours. Runs great and looks OK, I don't really think it's that much better than WoW but for some shaders. I must have missed some setting where I could increase the texture detail distance or enable anisotropic filtering because I'm seeing some hardcore bilinear filtering and blurry mip maps (haven't tried forcing it in the control panel). Public Quests are very cool but seem like they could get repetitive. Looks like the meat of this game is in the PvP as advertised but the PvE sections are very well designed and fun. I think a lot of the negative buzz about this game is unfounded. I won't buy it (for now) because I accept that I'm forever a WoW junkie, but I really hope this game does well.
CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX
Dell U2410
Ninjaman09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-08, 12:05 AM   #195
CaptnStubing

After playing this for two weekends, I will not be buying this game. It isn't a bad game. It just isn't holding my attention. It was fun to play as BETA but I'll pass on this game.
CaptnStubing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-08, 02:52 AM   #196
Badboy_12345

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATOJAR View Post
(although i did say i wasn't even gonna try WAR lol)
I said that also about 1 year ago

That I would never touch it and it was a WoW clone.

When playing the final game now.. I couldnt have been more wrong

EDIT: Anyone know how to force AF in War?
I have set it in the nvidia panel for war.exe but it doesnt work...
Badboy_12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-08, 06:19 AM   #197
Tr1cK
not coming back

They are saying they will up the graphics sometime soon.
Tr1cK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-08, 08:33 AM   #198
Ghosthunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tr1cK View Post
They also said in AoC they would release Directx10 and never did as well, if they dont up the graphics by release i would not expect them to up it anytime soon
G.Skill 16 GB Ram DDR3-1600
EVGA GTX 680 SC
Crucial M4 128 GB SSD
2x Samsung 1 TB Spinpoint 7200 RPM SATA HD103SJ
WD SE16 7200 RPM SATA 640 GB
SAMSUNG 22X SATA DVD Burner
CORSAIR 750TX PSU
LIAN LI Lancool PC-K7B
Asus 25 inch VE258Q
Win7x64
Ghosthunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-08, 09:02 AM   #199
Tr1cK
not coming back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghosthunter View Post
They also said in AoC they would release Directx10 and never did as well, if they dont up the graphics by release i would not expect them to up it anytime soon
This isn't Funcom and the game is already much more than the rubbish that AoC is.
Tr1cK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-08, 10:39 AM   #200
Ghosthunter

Quote:
This isn't Funcom and the game is already much more than the rubbish that AoC is.
Time will tell, I still do not understand why they will not even have official forums, to communicate with their playerbase

to let them know what is going on, it like I feel like I am in the dark half of the times

in EQ2, devs are very forthright in communication and can get so much information, here there is no where to go
G.Skill 16 GB Ram DDR3-1600
EVGA GTX 680 SC
Crucial M4 128 GB SSD
2x Samsung 1 TB Spinpoint 7200 RPM SATA HD103SJ
WD SE16 7200 RPM SATA 640 GB
SAMSUNG 22X SATA DVD Burner
CORSAIR 750TX PSU
LIAN LI Lancool PC-K7B
Asus 25 inch VE258Q
Win7x64
Ghosthunter is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-10-08, 11:03 AM   #201
jolle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghosthunter View Post
Time will tell, I still do not understand why they will not even have official forums, to communicate with their playerbase
The Closed beta forums are still up, I guess they didnt open that one up to Open beta users then?
They´ve been paying close attention to those forums during closed beta, and the feedback from in-game.
Binding mouse buttons for example, showed up in the next patch based on player requests, dunno if AoC have gotten around to implement that yet, wasnt there when I quit.

Dunno why there arent any forums yet, could be part of the general ****uptivity of GOA that I keep hearing about, or maybe they´re just relying on feedback from the in-game feedback function.
Old 09-10-08, 11:16 AM   #202
Xav
Professional NV Lurker

Quote:
We've got some great plans for improved graphics options as we continue through launch. Our number one priority is player performance. It's important in an RvR game for performance to be smooth and allow the game to be accessible to as many people as possible. In order to achieve our goals, we had to ensure a certain level of compatibility between devices. With all of the combinations and options available, we wanted to keep things simple and accessible to everyone.

With that in mind, we have a fix that may improve the ability of higher end machines to load textures, and we will continue to smooth out the process of the way textures load on your screen. In addition to this, we are exploring other options to add which will further enhance the graphics for mid to high range computers. For now, many users are able to turn on features such as anti-aliasing and anisotropic filtering using their cards drivers.

This is just a sample of what's to come. We thank all of you for your enthusiastic participation in the Open Beta so far! We'll continue to monitor in-game and across all of our dedicated community forums for your feedback, and make your experience even better. Keep up the great work, have fun and prepare for WAR!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So we should see some enhancements in the next week or two based on what we've seen so far. Mythic is pouring it on fast and furious now.

System II: C2D E8400 || Gigabyte GA-EP35 || 2GB Gskill DDR2 1066 || XFX GTX 260 Black Edition || Audigy 2 || Corsair TX650 || Klipsch PM 2.1 || Gateway 2185W LCD

Consoles: 360/PS3
Xav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-08, 11:21 AM   #203
Xav
Professional NV Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by lIqUID View Post
dude on Abhorash server destruction has been getting their asses reemed in t1 scenarios. I got outhealed on my level 10 zealot(good gear) by a freaking level 2 runepriest, and I know what I'm doing. Every game I was in we got straight up raped, so I got pissed and I'll wait until headstart to play again.

quantity by no means equals quality.
Yeah...Order can definately put the hurt on. I find I have more of a lean towards Order class wise. I'm not totally swayed by the spikes and half nekid pixels I guess

When playin my SH or magus I see Order taking Destro to school on a nightly basis. It's definately not one sided.

I've chalked it up to quality over quantity and the good players wanting to play as the underdog. Kinda like Horde vs. Alliance during the early years of WoW. Horde took it to em even though they were outnumbered heavily.

System II: C2D E8400 || Gigabyte GA-EP35 || 2GB Gskill DDR2 1066 || XFX GTX 260 Black Edition || Audigy 2 || Corsair TX650 || Klipsch PM 2.1 || Gateway 2185W LCD

Consoles: 360/PS3
Xav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-08, 01:13 PM   #204
jolle

Sounds like they´re gonna allow less aggressive texture LODing, highest texture level fades out pretty close to the player if memory serves.
I suggested stuff like screenspace ambient occlusion, hope they add that.
doesnt require any additional content and should be relatively easy to implement providing the performance is there.
I think some color grading in post could add a bit aswell, DOF couldnt hurt IMO, if you´re into that sort of thing.
Generally post effects that can be toggled in options, not content dependant and relatively easy to implement.