Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > MMORPGs

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 09-10-08, 11:33 PM   #205
Dvahlish

Default Re: Warhammer - Age of Reconing - WAR is coming!

Im not sure if anyone is having the same problem as me, but I am finding that in some parts of the dark elves area, especially at night, the colour scheme can get very dark, and therefore difficuly to see.
There isnt an option to change gamma in the settings and I dont have this problem with any other games, so I dont think its just me.

Other than that..the graphics are pretty sweet so far.
Old 09-11-08, 03:03 AM   #206
jeffmd
Has a vegetation fetish

Dva, consider yourself lucky? I actually hate how WoW has no darkness, even at night its practicly daylight, all in the name of "We don't want to penalise those players whos play times are only at night".

That said.. my first and main character in everquest was an erudite (cleric). I had actually no previouse knowledge of everquest or its beta, nore did I know there was such thing as night vision. Let me tell you, on my first trip from qeynos to misty, nothing quite prepares you for traversing the karanas and the gorge in almost total darkness (We had a light source we cold carry, but the lighting engine was so farked that it rarly worked and many times I was running in total blackness). I dont think I hit 50 before kunark hit cause I remember not once but several times trying to make the boat trip in total darkness. it is quite a nightmare jumping from the rafts to the boat when you can't see either. I eventualy became a collecter of night vision items, from the night elf mask to the sleepers necklace to the evil erudite quest helm (I had to piss off my local city a little to get that little gem).
Old 09-11-08, 09:26 AM   #207
CaptnStubing

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffmd View Post
Dva, consider yourself lucky? I actually hate how WoW has no darkness, even at night its practicly daylight, all in the name of "We don't want to penalise those players whos play times are only at night".

That said.. my first and main character in everquest was an erudite (cleric). I had actually no previouse knowledge of everquest or its beta, nore did I know there was such thing as night vision. Let me tell you, on my first trip from qeynos to misty, nothing quite prepares you for traversing the karanas and the gorge in almost total darkness (We had a light source we cold carry, but the lighting engine was so farked that it rarly worked and many times I was running in total blackness). I dont think I hit 50 before kunark hit cause I remember not once but several times trying to make the boat trip in total darkness. it is quite a nightmare jumping from the rafts to the boat when you can't see either. I eventualy became a collecter of night vision items, from the night elf mask to the sleepers necklace to the evil erudite quest helm (I had to piss off my local city a little to get that little gem).
It's a game. It isn't supposed to be real. To my recollection, I have NEVER looted a body on my way to work. If you can't see in your game then it is a crap game. I used to play a game called Zork in the mid 80s. It was a text based game. Why not just play that if you like the challenge of not seeing while playing.

I found the best way to get around the things I didn't like about Warhammer, I stopped playing it.
CaptnStubing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-08, 10:26 AM   #208
jeffmd
Has a vegetation fetish

Maybe your fantasy worlds are filled with sunlight and rainbows, but mine has more grittier parts.
Old 09-11-08, 01:09 PM   #209
jolle

Quote:
Maybe your fantasy worlds are filled with sunlight and rainbows, but mine has more grittier parts.
Then the Warhammer universes are right up your alley.
Cant wait to see how the WH40k MMO is turning out.
Old 09-11-08, 01:16 PM   #210
Tr1cK
not coming back

Quote:
Originally Posted by jolle View Post
Then the Warhammer universes are right up your alley.
Cant wait to see how the WH40k MMO is turning out.
Oh gawd yes!
Tr1cK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-08, 02:10 PM   #211
CaptnStubing

Quote:
No, I just like to see the graphics my video card is drawing.
Old 09-11-08, 05:48 PM   #212
Ninja Prime

Quote:
Go play Doom 3 then because you're so badass and hardcore and manly.

Coughovercompensatemuchcough.
Ninja Prime is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-12-08, 01:25 AM   #213
jeffmd
Has a vegetation fetish

Dude doom3 is bad ass.
Old 09-12-08, 03:14 AM   #214
ATOJAR
Bish Bash Bosh

Send a message via MSN to ATOJAR

Well i just pre-ordered WAR, with the pre-order i get Early Game Access & 2 In-Game Item Unlocks(i think the items are Rittenbach's Portable Camp - Rest your weary soul and heal your wounds between battles & Champion's Sapphire Band - Enhance your stats and cast "Touch of Frost," increasing your chance of doing additional elemental damage with each hit, Usable in PvE combat only.)

Is this game like othe MMO's with tanks & healers ect? what would a tank be on the Order or Destruction sides?
Intel i7 920 D0@4GHz(Corsair Hydro H80i) - ASUS P6T iX58 - 16GB Corsair DDR3 XMS3 1600MHz - Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Gamer - Corsair 120GB Force LS SSD(Win7/apps) - Seagate Barracuda SATA II 500GB(storage/games) - LG W2452T 24" LCD 1920x1200 Monitor - MSI GTX 760 2GB - Windows 7 Ultimate X64 - Corsair 750W TX PSU - Cooler Master HAF X Case - Logitech G500 Mouse - Logitech G15 v2 Keyboard.
ATOJAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-08, 10:39 AM   #215
CaptnStubing

Quote:
Dude doom3 is bad ass.
Doom3 was also crap. Oh here is a flashlight. Now go stumble your way around the gib fest. No thank you.
Old 09-12-08, 01:11 PM   #216
jeffmd
Has a vegetation fetish

You havn't played doom1 or 2 much then have you. Except in those games they only shut the lights off after you know youve triggered the trap doors.