Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > MMORPGs

Newegg Daily Deals

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-12-08, 02:45 PM   #217
jolle
Registered User
 
jolle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 2,804
Default Re: Warhammer - Age of Reconing - WAR is coming!

lets not get into a doom discussion here.

IŽll tell you all a story of much pain and suffering in a attempt to distract.
I was doing a PQ, we werent that many, and I took it upon myself to tank the boss in the last stage. (As I play Chosen, but usually alot of people try to tank so I usually just go 2 handed, and in back in closed beta used my DPS Tactics setup).
The absence of healing was pretty obvious from the start, but I popped a potion and outlasted the fight, however AFTER the boss died I apparantly died from some DOT or somesuch.
I respawn and start running, looking at the roll I was nr1 in contribution, and then nr1 in the roll aswell, AND there was a GOLD loot bag.
So I run like hell and about 5 meters from the chest the friggin thing resets..

So... IŽve already maxed out my influence in this area, but I thought I read something on the closed beta forums a while back about handing out that reward on the next turn, so I went again.
Tanked the boss, lots more poeple this time so it was no problem.
nr 1 in contribution, nr1 after the roll.. but no gold bag.
Ok, so I get a green back, well its not the end of the world, so I move to grab my reward, and about 3 meters from the chest THE FRIGGIN SERVER CRASHES...

awesome... hehe
Im gonna check my mailbox cause there was something about mailing the bag to you after a PQ on the closed beta forum, but I cant really remember if that was just a suggestion, in which case Im screwed.
Thats the stuff Beta gaming is made of though, so Im not really complaining, but it is annoying nevertheless.
__________________
Q6700, Abit X38 QuadGT, 8Gb (4x 2GB) OCZ Reaper DDR2 1066MHz, Gainward GTX 285 1Gb, X-Fi XtremeMusic
jolle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-08, 02:53 PM   #218
glObalist
working as intended
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 935
Default Re: Warhammer - Age of Reconing - WAR is coming!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jolle View Post
lets not get into a doom discussion here.

IŽll tell you all a story of much pain and suffering in a attempt to distract.
I was doing a PQ, we werent that many, and I took it upon myself to tank the boss in the last stage. (As I play Chosen, but usually alot of people try to tank so I usually just go 2 handed, and in back in closed beta used my DPS Tactics setup).
The absence of healing was pretty obvious from the start, but I popped a potion and outlasted the fight, however AFTER the boss died I apparantly died from some DOT or somesuch.
I respawn and start running, looking at the roll I was nr1 in contribution, and then nr1 in the roll aswell, AND there was a GOLD loot bag.
So I run like hell and about 5 meters from the chest the friggin thing resets..

So... IŽve already maxed out my influence in this area, but I thought I read something on the closed beta forums a while back about handing out that reward on the next turn, so I went again.
Tanked the boss, lots more poeple this time so it was no problem.
nr 1 in contribution, nr1 after the roll.. but no gold bag.
Ok, so I get a green back, well its not the end of the world, so I move to grab my reward, and about 3 meters from the chest THE FRIGGIN SERVER CRASHES...

awesome... hehe
Im gonna check my mailbox cause there was something about mailing the bag to you after a PQ on the closed beta forum, but I cant really remember if that was just a suggestion, in which case Im screwed.
Thats the stuff Beta gaming is made of though, so Im not really complaining, but it is annoying nevertheless.
So you get to keep your char(s) after beta is over?
__________________
Intel E8400 C2D 3Ghz @ 3.6Ghz ---> ASUS P5Q Pro <--- 2x2GB PATRIOT DDR2 800Mhz
PALIT Sonic HD4850 1GB DDR3 <---> BENQ FP241W 24" LCD
M-AUDIO FireWire 410 <---> Logitech Z-5400 5.1 THX
Quote:
All MMO's are now baby-school weak. The only good MMO's make your eyes bleed and force you to eat glass. In my day we had to walk uphill in the snow 5 miles *JUST* to log in.
glObalist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-08, 02:58 PM   #219
jolle
Registered User
 
jolle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 2,804
Default Re: Warhammer - Age of Reconing - WAR is coming!

Quote:
Originally Posted by glObalist View Post
So you get to keep your char(s) after beta is over?
Im not counting on it.
Would sorta defeat the early access stuff in a way.
But I dont know the definiate on that, expecting a wipe though.
__________________
Q6700, Abit X38 QuadGT, 8Gb (4x 2GB) OCZ Reaper DDR2 1066MHz, Gainward GTX 285 1Gb, X-Fi XtremeMusic
jolle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-08, 11:23 PM   #220
gravioli
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Cosmopolis, WA
Posts: 276
Default Re: Warhammer - Age of Reconing - WAR is coming!

Quote:
Originally Posted by glObalist View Post
So you get to keep your char(s) after beta is over?
You do not get to keep your beta characters.
__________________
Windows 7 Ultimate|Intel i7 2700K|Gigabyte Z68XP-3DP|16GB GeIL Enhance CORSA|EVGA Geforce GTX 560Ti|OCZ Vertex2 120GB
gravioli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-08, 12:00 AM   #221
Badboy_12345
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Sweden
Posts: 1,362
Default Re: Warhammer - Age of Reconing - WAR is coming!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jolle View Post
lets not get into a doom discussion here.

IŽll tell you all a story of much pain and suffering in a attempt to distract.
I was doing a PQ, we werent that many, and I took it upon myself to tank the boss in the last stage. (As I play Chosen, but usually alot of people try to tank so I usually just go 2 handed, and in back in closed beta used my DPS Tactics setup).
The absence of healing was pretty obvious from the start, but I popped a potion and outlasted the fight, however AFTER the boss died I apparantly died from some DOT or somesuch.
I respawn and start running, looking at the roll I was nr1 in contribution, and then nr1 in the roll aswell, AND there was a GOLD loot bag.
So I run like hell and about 5 meters from the chest the friggin thing resets..

So... IŽve already maxed out my influence in this area, but I thought I read something on the closed beta forums a while back about handing out that reward on the next turn, so I went again.
Tanked the boss, lots more poeple this time so it was no problem.
nr 1 in contribution, nr1 after the roll.. but no gold bag.
Ok, so I get a green back, well its not the end of the world, so I move to grab my reward, and about 3 meters from the chest THE FRIGGIN SERVER CRASHES...

awesome... hehe
Im gonna check my mailbox cause there was something about mailing the bag to you after a PQ on the closed beta forum, but I cant really remember if that was just a suggestion, in which case Im *****ed.
Thats the stuff Beta gaming is made of though, so Im not really complaining, but it is annoying nevertheless.
That ****s

I dont understand the PQ loot... when are there gold loot bags?
I can be first in the roll 3 times in a row but get 3 different bags
Badboy_12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-08, 04:28 AM   #222
jolle
Registered User
 
jolle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 2,804
Default Re: Warhammer - Age of Reconing - WAR is coming!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badboy_12345 View Post
That ****s

I dont understand the PQ loot... when are there gold loot bags?
I can be first in the roll 3 times in a row but get 3 different bags
Usually there are only green loot bags.
Seems gold, blue or purple lootbags get thrown into the mix at random, sorta rare, and usually just one, with better items obviously.
There might be PQs that always have a couple of blue, and the rest green, dont remember really.
I recall some PQs had alot of bags, while others only had a few, top 4 positions or so.
__________________
Q6700, Abit X38 QuadGT, 8Gb (4x 2GB) OCZ Reaper DDR2 1066MHz, Gainward GTX 285 1Gb, X-Fi XtremeMusic
jolle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-08, 11:59 AM   #223
gravioli
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Cosmopolis, WA
Posts: 276
Default Re: Warhammer - Age of Reconing - WAR is coming!

On the last day of the open beta, I won a purple loot bag and saw someone win a blue loot bag. I was about level 8 or 9 at the time. I never saw anything higher than green loot bags prior to that. When I won the purple there were 5 of us who got to roll and everyone else got greens. I think the chances of getting better loot bags is increased with smaller groups.
__________________
Windows 7 Ultimate|Intel i7 2700K|Gigabyte Z68XP-3DP|16GB GeIL Enhance CORSA|EVGA Geforce GTX 560Ti|OCZ Vertex2 120GB
gravioli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-08, 07:06 PM   #224
Dvahlish
Registered User
 
Dvahlish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Melbourne-Australia
Posts: 272
Default Re: Warhammer - Age of Reconing - WAR is coming!

The higher loot bags are seen more often as you go up the tiers.
I saw a few in the T2 area.
__________________
Guns dont kill people, Magic missiles do!
Dvahlish is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-15-08, 07:16 PM   #225
Dvahlish
Registered User
 
Dvahlish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Melbourne-Australia
Posts: 272
Default Re: Warhammer - Age of Reconing - WAR is coming!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jolle View Post
Im not counting on it.
Would sorta defeat the early access stuff in a way.
But I dont know the definiate on that, expecting a wipe though.
No..you cant keep your beta toons but now head start has started and we can now keep the characters we are playing.
Finally.....

Everything seems to be working great now that game is about to go live.
I have used the bank and the AH sucessfully...we have created a guild...
I even learnt Talisman making and salvaging as professions.

Im a happy girl
__________________
Guns dont kill people, Magic missiles do!
Dvahlish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-08, 02:04 AM   #226
ATOJAR
Bish Bash Bosh
 
ATOJAR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Middlesbrough, England.
Posts: 2,756
Send a message via MSN to ATOJAR
Default Re: Warhammer - Age of Reconing - WAR is coming!

Whats the best professions to learn as a Ironbreaker?
__________________
Intel i7 920 D0(Ultra-120 eXtreme) - ASUS P6T iX58 - 6GB Corsair DDR3 XMS3 1600MHz - Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Gamer - Corsair 120GB Force 3 SSD(Win7/apps) - Seagate Barracuda SATA II 500GB(storage/games) - LG W2452T 24" LCD 1920x1200 Monitor - MSI GTX 760 2GB - Windows 7 Ultimate X64 - Corsair 750W TX PSU - Antec 900 Case - Logitech G500 Mouse - Logitech G15 v2 Keyboard.
ATOJAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-08, 02:15 AM   #227
Dvahlish
Registered User
 
Dvahlish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Melbourne-Australia
Posts: 272
Default Re: Warhammer - Age of Reconing - WAR is coming!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATOJAR View Post
Whats the best professions to learn as a Ironbreaker?
No idea really.
The only crafting professions are apocathory and Talisman making.
The gathering professions are cultivation, butchering, scavenging and salvaging.

Almost everyone I have spoken to is doing talisman making, it seems very popular.
__________________
Guns dont kill people, Magic missiles do!
Dvahlish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-08, 02:30 AM   #228
ATOJAR
Bish Bash Bosh
 
ATOJAR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Middlesbrough, England.
Posts: 2,756
Send a message via MSN to ATOJAR
Default Re: Warhammer - Age of Reconing - WAR is coming!

I wonder if you can un-learn these crafting & profession skills, also has anybody found AA in the in-game graphic settings?
__________________
Intel i7 920 D0(Ultra-120 eXtreme) - ASUS P6T iX58 - 6GB Corsair DDR3 XMS3 1600MHz - Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Gamer - Corsair 120GB Force 3 SSD(Win7/apps) - Seagate Barracuda SATA II 500GB(storage/games) - LG W2452T 24" LCD 1920x1200 Monitor - MSI GTX 760 2GB - Windows 7 Ultimate X64 - Corsair 750W TX PSU - Antec 900 Case - Logitech G500 Mouse - Logitech G15 v2 Keyboard.
ATOJAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:18 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2014, nV News.