Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > MMORPGs

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 09-19-08, 01:02 AM   #241
Ninja Prime

Default Re: Warhammer - Age of Reconing - WAR is coming!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dvahlish View Post
Hehehe....
But...for how long will it be #1??
Dont kid yourself. Nothing will knock WoW off its perch in the next 3 years, certainly not WAR.
Ninja Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-08, 10:38 AM   #242
gravioli

WAR may not not off WoW, but unlike all the MMORPGs I've played since WoW, this game has me hooked. Granted, I've only been playing since the first preview weekend and the open beta so I might change my mind in the next few weeks.
Old 09-19-08, 01:19 PM   #243
Slybri

I wasn't really impressed with WAR. I mean it was an okay alternative to WOW, but it didn't seem as inspired or polished. The whole questing thing felt like a big funnel to rush you to the RvR endgame. Like all the features were just slapped in there, so they could say, "WAR has that too."

Then I got to see Altdorf, the capital city, and I fell in love with the game. Altdorf makes Stormwind look like a little child's toy playset. It's huge and gritty and detailed and gorgeous and it blew me away. And the whole thing transforms based on the RvR status of the server. You really can't pass judgement on this game until you've taken a tour of the capital cities.

I got into a late night RvR zone battle around midnight. I always hated WOW PvP. I spent half my time running from one side to the other just to get ganked by a higher level twinked up toon. But WAR RvR was different. There were times in RvR I actually felt like my Bright Wizard making a difference in the battle, personally turning retreats into assaults. The whole time I was getting Tome unlocks, new titles, and I looted a really nice Blue shoulder piece off another player's corpse. I ended up playing to 3 AM, gaining 2 renown levels, and 1 rank. It had to force myself to quit and go to bed.

God help me, I think I'm gonna get addicted to this game...

"Nice shot William Burroughs! You hold a gun like a guy who plays Riven!"
------ The Venture Bros.
Slybri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-08, 01:18 AM   #244
Dvahlish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Prime View Post
Dont kid yourself. Nothing will knock WoW off its perch in the next 3 years, certainly not WAR.
To be honest I couldnt really care less whether it did or not....I hope people cpontinue to enjoy wow for many years to come as the game certainly has its good points.

People are loving WAR, the response to early days in game play has been fantastic from what I can see, and I love playing the game which is really all that matters in the end.

We ended up moving our whole guild from wow to WAR....its fantastic!
Old 09-22-08, 01:21 AM   #245
Dvahlish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slybri View Post
I wasn't really impressed with WAR. I mean it was an okay alternative to WOW, but it didn't seem as inspired or polished. The whole questing thing felt like a big funnel to rush you to the RvR endgame. Like all the features were just slapped in there, so they could say, "WAR has that too."

Then I got to see Altdorf, the capital city, and I fell in love with the game. Altdorf makes Stormwind look like a little child's toy playset. It's huge and gritty and detailed and gorgeous and it blew me away. And the whole thing transforms based on the RvR status of the server. You really can't pass judgement on this game until you've taken a tour of the capital cities.

I got into a late night RvR zone battle around midnight. I always hated WOW PvP. I spent half my time running from one side to the other just to get ganked by a higher level twinked up toon. But WAR RvR was different. There were times in RvR I actually felt like my Bright Wizard making a difference in the battle, personally turning retreats into assaults. The whole time I was getting Tome unlocks, new titles, and I looted a really nice Blue shoulder piece off another player's corpse. I ended up playing to 3 AM, gaining 2 renown levels, and 1 rank. It had to force myself to quit and go to bed.

God help me, I think I'm gonna get addicted to this game...
yeh the destruction city is gorgeous aswell, Inevitable City.

I think as you level past 10 the game just gets better and better.
Well...at least it did for me.
I started to get excited when I was ablle to get to renoun rank 12 and start getting great gear thgrough renoun ranks aswell as through influence points.
The more you acheive, the better it gets
Old 09-22-08, 07:01 AM   #246
jolle

I rolled a marauder (played Chosen in Closed and Open beta, and headstart) and Ive worked him up to rank 15 with a renown rank of 12 or so.
Stonetroll Crossing que has been rather long on my server, but yesterday it really picked up speed.
Seem most destru players are still struggling with how to play that BG, while order seems to have it down already, while they are running around pacifying trolls most desto players are just randomly windmilling and running in 1 vs 3 or so fights getting themselves killed.
Im keeping up well with gear, usually having a bunch of items I can equip next level in my inventory from INF rewards and PQ drops, usually better stuff then renown gear offers, but its great to have that option for equipment slots you havent found anything for in a while.

Having awesome fun with this game.
Still, its not perfect, not very polished and has alot of quirky annoynaces and bugs (such as helmet and cloak toggling back to visible when you zone).
But the important stuff seem to work really well sofar.
Assaulting a keep was really cool, unfortunately we were too few and too low level to capture it.. the champions and hero in there tore us up pretty fast, with a couple of players nuking us with ranged DPS all the while.
seiging was fun though, keeping our cannons at destroying their Seige Oil and defensive cannons, and keeping the walls clear of ranged DPS, while we worked the gate with the Ram.

Most annoying thing sofar: getting rooted by brightwizards all the time in BGs, when you are alone.
Old 09-22-08, 06:45 PM   #247
Dvahlish

Yeh...we did a keep raid over the weekend and it a lot of fun, especially since we got it back
Im loving that you can pick up some nice green and blues from RVR.
I also love the way you level your guild and unlock different rewards...although we got to rank 6 and were supposed to be able to go into the guild tavern...but none of us have been able to yet.

Things that have annoyed me are the helm/cloak bug that you mentioned, and also the sudden appearance of amny gold spammers....lol

I also wish they would put a copy item link to chat/guild chat in....I miss being able to do that.

I guess all the little things will be tweaked eventually, overall they have done a great job IMO.
Old 09-23-08, 02:20 AM   #248
killahsin

my guild took control of 3 keeps lol. I will say that the armor/weapons at the later stages of tier 3 is insane.
2 x msi 9600 gt oc's @ 760x1950.
4 gigs ram.
R.I.P. Ritual
killahsin is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-23-08, 10:57 AM   #249
CaptnStubing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Prime View Post
I'm playing War now and have played almost every MMO that has come out since WoW and none of them come close to WoW. War is the closest game that has held my attention like WoW. I don't know how long it will last tho.
CaptnStubing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-08, 01:50 PM   #250
jolle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dvahlish View Post
I also wish they would put a copy item link to chat/guild chat in....I miss being able to do that.

I guess all the little things will be tweaked eventually, overall they have done a great job IMO.
Yeah it seems like a feature that is bound to be added sooner or later.
Just one of those comon practice things everyone expects in a MMO.
Old 09-23-08, 06:59 PM   #251
Tyr-Sog
goS-ryT

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptnStubing View Post
I'm playing War now and have played almost every MMO that has come out since WoW and none of them come close to WoW. War is the closest game that has held my attention like WoW. I don't know how long it will last tho.
I would say War had a better foundation with content then wow at release though. Wow was pretty low in content and a little buggy at release also. Hopefully Mystic builds off of it better the Bliz has. Not that Bliz had to though becasue it sucked everyone in anyways dispite not having a ton of added content(more so for pvp)
Old 09-23-08, 07:26 PM   #252
Dvahlish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyr-Sog View Post
I would say War had a better foundation with content then wow at release though. Wow was pretty low in content and a little buggy at release also. Hopefully Mystic builds off of it better the Bliz has. Not that Bliz had to though becasue it sucked everyone in anyways dispite not having a ton of added content(more so for pvp)
The things is, WAR offered something new, fresh and exciting.
Although, it is geared more for those that enjoy PVP more so than PVE

From what I can see with Lich King they arent bringing anything new to the table....a new talent tree and 10 more levels to grind.
Already people are complaining about how badly thier classes are being nerfed and the game isnt even released!!!!

But..its all in a different zone!!! There is snow!!!!!

whoop dee doooooo