Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 06-08-08, 01:08 PM   #85
SH64
MAXIMUM TECH

Default Re: Devil May Cry PC Demo Feedback Thread

The quad-core must've been doing a hell'va job in DMC4! the game is so smooth even with large numbers of enemies! (1600x1200,4xAA,16xAF,DX10)

- "My name is RAM and my tank is full"

http://warhawk64nv.mybrute.com/ <-- pupils go thaarrr! Or,
http://silenthunter64.mybrute.com
SH64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-08, 01:28 PM   #86
DeusGear

Quote:
Originally Posted by SH64 View Post
The quad-core must've been doing a hell'va job in DMC4! the game is so smooth even with large numbers of enemies! (1600x1200,4xAA,16xAF,DX10)
Yea the engine powering this is also powering lost planet/RE5/dead rising so it's multi core optimized.
8gb G.Skill
Win7
DeusGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-08, 01:37 PM   #87
SH64
MAXIMUM TECH

Default Re: The detail of Devil May Cry PC Demo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ralinn View Post
Anyone that attempts to play this game on a keyboard and mouse deserves a swift slap across the chops.
Looks like i have to agree with you. the keboard controling is unbearable. guess i'm not getting this game then since i only play with K+M ... i'm not a fan of gamepads at all.
A shame i'm not gonna play such a great game

Old 06-08-08, 04:09 PM   #88
Medion

Quote:
Looks like i have to agree with you. the keboard controling is unbearable. guess i'm not getting this game then since i only play with K+M ... i'm not a fan of gamepads at all.
It's funny that console gamers will use gamepads for FPS games, and PC gamers will scream at them to use kb+mouse, to no avail. But, in games where gamepads are better suited, PC gamers won't relent.

I wish you'd give the gamepad a chance with this particular game. It's a great game, and the controls are fairly well done.
Medion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-08, 05:05 PM   #89
ralinn
Masters

Quote:
This upsets me. Really, there's a tear runnign down my face.

Why god, why would you not play a great game just because it's better suited to something other than a kb+m?

Surely it's best to play a game with the very thing it was designed for? I really don't get how someone could think a controller is better than a kb+mouse or vise versa... it's all about the right tool for the job!

3Dmark06 Score: Who the **** actually cares?
360 & PSN ID: ralinn
ralinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-08, 06:28 PM   #90
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Send a message via AIM to NarcissistZero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medion View Post
It's funny that console gamers will use gamepads for FPS games, and PC gamers will scream at them to use kb+mouse, to no avail. But, in games where gamepads are better suited, PC gamers won't relent.
Well said... I was gonna post in response to him this morning but couldn't think of the right way to put it. You got it.
NarcissistZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-08, 07:20 PM   #91
Medion

Quote:
Originally Posted by ralinn View Post
it's all about the right tool for the job!
I call bull****. If my wrench can't put in a screw, then F*ck Craftsman. Lifetime warranty my arse!
Old 06-09-08, 03:30 PM   #92
JaylumX
Something Else

Just received my copy (360 collectors edition). If it hadn't been for the PC demo i would not have realised how awesome this game is. Been playing for a while. Done that "bastard son of a horse and bat boss" (would make for an interesting sex scene huh ) and am on the second level.

So far i am liking this game.

i5 760 @ 4.0 | P7P55D-E | 8GB DDR3 | 60 & 120GB SSD - 1TB SATA 2 | HD 7950 @ 1200/6300 | HDAV 1.3 | HD598

Xbox 360 120GB | PS3 40GB | Wii 8GB | Sony KDL-32EX723BU
JaylumX is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-09-08, 05:45 PM   #93
Medion

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaylumX View Post
Just received my copy (360 collectors edition). If it hadn't been for the PC demo i would not have realised how awesome this game is. Been playing for a while. Done that "bastard son of a horse and bat boss" (would make for an interesting sex scene huh ) and am on the second level.

So far i am liking this game.
I'm going to hold off on buying it until the PC version releases. I want to throw money towards the PC version just to help convince them to stick with this platform, and, I like how it runs at high res/aa/af on my machine
Old 06-09-08, 05:56 PM   #94
SH64
MAXIMUM TECH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medion
Who told you that i scream at console players to use K+M for FPS games on consoles ? actually my concept is : FPS's are for PC .. if you wanna play a FPS get a damn PC!
in the contrary, K+M should fit most ported console game geners except for a few like beat'em up games ..

in fact i feel the console players' pain when they play FPS games with gamepads .. i still remember how my friend was struggling with the gamepad when he was playing Turok5 (aiming at rapidly moving little dinosaurs with gamepad was nearly impossible) , while it was a piece of cake for me on the PC.

Also its up to the dev to implement the right controls for the game if he had to release it for PC. take AC for instance , the K+M controls were very well done that i finished the game without a single problem with the controls. i know DMC's style is different but still the dev could've made some better use of the mouse buttons.

in anyway i dont want to derail this thread to a console vs. PC arguments.

Quote:
I wish you'd give the gamepad a chance with this particular game. It's a great game, and the controls are fairly well done.
I dunno .. i'll see about that. afterall its a great game just like you said & its a shame for me to miss it :/

Old 06-09-08, 06:02 PM   #95
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Send a message via AIM to NarcissistZero

Quote:
Who told you that i scream at console players to use K+M for FPS games on consoles ? actually my concept is : FPS's are for PC .. if you wanna play a FPS get a damn PC!
in the contrary, K+M should fit most ported console game geners except for a few like beat'em up games ..
Well the arguement to you should then be "want to play hack n' slash? Get a damn console!"

Of course, I don't agree with that, or your opinion of console FPS. While KB&M is better, most console FPS games lately use dual analog sticks VERY well. My best friend loves console controls so much he can't stand KB&M.
NarcissistZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-08, 06:14 PM   #96
SH64
MAXIMUM TECH

Quote:
Originally Posted by NarcissistZero View Post
Well the arguement to you should then be "want to play hack n' slash? Get a damn console!"
Of course , i agree with you on that. hence my comments on the DMC4's controls.