Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 08-26-02, 12:49 AM   #1
volt

Default Doom 3 on March 31, 2003 ?

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...889922-3096624

That's a lot of waiting IMO...
[b]Optimization guidelines by Koji Ashida of NVIDIA:[/b][list][*]Use fx12 instructions whenever possible[*]Use lowest pixel shader version[/list][url=http://developer.nvidia.com/docs/IO/10878/ChinaJoy2004_OptimizationAndTools.pdf]source[/url]

[size=1]The politics are invading the technology. We don't really like to mess with politics because that kind of adversarial relationship has nothing to do with pure technical operations and the technical specifications of what we like to play with, the hardware![/size]
volt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-02, 04:49 AM   #2
StealthHawk

Carmack said they were banking on releasing it before next year's E3, so it is possible. i still think it will be a few months after that though(the more the better).
Old 08-26-02, 01:24 PM   #3
Matthyahuw

Send a message via ICQ to Matthyahuw Send a message via AIM to Matthyahuw Send a message via Yahoo to Matthyahuw

Stores don't set the dates of games...we've seen this time and time again...
Heck, TF2's release date was like Jan 2002 according to some stores!
Old 08-26-02, 01:38 PM   #4
volt

Yet this is amazon. Still that date doesnt look so bad
I should forget about that game, this way time would pass by faster
[b]Optimization guidelines by Koji Ashida of NVIDIA:[/b][list][*]Use fx12 instructions whenever possible[*]Use lowest pixel shader version[/list][url=http://developer.nvidia.com/docs/IO/10878/ChinaJoy2004_OptimizationAndTools.pdf]source[/url]

[size=1]The politics are invading the technology. We don't really like to mess with politics because that kind of adversarial relationship has nothing to do with pure technical operations and the technical specifications of what we like to play with, the hardware![/size]
volt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-02, 02:02 PM   #5
saturnotaku
Apple user. Deal with it.

I'm slowly learning not to go by dates any more because 9 times out of 10 they don't get met. Pro Race Driver was supposed to be out June 28, then Aug. 28, now it's not until the end of September.

I'll just take solace in the fact that the games I want will be done "when they're done" and since I want to play them very badly, I don't mind waiting, especially if it means I'll be treated to a relatively bug-free experience out of the box.
saturnotaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-02, 02:14 PM   #6
vampireuk
**** Holster

Send a message via AIM to vampireuk

ahh good old stores screwing up on game release dates. I wont even go into how much Game screwed up when it came to Warcraft III
vampireuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-02, 08:34 PM   #7
StealthHawk

stores have always jumped the gun, even back 6-7 years ago.

Tiberian Sun was by far the worst offender i saw, that game was listed after Red Alert came out and was MIA for 2 years.
Old 08-26-02, 08:36 PM   #8
PCarr78

Quote:
Originally posted by StealthHawk
stores have always jumped the gun, even back 6-7 years ago.

Tiberian Sun was by far the worst offender i saw, that game was listed after Red Alert came out and was MIA for 2 years.
To add insult to injury, Tiberian Sun SUCKED!
PCarr78 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-27-02, 12:24 AM   #9
StealthHawk

Quote:
Originally posted by [Corporal Dan]

To add insult to injury, Tiberian Sun SUCKED!
exactly. one of the few C&C games i didn't buy. i got it free with Renegade though, which costed only $35