Go Back   nV News Forums > Hardware Forums > General Hardware

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 08-26-02, 04:43 AM   #1
Essense

Default Coolermaster ATC 200 MX

What do you guys think of this case now? It came out a few years ago, back in late 99. It's had a revision since then and has become much much cheaper. It was about 350 bucks without a power supply when it was first released. It is solid aluminum, removable motherboard tray, all thumbscrew design, has duel 80mm front intake fans, a rear exhaust, and a top blowhole, straight from the factory. It was once considered a case for the rich, somthing to show off. But Rev 2, has reduced the price to a mere 158$ (Newegg.com) and corrected a few of the flaws with the orginal. It's mighty tempting.

Regards,
Mike
Old 08-27-02, 11:37 AM   #2
Stavros

I've got a ACT210 (I think, its the one with the blue perspex front). Anyway I know the case you mean, I saw one once in a shop, really nice case, especially if you illuminate the inside (creates a nice effect with the front fan inlets). Quality wise, coolermaster are excellent, well worth the price you mentioned. I payed about 230 (yes pounds not dollars as I am from blighty) so prob would have cost $300+ at the time.

Machine Spec (all product names have been removed to protect the innocent from being called a fanboy)

a processor with the performance capability of 2.8Ghz, a motherboard, 1Gb of some make of memory, A video card (with latest drivers), A sound card and some other bits all in a case connected to some brand of monitor.
Stavros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-02, 04:21 PM   #3
TheOneKEA
Fifteen-K Saiyan Bastard

Location: Somewhere in England, waiting for ROTK and drooling over the A64 3000+
Send a message via ICQ to TheOneKEA Send a message via AIM to TheOneKEA Send a message via Yahoo to TheOneKEA

My nest case will be a higher-end case with lots of fan ports and such. I'm considering a lot of cases to put on a long-term list, but this one may do.
TheOneKEA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-02, 10:20 PM   #4
Essense

here's a picture of the case, im going to be building a new system in the January/Feb time frame. I know it's kinda early to start looking for hardware, it just happend to catch my eye as an excellent case. I hope they still offer them in Jan/03.

I would of course buy it with a couple solid black Lite on CDRW and DVD drives. As well as a black floppy.

Regards,
Mike