Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Microsoft Windows XP And Vista

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 06-24-08, 04:39 PM   #1
AngelGraves13

Default Update for Windows Vista (KB952709)

This update resolves issues that may affect some Windows Vista SP1-based computers. These issues have been reported by customers who use the Error Reporting service or Microsoft Customer Support Services.

This update improves the performance, responsiveness, and reliability of Windows Vista in various scenarios.

This update includes the following improvements on a Windows Vista SP1-based computer:
This update improves the stability of Windows Vista SP1-based computers by addressing some crashes that may occur when you try to check e-mail by using a POP3 e-mail client such as Windows Mail or Mozilla Thunderbird. The crashes may occur on a Windows Vista SP1-based computer in the following scenario:
Incoming POP3 and outgoing SMTP traffic monitoring is enabled.
Both a third-party antivirus application and an antispyware application are installed, such as the following applications:
ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite by Check Point Software Technologies Ltd.
SpySweeper by Webroot Software, Inc.
This update improves the reliability of the Windows Vista SP1 based-computers by addressing some problems that occur when you delete user accounts by using the User Accounts item in Control Panel. When this problem occurs, the system may stop responding (hang).
This update improves the reliability of Windows Vista SP1-based computers that experience issues in which large applications cannot run after the computer is turned on for extended periods of time. For example, when you try to start Excel 2007 after the computer is turned on for extended periods of time, a user may receive an error message that resembles the following:
EXCEL.EXE is not a valid Win32 application
This update improves the reliability of Windows Vista SP1-based computers by reducing the number of crashes that may be caused by the Apple QuickTime thumbnail preview in Windows Live Photo Gallery.
This update improves the performance of Windows Vista SP1-based computers by reducing audio and video (AV) stuttering. Such AV stuttering may occur when the audio or video component is streaming high definition content from a Windows Vista SP1-based computer that has a NVIDIA network adapter nForce driver version 67.5.4.0 that is installed to a Windows Media Center Extender device.

KB952709: Knowledge Base Article
AngelGraves13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-08, 04:50 PM   #2
grey_1

Default Re: Update for Windows Vista (KB952709)

Oh isn't that funny. Those sound like some of the same issues i was attributing to driver problems...Thanks for posting this!
Old 06-24-08, 06:59 PM   #3
AngelGraves13

I need to format, so I'm saving this download to install after the format along with Windows Installer 4.5 and Search 4.0, unless they're already on Windows Update.
AngelGraves13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-08, 07:49 AM   #4
Yaboze

Is this on Windows update? I haven't seen it.

Strange if it isn't.
Yaboze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-08, 08:27 AM   #5
nekrosoft13
I'm Geralt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaboze View Post
Is this on Windows update? I haven't seen it.

Strange if it isn't.
windows updates only has about 30-40% of available updates. Rest are either on microsoft.com or you have to call microsoft to receive them.
Old 06-25-08, 12:57 PM   #6
Bearclaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekrosoft13 View Post
windows updates only has about 30-40% of available updates. Rest are either on microsoft.com or you have to call microsoft to receive them.
Why is that?

What is all involved in calling them? What do you tell them, and then do they send you 100% of them?
Old 06-25-08, 01:09 PM   #7
nekrosoft13
I'm Geralt

for instance, there is a patch that fixes BSOD in some DirectX9 games while playing on Vista. BSOD can happen quite often in GRID when exiting the game. It mostly happen on nVidia cards with new drivers.

There is a fix for it, but it is not mentioned on MS site.

You have you either call them or send an e-mail to MS MVP, tell them excactly what happens. that you heard of a fix and they send you link to special FTP site that expires in 2-3 days. But that link only lets you download the file you asked for.

That fix is hidden, is not even mentioned on MS site.

Then there are fixes on MS site that just say call/e-mail MS to obtain this file.

Last example are fixes that are mentioned, and available for download on MS site, but not on Windows Updates.
Old 06-25-08, 01:14 PM   #8
nekrosoft13
I'm Geralt

here is the hotfix for that BSOD issue in GRID (other other D3D9 games)

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/show...&postcount=121

I obtained 64bit vista hotfix for myself.

Maybe that is why I have ZERO issues all the time . When I say my system is up to date, i really mean it. 100% up to date. Not just the stuff from Windows Updates.

Old 06-25-08, 02:11 PM   #9
Bearclaw

hmmm....
Old 06-25-08, 03:02 PM   #10
nekrosoft13
I'm Geralt

Quote:
Hello,

The hot fix for your issue has been packaged and placed on an HTTP site for you to download.

WARNING: This fix is not publicly available through the Microsoft website as it has not gone through full Microsoft regression testing. If you would like confirmation that this fix is designed to address your specific problem, or if you would like to confirm whether there are any special compatibility or installation issues associated with this fix, you are encouraged to speak to a Support Professional in Product Support Services.

The package is password protected so be sure to enter the appropriate password for each package. To ensure the right password is provided cut and paste the password from this mail.

NOTE: Passwords expire every 7 days so download the package within that period to insure you can extract the files. If you receive two passwords it means you are receiving the fix during a password change cycle. Use the second password if you download after the indicated password change date.

Package:
-----------------------------------------------------------
KB Article Number(s): 953026
Language: All (Global)
Platform: x64
Password: REMOVED

NOTE: Be sure to include all text between '(' and ')' when navigating to this hot fix location!

Thanks!
Old 06-25-08, 03:19 PM   #11
Mr Bigman
Strongest Man On Earth

Send a message via AIM to Mr Bigman Send a message via MSN to Mr Bigman Send a message via Yahoo to Mr Bigman

Why won't they publish the updates so we can get them withought hassles?

And you go to extreme lenghts to get updates from sitting on the phone for 2 hours to waiting 3 days for an email?
Three EVGA 285 SLI
Antec 1200
Corsiar 1000 HX Power Supply
2 OCZ SSD Hard Drives
4 wd black edition raid 2 setups for 4TB

Old 06-25-08, 03:46 PM   #12
Bearclaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Bigman View Post
Why won't they publish the updates so we can get them withought hassles?

And you go to extreme lenghts to get updates from sitting on the phone for 2 hours to waiting 3 days for an email?
QFT. I think this is ****ing retarded. Just give us all the ****ing updates. **** Microsoft.