Go Back   nV News Forums > Hardware Forums > CPUs, Motherboards And Memory

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 06-26-08, 02:40 PM   #1
xmichaeluk

Default Need advice

Hello everyone, I am begging you for some advice regarding my computer. Here's the thing, I'm nuts when it comes to computers, I work with pc's, I spend most of my day in front of a monitor, and i always talk about computers.
So, here's the thing. about 4 months ago I upgraded to Q6600, Asus Striker Extreme, 2x8800GTS G92, 4GB OCZ PC6400.
I spent some serious money on that setup. Considering that I'm still at school and that I only have a part time job, it took me some time to save up enough money for the rig above. But as I said I'm nuts, and my crazy brain is tempting me again to upgrade and spend my money on better and faster gaming parts. I managed to save up 500 so far and I would really like to keep it this way but I don't know whether I'll be able to resist. Please let me know your thoughts, I don't want to do anything stupid.

Thanks guys.
xmichaeluk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-08, 04:08 PM   #2
sahilmalhotra17

Default Re: Need advice

you have a pretty sweet setup i would suggest spend around a 100 $ on cooling components and overclock your current parts. save some more and wait for the c2q extremes to get a lil cheaper. Once you have enough saved up ebay your existing proc mother board and 8800GTSs to get a c2q extreme and a pair of GTX280s and hopefully by then youll be outta school and making some money as well. Hope i helped....well i tried to
sahilmalhotra17 is offline   Reply With Quote