Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 08-07-08, 07:50 PM   #145
arioch21
Vengeful Blades

Default Re: Diablo III announced

I love the look of it, I dont see what the fuse is about, they havent even released images of other sections of the game, It looks awesome from what I saw.
Old 08-07-08, 08:11 PM   #146
crainger

Send a message via AIM to crainger

I'm also surprised how quiet they kept it for 4 years. 4 years they have been quietly working on it getting it ready. Looks like an 09 release is right. ::

Back to what I said earlier, it's really interesting to see how the devs get treated these days, by both the gamers and the press. Titan Quest is the ultimate example, a game which got a terrible rep through piracy related crashes, and through reviewers own stupidity. I remember the example where a reviewer complained about having to walk back to town to sell stuff, even after the devs corrected him saying he can easily teleport to and from and he would know that if he read the manual and in game help, he still went on to complain about that same issue... I mean WTF! I'm really glad I never decided to do the game dev course at Uni. Sounds like an industry that's really difficult to work in now. ::

Anyways end ::
crainger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-08, 11:22 PM   #147
v3rninater
Blowin up since 1969

^ Agree with Craing, Titans Quest is what I'm going through right now with the expansion Immortal Thrown. Absolutely grande experience, fun gameplay, amazing boss fights with strategies you need to figure out. LOTS of material possibilities, and tons of skills, the gameplay is good too! All this and I haven't drug my friend out who I coop with a lot. This is tons o fun I can't believe this game didn't blow up!?

Course if you followed the Firefly shows that's another grande example of people missing greatness.
Core 2 Quad Q9550 @ 3.4ghz 1600fsb || Gigabyte P45 EP45-UD3R stable as a rooock! || 4gb G-Skill DDR2 PC8500 5-5-5-15 || EVGA 580-GTX 1.5gb || Creative Fatal1ty Xram Sound Card 7.1 ||G-Skill Phoenix Pro SSD 120gb|| WD BLACK 32mb cache 640gb HD || 2x Samsung DVD burner 16x DVD+\- || Corsair 620watt PSU
Win 7 Ultimate 64bit (640gb hd)

AMD Phenom II X6 T1090 || Gigabyte GA880 || 4gb G-skill Ripjaw DDR3 1600 || MSI 8800 Ultra o/c || WD BLACK 32mb cache 640gb HD || ASUS DVD Burner || XFX 750 watt PSU

LG 60" 1080p 600Hz Plasma HDTV 60PS11
Xbox 360
v3rninater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-08, 01:41 AM   #148
LordJuanlo
Widescreen rules

It looks like the Petition has been victorious: Brian Morrisroe, art director of Diablo III, has left the company and now Blizzard is looking for another one:

Quote:
Blizzard Entertainment is currently looking for a talented, motivated, and experienced art director to lead the Diablo III art team. For this position, you must be highly organized with outstanding communication skills and proven experience in management. We're looking for a proven track record of shipping AAA products in an art director role. Experience modeling and texturing assets for a diverse visual range of environments and a solid grasp of form, color, and light for both 2D and 3D art assets are also essential. You must be experienced at mentoring a team, able to work well in an environment of artists who are passionate about making great games, skilled in another art task (illustration, modeling, texturing, animation, or concept drawing), and well-versed in related tools (Maya, Photoshop, etc.).

Blizzard Entertainment offers a fun, creative, and technically rewarding environment with excellent compensation and a full range of benefits.
ATI 5870 (Graphics) + GeForce 9600GT (PhysX) on Samsung SM244T 1920x1200
LG GGW-H20L BluRay & HD-DVD / Logitech Z-5500 5.1 DTS / Westone 3 Earphones
Asus Xonar D2 / 360 Elite Wireless Controller / Gigabyte Odin GT 800W
Windows 7 x64
(also a 360 and a PSP )
LordJuanlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-08, 03:03 AM   #149
SH64
MAXIMUM TECH

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordJuanlo View Post
It looks like the Petition has been victorious: Brian Morrisroe, art director of Diablo III, has left the company and now Blizzard is looking for another one:
Quote:
Blizzard is looking for a new Art Director for Diablo III to replace Brian Morrisroe who "recently resigned to form a startup technology company (outside the game industry),"so not because of the recent fan petition. Blizzard confirms it will have no affect on the current look of the game.
http://www.worthplaying.com/article.php?sid=54570

I dont know who to believe

- "My name is RAM and my tank is full"

http://warhawk64nv.mybrute.com/ <-- pupils go thaarrr! Or,
http://silenthunter64.mybrute.com
SH64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-08, 03:03 AM   #150
crainger

Send a message via AIM to crainger

::

Good luck the new guy. He/she is gonna need it.
crainger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-08, 07:25 AM   #151
FastRedPonyCar
Resident Tire Destroyer

Send a message via AIM to FastRedPonyCar

He may have left but the cartoony colors will not leave.

http://megagames.com/news/html/pc/di...tscolors.shtml

While I don't TOTALLY love the color scheme, Titan quest is mighty colorful and no one is complaining about IT.

Now, that being said, it FEELS more of a happy feeling game like dungeon siege (which was also quite colorful) and the diablo games have always had a much darker and sinister feel and atmosphere to them that I'd like to remain. I don't mind color but all the wildly overblown ambient colors they have are a bit much IMO.

With any luck, someone will come up with a mod to alter the colors. Or at least the Devs could have a color option like the U3 engine games typically offer.

Just a rough calculation here but if the 55,000 people who signed the petition do not buy the game, at $50 per game, that's 2.75 million dollars in sales that will be lost.

http://multiplayerblog.mtv.com/2008/...-turns-tables/
4770k @ 4.45 ghz - ASUS Gryphon Mobo - 16 gigs Corsair Vengeance Pro 1866 RAM - XSPC Rasa 750 RS240 H2o Cooling - EVGA GTX 680 @1325mhz - 128 gig Crucial RealSSD C300 - 150 gig Velociraptor +2.75 Terrabytes of WD Sata 3.0 storage - 910 watt PC P&C PSU - Corsair Obsidian 650D case

- Server -
Core I7 D0 revision 920 @ 3.75 ghz - ASUS P6T Deluxe - 12 Gigs Mushkin DDR3 1600 - Corsair HX 620 PSU - Noctua NH-U9B cooler - Coolermaster WaveMaster Case

- Laptop -
MSI 16F2-012
- i7 2630QM - GTX570m @ 750Mhz - 8 gigs HyperX 1866 - 120 gig OCZ Vertex 3 SSD- 750 gig Scorpio Black - BluRay - 95% Gamut Screen - IC Diamond goop
FastRedPonyCar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-08, 07:30 AM   #152
LordJuanlo
Widescreen rules

I signed the petition and will buy the game anyway. I would prefer a darker look, just like older games, but the WoW style won't make skip Diablo III, I've been waiting for this game for years
ATI 5870 (Graphics) + GeForce 9600GT (PhysX) on Samsung SM244T 1920x1200
LG GGW-H20L BluRay & HD-DVD / Logitech Z-5500 5.1 DTS / Westone 3 Earphones
Asus Xonar D2 / 360 Elite Wireless Controller / Gigabyte Odin GT 800W
Windows 7 x64
(also a 360 and a PSP )
LordJuanlo is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-08-08, 07:41 AM   #153
nekrosoft13
I'm Geralt

When Diablo III gets released it will be a fun game, but Titan Quest will still look better.

Which is really sad.
Old 08-08-08, 09:52 AM   #154
nemecb

Quote:
Originally Posted by crainger View Post
Back to what I said earlier, it's really interesting to see how the devs get treated these days, by both the gamers and the press. Titan Quest is the ultimate example, a game which got a terrible rep through piracy related crashes, and through reviewers own stupidity. I remember the example where a reviewer complained about having to walk back to town to sell stuff, even after the devs corrected him saying he can easily teleport to and from and he would know that if he read the manual and in game help, he still went on to complain about that same issue... I mean WTF! I'm really glad I never decided to do the game dev course at Uni. Sounds like an industry that's really difficult to work in now. ::
Well, I can't help wondering if a lot of this isn't down to the fact that every idiot and his dog can have a blog or start an online petition these days. We may be hearing from a vocal minority on a lot of these things, although to be fair even they can affect people's opinions, unfortunately.

On the plus side, I recently heard that the game dev industry is one of the few that is actually growing right now, so apparently it's not such a bad place to be.
nemecb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-08, 10:08 AM   #155
nekrosoft13
I'm Geralt

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemecb View Post
Well, I can't help wondering if a lot of this isn't down to the fact that every idiot and his dog can have a blog or start an online petition these days. We may be hearing from a vocal minority on a lot of these things, although to be fair even they can affect people's opinions, unfortunately.
same reason why vista got negative press. one idiot opens mouth second idiot lisens and it spreads.
Old 08-08-08, 10:46 AM   #156
nemecb

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekrosoft13 View Post
same reason why vista got negative press. one idiot opens mouth second idiot lisens and it spreads.
That's entirely possible, although there's an important difference. This is a purely subjective "problem" while Vista had some legitimate objective problems. Whether they were as widespread as they seemed due to the bloggers is up for debate, but it wasn't an opinion that the "long goodbye" bug was (and is? I haven't really paid attention lately) a problem for instance. The common factor is definitely bloggers having too much power over public opinion though (IMHO obviously).
nemecb is offline   Reply With Quote