Newegg Daily Deals

Old 07-03-08, 09:49 AM   #37
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Send a message via AIM to NarcissistZero
Default Re: Microsoft Games Studio Suck a di*k

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igor Vitaly View Post
My problem is th RROD probability, aint interested in buying something with a high failure rate. Now they have been improving it right? But I still dont want to take a chance of getting an older unit.
If you get a standard 360 with an HDMI connection, you're pretty much guarunteed a new and improved version.
NarcissistZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-08, 09:54 AM   #38
nekrosoft13
I'm Geralt

improved version that also does get RROD, slightly less then the original. but it still happens.
Old 07-03-08, 10:04 AM   #39
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekrosoft13 View Post
improved version that also does get RROD, slightly less then the original. but it still happens.
I'm sure... but in the end, it's not a hue concern anymore. I had a launch console for almost 3 years and never had a problem. My new Elite is damn reliable as well... The thing you have to understand with the Internet is that 90% of the time you only hear from those with something to complain about. Message boards like this one make the RROD problem seem far worse than it actually was.

I'm not saying it wasn't bad, it was... it just wasn't as horrid as you might think. Also, they offer free warranties now, which as far as I am concerned makes it almost a moot point.
Old 07-03-08, 10:31 AM   #40
Igor Vitaly
*BANNED*

Quote:
Originally Posted by NarcissistZero View Post
If you get a standard 360 with an HDMI connection, you're pretty much guarunteed a new and improved version.
Sounds great, then I will pick up one. So far I have just been gaming on the console at my local Internet Cafe. Must have put down 500$ with discounts playing there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekrosoft13 View Post
If so thats a shame after all these years. I assume homebrew "fixes" wont do much since even MS cant get it steady?
Igor Vitaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-08, 06:52 PM   #41
jesseee

Quote:
Originally Posted by NarcissistZero View Post
I'm not saying it wasn't bad, it was... it just wasn't as horrid as you might think. Also, they offer free warranties now, which as far as I am concerned makes it almost a moot point.
from what i understand, this only covers whatever errors they've arbitrarily stated. errors like E74 [ana chip, or gpu coming unsoldered] are not covered from the free extension of the warranty. and people who have had their 360's from the early days are just f*cked...
jesseee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-08, 11:13 PM   #42
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesseee View Post
from what i understand, this only covers whatever errors they've arbitrarily stated. errors like E74 [ana chip, or gpu coming unsoldered] are not covered from the free extension of the warranty. and people who have had their 360's from the early days are just f*cked...
It covers the RROD... which is what was abnormally high. Other stuff, past the normal warranty, is rare and not covered, but is not covered for any home entertainment product.
Old 07-06-08, 12:20 AM   #43
jesseee

So the GPU coming unsoldered from normal use isn't covered in any warranties at all? Both problems stem serious lack of cooling, which became painfully obvious after I opened up my friend's 1st gen. I honestly don't know what they possibly could have been thinking when they put that on. The problem with their warranty is that it only covers total hardware failure from overheating, and not partial. There was even one company that stopped servicing RRoD errors because literally every single solder point came undone on the motherboard.

Check it out:
http://brainwreckedtech.files.wordpr...al-cooling.jpg

There is one heat pipe on the tri-core processor. The GPU heatsink looks like something I'd find on an old MX4000. Microsoft's just looking for reasons not to cover their ass on an obvious death warrant.
Phenom II 940 | HD 4870 | 8 GB Corsair Dominator| 1960 GB total hard drive space | Sound Blaster Fatal1ty Platinum with front panel | Dual 16x DVD+/-RW RAM drives | 19" WS Flatpanel @ 1440x900 | Antec 900 | 500 Watt PS | Windows XP home | Windows Vista Home Premium x64 | Ubuntu 8.04 x64
jesseee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-08, 05:11 AM   #44
Gaco
L4D & DoW2 ftw!

Good thing Microsoft studios is not the king of PC gaming. Blizzard, Valve, Relic etc. is..
CPU: Intel Core2 Q6600@3.3ghz w. Noctua NH-U12P
RAM: 4Gb Crucial Tracer PC-8500
Graphics: XFX Radeon HD 5970 Black Edition
Harddiscs: 2xRaptorX 150gb 10.000 RPM in RAID0
Soundcard: X-Fi Xtreme Gamer
Sound: Sennheiser HD600 Headphones + headamp
Keyboard: Logitech DiNovo Edge
Mouse: Razor Orochi
Monitor: Samsung 2232BW (22" 1680*1050)
Gaco is offline   Reply With Quote