Go Back   nV News Forums > Hardware Forums > CPUs, Motherboards And Memory

Newegg Daily Deals

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-10-08, 01:25 PM   #37
Bearclaw
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Core 2 Quad Build - Thoughts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bacon12 View Post
This new 5800 Brisbane looks very good. Low power and will produce less heat than the Windsor.

I will have an 8 month old 6400be, and my gigabyte Nforce5 for sale when I get this new build's issues sorted out if you are interested.

Both of them have been great and never have given me any problems.
I like that price but it's OEM. I don't plan on buying a top of the line CPU cooler but what would you recommend?
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-08, 01:42 PM   #38
Lfctony
Registered User
 
Lfctony's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Larnaca, Cyprus
Posts: 4,152
Default Re: Core 2 Quad Build - Thoughts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearclaw View Post
Are you just saying that because you are biased against Asus? Lol. I have never had a problem with them.
I'm not biased against Asus. I currently have 4 Asus Intel boards at home. My Intel boards have always been Asus, P4PE, P4PE-VM, P4P800, P5K, P5KC, P5KPL.... I also have an Asus A8N that I'm no longer using which worked fine... I'm also building a computer for a friend with an Asus Intel board. I love Asus Intel boards, just not their nForce boards... I read bad things before getting one but got one anyway, just because I trust them. I mean it's Asus... The rest can be found in my thread regarding SLI...
__________________
Fafnir: Intel Core 2 Quad 6600@3.2Ghz|eVGA 780i SLI|PNY GTX480 |Kingston DDR667 4096MB|WD Black Caviar 500GB|Seagate SATA 250GB|Seagate SATA 200GB| Seagate SATA 160GB|OptiArc AD-7173S DVDRW|Nec 3351 DVDRW|Creative X-FI XM|LG Flatron W2261V|Logitech X-530|Thermaltake Armor|Amptac 850W SLI PSU|Logitech G9 Mouse|Xigmatek HDT S-1283 CPU Cooler|Windows 7/FW 257.21

PS2 - Wii - Xbox - Xbox360 - PSP - GC - PS3 Owner

Boycott Starforce...

Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes?
Lfctony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-08, 01:48 PM   #39
bacon12
Registered User
 
bacon12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 3,532
Default Re: Core 2 Quad Build - Thoughts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearclaw View Post
I like that price but it's OEM. I don't plan on buying a top of the line CPU cooler but what would you recommend?
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16835124017

Good reviews here.
bacon12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-08, 01:50 PM   #40
Tr1cK
not coming back
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 4,872
Default Re: Core 2 Quad Build - Thoughts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lfctony View Post
I'm not biased against Asus. I currently have 4 Asus Intel boards at home. My Intel boards have always been Asus, P4PE, P4PE-VM, P4P800, P5K, P5KC, P5KPL.... I also have an Asus A8N that I'm no longer using which worked fine... I'm also building a computer for a friend with an Asus Intel board. I love Asus Intel boards, just not their nForce boards... I read bad things before getting one but got one anyway, just because I trust them. I mean it's Asus... The rest can be found in my thread regarding SLI...
I can attest to Asus NV boards being a POS.
Tr1cK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-08, 01:53 PM   #41
methimpikehoses
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Core 2 Quad Build - Thoughts?

I bet that you'll wish you spent a few extra bucks after you don't have core2. Don't screw this one up.

/goes back to my desk at Intel marketing
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-08, 01:56 PM   #42
Tr1cK
not coming back
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 4,872
Default Re: Core 2 Quad Build - Thoughts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by methimpikehoses View Post
I bet that you'll wish you spent a few extra bucks after you don't have core2. Don't screw this one up.

/goes back to my desk at Intel marketing
/concur

I'll keep posting this til ClawFailBaer buys Intel!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tr1cK View Post
Dude.....seriously.

Check this:
E4600

Gigabyte P35

OCZ 2gb CAS4

My E4300 does 3.0 stable as can be at 1.33v all day long. That's coming from a 1.8ghz default clock. You should be able to get 3.0 or 3.2 out of the E4600.
Tr1cK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-08, 02:01 PM   #43
bacon12
Registered User
 
bacon12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 3,532
Default Re: Core 2 Quad Build - Thoughts?

Hard to argue with $270 for 2gigs, sli mobo, and a 3ghz dual core. I would go with four instead of two gigs on the ram though.

And if I were building an amd rig I would go with an amd chipset board. If aren't for sure gonna sli that is.
bacon12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-08, 02:05 PM   #44
Bearclaw
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Core 2 Quad Build - Thoughts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bacon12 View Post
Hard to argue with $270 for 2gigs, sli mobo, and a 3ghz dual core. I would go with four instead of two gigs on the ram though.

And if I were building an amd rig I would go with an amd chipset board. If aren't for sure gonna sli that is.
Total for the AMD build I posted with 2Gb of ram is 280. With 4Gb of ram it is 320. Not bad.

The intel builds are a bit higher around 480-500. The quad core alone is almost 100 dollars more. But it would be nice. I have to think all of this through...
  Reply With Quote

Old 07-10-08, 02:12 PM   #45
Tr1cK
not coming back
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 4,872
Default Re: Core 2 Quad Build - Thoughts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearclaw View Post
Total for the AMD build I posted with 2Gb of ram is 280. With 4Gb of ram it is 320. Not bad.

The intel builds are a bit higher around 480-500. The quad core alone is almost 100 dollars more. But it would be nice. I have to think all of this through...
The build I quoted you is $272. That includes shipping and also has a $25 Mail in rebate which would bring it down to $247 shipped. Seriously, AMDs pricing is not that competitive in the CPU arena. Clock for clock AMD still loses even against the E4-00 series. There is a reason why gamers have all went to Core 2 and left the Athlons behind.
Tr1cK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-08, 03:09 PM   #46
Feyy
Registered User
 
Feyy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Ireland
Posts: 1,160
Default Re: Core 2 Quad Build - Thoughts?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16819103249

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820146779

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16813131323

__________________
________________________________
| CPU: Intel Q6600 B3 @ 3Ghz
| Cooler: Zalman CNPS9700 LED
| Mobo: Intel D975XBX2
| GFX: Inno 3D 8800 GTS 640MB
| PhysX: EVGA 8400 GS 256MB
| Memory: 2x1GB OCZ Platinum Rev2 PC6400
| PSU: OCZ StealthXtreme 600W PSU
| Monitor: Acer G24
| HDD: 320GB Seagate Barracuda
| Case: NZXT Lexa Blackline [Blue]
| Mouse: Steelseries Xai
| Mouse mat: Steelseries 4HD
________________________________
Feyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-08, 03:18 PM   #47
Bearclaw
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Core 2 Quad Build - Thoughts?

If I was going to go with that CPU, I would just go with the q6600 and go that route. Same price.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-08, 06:53 PM   #48
Feyy
Registered User
 
Feyy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Ireland
Posts: 1,160
Default Re: Core 2 Quad Build - Thoughts?

I guess, but even if that was so i'd still go with the AMD myself now, to have something different.

Up to you really, i don't mind it's just AMD is interesting me lately

Anyone going for price/performance in my area i tell them get AMD and enthusiasts for Intel, as prices here in Ireland are substantially more
expensive than in US on everything.
__________________
________________________________
| CPU: Intel Q6600 B3 @ 3Ghz
| Cooler: Zalman CNPS9700 LED
| Mobo: Intel D975XBX2
| GFX: Inno 3D 8800 GTS 640MB
| PhysX: EVGA 8400 GS 256MB
| Memory: 2x1GB OCZ Platinum Rev2 PC6400
| PSU: OCZ StealthXtreme 600W PSU
| Monitor: Acer G24
| HDD: 320GB Seagate Barracuda
| Case: NZXT Lexa Blackline [Blue]
| Mouse: Steelseries Xai
| Mouse mat: Steelseries 4HD
________________________________
Feyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Diablo 3 Wizard build guide News Archived News Items 0 05-30-12 02:40 PM
Diablo 3 build guide: Barbarian, Demon Hunter, Monk, Witch Doctor and Wizard News Archived News Items 0 05-12-12 12:00 PM
CPUMark99 - how do you compare fuelrod Benchmarking And Overclocking 66 07-19-11 08:32 AM

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:15 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 1998 - 2014, nV News.