Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 07-29-08, 12:18 PM   #37
NiukNiuk
The one and only

Default Re: Titan Quest

Yeah titan quest is still awesome "graphically" (sp?)
There are tons of small details, like the grass that moves when your character or a monster goes through it.
The lightning engine is really cool, with the day/night cycles happening in real time (it changes the lightning/shadows on nearly everything that you see on your screen)
As mentioned earlier, finishing the game in normal difficulty is just the first part:
When you continue playing in harder difficulty levels, new weapons are available and new (huge) bosses appear.
And I wont mention the music, that I personnaly find awesome.

All these things made me reinstall titan quest as soon as I saw all these diablo 3 videos ^^
Ram: G.Skill Kit Extreme2 2 x 2 Go PC6400 PK
Video Card: Sapphire Radeon HD 4870 512 Mo
Sound Card: Asus Xonar D2 sound card
Monitor: Iiyama ProLite B2403WS -B1
NiukNiuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-08, 12:25 PM   #38
nekrosoft13
I'm Geralt

i finished the game, and was about to play for second time on higher difficulty and then my save game corrupted and everything was gone.

when i do reinstall, i will download a character or get some type of character builder (if there is one?) don't feel like going from start again, especially when i done it before.
Old 07-29-08, 12:39 PM   #39
NiukNiuk
The one and only

I think that the tqdefiler program can edit some settings and restore corrupted save games.
Tbh I didn't test this function ^^
And if you still have your corrupted save game, don't forget that there are several backups created, located in the savegame folder (my documents/my games/titan quest/save data/main/yourcharactername)
Old 07-29-08, 12:47 PM   #40
nekrosoft13
I'm Geralt

that was more then a year ago, when it corrupted i erased everything
Old 07-29-08, 12:56 PM   #41
NiukNiuk
The one and only

Oh, ok
Old 07-29-08, 05:06 PM   #42
styles-T
-========-

I gave the demo a shot and was impressed with the graphics and gameplay. Its fun if your into that diablo type game play. Ill be ordering this with the expansion off steam. Thanks to this thread. Its a shame that they didnt get any help from review sites and advertise the game more. It's definitely a keeper.
Old 07-29-08, 05:16 PM   #43
methimpikehoses

This game is a lot easier when you use your mastery skill, which I just discovered I had.

Old 07-29-08, 05:59 PM   #44
tornadog
Keeper of the Faith

strange!!! I installed this one too over the weekend. I liked it when it came out but there were so many games back then, so I stopped playing it, lost the save games during a format and never bothered. Now I was searching for something to play on the pc and this was the game that came to mind. And gotta say it runs smooth as butter on the abysmal 8400gs!

Old 08-02-08, 08:47 AM   #45
FastRedPonyCar
Resident Tire Destroyer

Send a message via AIM to FastRedPonyCar

downloading the gold package from steam. $20 ftw.
4770k @ 4.45 ghz - ASUS Gryphon Mobo - 16 gigs Corsair Vengeance Pro 1866 RAM - XSPC Rasa 750 RS240 H2o Cooling - EVGA GTX 680 @1325mhz - 128 gig Crucial RealSSD C300 - 150 gig Velociraptor +2.75 Terrabytes of WD Sata 3.0 storage - 910 watt PC P&C PSU - Corsair Obsidian 650D case

- Server -
Core I7 D0 revision 920 @ 3.75 ghz - ASUS P6T Deluxe - 12 Gigs Mushkin DDR3 1600 - Corsair HX 620 PSU - Noctua NH-U9B cooler - Coolermaster WaveMaster Case

- Laptop -
MSI 16F2-012
- i7 2630QM - GTX570m @ 750Mhz - 8 gigs HyperX 1866 - 120 gig OCZ Vertex 3 SSD- 750 gig Scorpio Black - BluRay - 95% Gamut Screen - IC Diamond goop
FastRedPonyCar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-08, 04:25 PM   #46
Hambone

I haven't read back on all the posts but:

1) You can use TQDefiler to Level up a new character but this will not give you the three extra inventory bags or all the stat and still points that are rewarded to you from quests. You will end up gimping yourself. There are other mods to get around those problems but most don't work on the last patch or the fan patch

2) Skill Calculator: http://www.titancalc.com/

3) Oracles are one of the best classes and can deal massive amounts of damage. The thing to understand is that there power is lightning based and you will have to stick with a Lightning damage staff. To not gimp at lower levels, there is a very specific way you should use your skill points: http://www.titanquest.net/forums/spi...ompendium.html

4) Iron Lore was never able to get funding before it closed to fix a laundry list of issues. There are massive amounts of bugs left after the last patch, but mostly those are calculation errors (item stat points, etc). There is a GREAT fan based patch that fixes a ton of things with Titan quest. It works on the disk and Steam version of the game (I'm using it). The only problem is if you use the fan based patch you can only play multi-player with another person also on the fan based patch.
http://www.tqitfanpatch.com/

5) There are mods to fix this, but if you simple delete all the videos in the IT:TQ folder, the game will not play the intro videos and will almost instantly load to the menu screen. You only have to delete or move the videos from the IT video folder.
Hambone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-08, 08:53 AM   #47
FastRedPonyCar
Resident Tire Destroyer

Send a message via AIM to FastRedPonyCar

thanks for the links hambone!

This game is AWESOME! Sooo addictive. It's crazy how similar it is to diablo. Even some of the weapon sounds are exactly the same. I'm very impressed. The game looks GREAT too.

I just rolled into Megara. I'm around level 8, using the earth/spirit Conjurer approach.

I'm primarily keeping the earth enchantment and brimstone on all the time to make the attacks deal more damage. It's to the point where I can hit them with a single arrow and they'll have dropped dead before they can get to me to attack. I also have put a few points into the volcanic orb attack. Manages to severely wound, if not kill most enemies. I think once it's built up more to have more splash damage, it'll be a good spell as it can reach enemies before they see me. As far as I can tell it seems to be one of the aurora type spells that's "always on" and doesn't cost energy. Sort of like the paladin's arouras.

I've only put one point into the life drain spell though. Doen't seem too effective yet but I'm going to be reading up on the point strategy on how I should be spending these. I wasted about 3 or 4 high level characters in diablo II due to mis placed skill points.

Quick question for those who may know: regarding the earth enchantment aroura and brimstone skill, if the earth enchantment is activated, does this automatically turn on the brimstone effects also?

Like if I have the burn and fire damage from the basic earth enchantment and then have brimstone also, does it add the burn and physical damage on TOP of what the earth enchantment adds to the attack? and when I add stone skin and volativity, do these effects also get added to the passive aroura? or do I have to turn off the earth enchantment and turn on another one to get it's effects?
4770k @ 4.45 ghz - ASUS Gryphon Mobo - 16 gigs Corsair Vengeance Pro 1866 RAM - XSPC Rasa 750 RS240 H2o Cooling - EVGA GTX 680 @1325mhz - 128 gig Crucial RealSSD C300 - 150 gig Velociraptor +2.75 Terrabytes of WD Sata 3.0 storage - 910 watt PC P&C PSU - Corsair Obsidian 650D case

- Server -
Core I7 D0 revision 920 @ 3.75 ghz - ASUS P6T Deluxe - 12 Gigs Mushkin DDR3 1600 - Corsair HX 620 PSU - Noctua NH-U9B cooler - Coolermaster WaveMaster Case

- Laptop -
MSI 16F2-012
- i7 2630QM - GTX570m @ 750Mhz - 8 gigs HyperX 1866 - 120 gig OCZ Vertex 3 SSD- 750 gig Scorpio Black - BluRay - 95% Gamut Screen - IC Diamond goop
FastRedPonyCar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-08, 11:36 AM   #48
Tygerwoody
mega ultra God Tit Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastRedPonyCar View Post
t
I've only put one point into the life drain spell though. Doen't seem too effective yet but I'm going to be reading up on the point strategy on how I should be spending these. I wasted about 3 or 4 high level characters in diablo II due to mis placed skill points.
Life Drain blows. Remove that point you spent.

If you have xfire or steam you should message me. My name is sarlaiel . I can tell you most everything you need to know about the Spirit class. I am a level 50 War/Spirit . I use more spirit skills than anything.
Tygerwoody is offline   Reply With Quote