Go Back   nV News Forums > Linux Support Forums > NVIDIA FreeBSD

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 07-13-08, 12:47 PM   #1
Bril

Post Current FreeBSD nForce support?

Hi guys, I'm looking to build a pfSense 1.2.1 based on FreeBSD 7.0 machine, and I am having difficulty finding a "sure thing" motherboard that is guaranteed to work. I have not found anything in the way of nForce drivers here, although on the FreeBSD 7.0 Release Hardware Notes here: http://www.freebsd.org/releases/7.0R...are.html#INTRO it states the following nForce chipsets as being supported:

nForce
nForce2
nForce3
nForce4

Can anyone inform me of what variations of these are known to work/not work under the default drivers?

Can anyone point me in the direction of current nForce FreeBSD drivers?

Can anyone point me in the direction of better motherboard chipset for FreeBSD?

If at all possible I would like to find something easily purchasable from Newegg, preferably server class but that is not a requirement.

I am also concerned about a SATA chipset driver, if anyone has any bones to throw me regarding that as well.

This is getting pretty difficult, Thanks in advance guys
Bril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-08, 06:19 PM   #2
rnejdl

Default Re: Current FreeBSD nForce support?

Bril,

This isn't exactly the right place for this question as this site is geared towards Nvidia drivers and the support for Nvidia that FreeBSD provides is not from Nvidia. That being said, I've had no issues with getting nforce boards to work with freebsd at all. Additionally, the sata support was significantly improved in FreeBSD 7 versus 6 so I don't think you should have any issues there. I'm running 100% sata on my system without issue.

Rusty Nejdl
rnejdl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-08, 05:01 PM   #3
Bril

Default Re: Current FreeBSD nForce support?

Eh yea no one has anything good to say about nForce and FreeBSD so I'm just gonna go Intel.
Bril is offline   Reply With Quote