Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > MMORPGs

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 07-15-08, 11:41 PM   #1
Dvahlish

Default Done with wow..now what?

Im over wow for awhile...finally.
Ill pick it up again when WOTLK ever get released

So..I need a new game to occupy my spare time.
Im thinking of Lineage II......has anyone ever played it?

There is no way in hell im touching AOC....it just looks very dull to me and yet Im yet to hear much good about it to be honest.

But..Lineage does look interesting, I just dont know alot about it in general.
Old 07-15-08, 11:47 PM   #2
DeusGear

Default Re: Done with wow..now what?

8gb G.Skill
Win7
DeusGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-08, 11:52 PM   #3
-=DVS=-
.:. Lafiel .:.

Talking Re: Done with wow..now what?

One day without virtual crack, go you
Old 07-15-08, 11:58 PM   #4
Dvahlish

Quote:
Originally Posted by -=DVS=- View Post
One day without virtual crack, go you
LOL
Nah..it never really was like that for me to be honest. I like the game and I have enjoyed it but it doesnt occupy my every waking moment
It something I do instead of watching TV....not something I do instead of...living a normal life.
I guess after 2 70's...I dont want to level another and I have just started to get bored and want to try a new game thats all.
Old 07-16-08, 01:46 AM   #5
shilk

I personally love Lineage II, but I don't think it's worth the monthly "fee".
Especially if it's only going to tide you over until WotLK.

If you need more info, PM me because I don't think it's something that can be talked about in public.
shilk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-08, 04:09 AM   #6
DoItForTheKids
More Tea Mr. Bike?

I personally played Lineage 2 a lot on retail, and private servers, (currently playing WoW) but if you were to go retail id say its past its prime, and the community is at low populations compared to WoW.

L2 will definitely take up a lot of time (leveling is much longer than WoW, and essentially no one does quests) if thats what you are looking for, from the class change quests, to sub class quests and 3rd class change quests () and then leveling it all over again for the sub class.

Best things about L2 though is the open pvp, kill anyone you don't like looking at you, massive pvps, clan wars, castle sieges (really fun imo). Also manipulating the world to affect others - Bored? Go ruin someones day! Buff mobs that people are attacking, train people with mobs etc (chance for them to drop their gear for your benefit). There is a chance you will lose gear or inventory items if you die by a monster, and you also lose experience (~4-5%), you will not drop any gear if a player kills you, unless you are "red" aka chaotic because you just killed someone for no reason and havnt "worked off the karma" yet by killing mobs.

At this point would be pretty hard for you to catch up with all the players who already are in top gear, ebaying might be an option...

But anyways I recommend L2, definitely a lot of fun and very social/political with all the things you can do to people

Bad thing with private servers is most of them have the game so skewed, some have edited classes, skills dont work like they should, some have easy donations (to keep server alive) and hence kids got weapons and armor that will rape you unless you donate. Although the most fun ive had is on private servers, but those were C3-C4 servers a while back. Id try to find a server that is near like retail and not too crazy on the donation side with a good population to test it out!

Enjoy.
DoItForTheKids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-08, 05:04 AM   #7
Badboy_12345

Lineage = one of the games that invented the word grind

Dont go there. Only asian people can have fun with that game

Well nothing new out now.. AoC bombed the patches sucked

Right now I am playing EVE Online try the 21 days trial on steam.
Its a really advanced mmorpg so it isnt for everyone. But I am having lots of fun.
Badboy_12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-08, 08:44 AM   #8
Sgt_Pitt

Warhammer man

don't be fooled by the crappy vids, the HD beta leaks looks sweet

Old 07-16-08, 09:08 AM   #9
Tr1cK
not coming back

LOTRO is pretty fun. It's a LOT like WoW, but with better graphics and more to do excluding PvP. PvE seems just as well done as WoW, if not better. The Monster Play (PvP) in it is pretty cool from what I've seen too. I haven't had a chance to play that part much. It's got some great co-op play and it's not all based around freebie arena epics. I'd give it a shot if you haven't already. I'm playing with some friends on Brandywine. Also, one of the coolest things is that you can learn a musical instrument skill in the game and then actually play it by hitting each note. You can bind individual notes to keys and jam away. I swear I heard someone playing Metallica on a lute the other day.

It's only $10 to buy and that comes with a free month. There is also a free trial for like 14 days, but it doesn't come with the highest resolution textures in that download. You can find them to download though or just get the install off the DVDs.
Tr1cK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-08, 01:05 PM   #10
winton

Send a message via AIM to winton

LOTRO is also 9.99 a month (6 month plan I believe). The most active PvMP is on Elendilmir.
I'm not good playing the instruments, but you can download abc files and play them. Eye of the tiger on bagpipes is hilariously funny.
winton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-08, 01:07 PM   #11
Tr1cK
not coming back

Quote:
Originally Posted by winton View Post
LOTRO is also 9.99 a month (6 month plan I believe). The most active PvMP is on Elendilmir.
I'm not good playing the instruments, but you can download abc files and play them. Eye of the tiger on bagpipes is hilariously funny.
ABC files? Please do tell.
Tr1cK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-08, 02:35 PM   #12
shilk

That was the only thing redeeming about LoTR:Online. It was pretty fun the first few days, but it got boring really fast for me. Don't get me wrong though. It's a great community which seems to gather the more mature crowds which is great, imo.

Anyway, when I got bored, I decided to give this music thing a try. Depending on your class you can learn instruments at level 5. Bards get pretty much all of them right off the bat. If you go to some sites, they have abc files that people have made which you can plop into your LotR documents folder. Then in-game, just type /music to get ready, then /play "song_name.abc" and your character will start playing it. Unfortunately, I was at the end of my trial when I did this, and I was actually drawing a crowd - made some gold to boot as well, lol.

Just save this as an .abc file in notepad and stick it in your username/Documents/The Lord of the Rings Online/Music folder.

Anyway, here's an example.
Code:
X: 1
T: Concerning Hobbits
C: The Lord of the Rings
N: Asphyx of Brandywine
I: Lute
Q: 1/4=120
M: 4/4
L: 1/8
K: D
D,2 A,2 D,2 A,2 |D,2 A,2 D,2 |d/D,/e/f A,a D,2f D,e/f/e |A,d D, A,e/f/F, aG, |
G,b D,d cG, zF, a |fA, F,g/f/ _e/E, =e A,z d/e |D,f aA, D,/f/e D,d e |
A,c/ z/ dz D, A,g/f/F, aG, |G,b D,2 G,a fF, |g/B, f F, E,e A, |
D,/d e/ A,2 D,2 A,2 |D,2d A,2 D,2 A,2 |D,/d/e/A,f DA, DA,f DA,f |
C,a/b/a/A,e CdA,e CA, CA, |B,A/B/B,c DcB, DB,d zD B |FG,2 G,2 B,2A EA, A,2 CA, |
M: 2/4
L: 1/16
C2A,2 C2A2A,2c2|
d/D, e/A,f DA,f DA, DA,a |f/G, g/f/G,e B,d eA, A,c zC c/d/c |zBB, B, DB, DB, DB, |zG, B, DB, DB, DB, |zA, B, D B, A, CA, |zB, B, DB, DB, DB, |zC, A, CA, CA, A, CA, |
d/D, e/A,f DA, DA,f zD f |e/^G, f/B,g EB,g EgB, zE g |f/_B, ^g/Cb FC FbCb Fb/Cb/ |_bF z |z |z |z |z |z |z |zD, A, D A, A, DA, |zA, A, C A, A, CA, |
zB, B, D B, B, DB, |zG, G, B,G, zA, A, CA, |zD, A, D A, A, DA, |zA, A, C A, A, CA, |zB, B, D B, B, DB, |zG, G, B,G, zA, A, CA, |zB, B, D B, B, DB, |zB, B, D B, B, DB, |
zG, G, B, G, G, B,G, |zA, A, C A, A, CA, |zB, B, D B, B, DB, |z B, D B, B, DB, |zG, B, D B, B, DB, |zA, A, C A, A, CA, |D, D, z |d/D, e/A,f DA, DA,f DA,f |a/C, b/a/A,e CdA,e CA, CA, |
A/B, B/B,c DB,c DB,d zD B |FG, G, B,A zA,E A, CA,F |D,D D,D z fa |cA, A, CA, CA, CA, |zB, B, DB, DB, DB, |zG, G, B,G, zA, A, CA, |d/e/ f a f e/f/e |
d z e/ f a |a b d c a |f g/f/ _e/ =e z/ d/e |f a f/e d e/ |c/ z/ d g/ f a |a b a f |g/ z/ f e |d/e/ z/ d- |d- |d z |
If you look at the top, the word Lute is bolded and red. This tells you what instrument the song is intended for. Using a different instrument yields bad sounds, heh. My hobbit was loving the attention playing the Hobbit theme (in Hobbiton!).

But then, you also get bastards that play these kinds of songs in Middle-Earth..

Code:
X: 1
T: Smells like Teen Spirit
C: Nirvana
T: Asphyx of Brandywine
G: Alternative Rock
I: Lute, Harp
Q: 1/4=200
K: C
CF,F,CF_B,_BF|_B,FB,FC_E^G,EG,G^C^C|
^C^C^GC_EGF,=CF,_B,_BF|_B_B,FC^G,_E^G,^CG^C|
CF,F,CF_B,_BF|_B,FB,FC_E^G,EG,G^C^C|
^C^C^GC_EGF,=CF,_B,_BF|_B_B,FC^G,_E^G,^CG^C|
^C,C,F,F,F,=cf_B,B,|_B,B,^G,G,G,G,^C,C,|
^C,C,F,F,F,=cf_B,B,|_B,B,^G,G,G,G,^C,C,|
_B,B,^G,G,G,G,^C,C,|^C,C,F,F,F,=CF,_E_B,B,F|_B,^GB,G,G,G,G,^C,FC,|^C,_EC,F,=CF,F,^C=CF,_B,B,B|_B,B,^G,^GG,G,BCG,^C,C,B|
^C,^GC,=GF,F,=CF,_EF,_B,B,F|_B,B,^GG,G,G,G,^C,FC,|^C,_EC,F,=CF,F,^CF,=C_B,B,B|_B,B,^G^G,G,BG,CG,^C,C,B|^C,^GC,=GF,F,F,^GF,=G_B,B,|
_B,^GB,=G^G,G,G,GG,=G^C,GC,|G^C,GC,FF,F,F,^GF,=G_B,B,|_B,^GB,=G^G,G,G,GG,=G^C,GC,|G^C,GC,FF,F,F,^GF,=G_B,B,|_B,^GB,=G^G,G,G,GG,=G^C,GC,|
^C,GGC,F,FF,F,^G=GF,_B,B,|_B,^GB,=G^G,G,G,GG,=G^C,C,G|
^C,^C^G,CF,=CF,F,F,F,F,_B,_B|_B,_BF,B^G,GG,G,G,G,G,^C,G|^C,G^G,GF,FF,F,F,F,F,_B,_B|_B,_BF,B^G,GG,G,G,G,G,^C,^C|
^C,^C^G,CF,=CF,F,F,F,F,_B,_B|_B,_BF,B^G,GG,G,G,G,G,^C,^C|
^C,^C^G,CF,=CF,F,F,F,F,_B,_B|
_B,_BF,B^G,GG,G,G,G,G,^C,G|^C,^G,4F,E,F,^F,F,|
BF,E,F,_B,|^G,4F,E,F,F,F,|BF,E,F,2_B,|^G,4F,E,F,F,F,G,F,F,F,F,F,F,_B,|
_B,B,^G,G,G,G,^C,C,|^C,C,F,F,F,F,_B,B,|
_B,B,^G,G,G,G,^C,C,|^C,C,F,F,F,=CF,_E_B,B,F|_B,B,^GG,G,G,G,^C,FC,|^C,_EC,F,=CF,F,^CF,=C_B,B,B|_B,B,^G,^GG,G,BG,C^C,C,B|
^C,^GC,=GF,F,F,=CF,_E_B,B,F|_B,B,^GG,G,G,G,^C,FC,|^C,_EC,F,=CF,F,^CF,=C_B,B,B|_B,B,^G,^GG,G,BG,C^C,C,B|^C,^GC,=GF,F,F,^GF,=G_B,B,|
_B,^GB,=G^G,G,G,GG,=G^C,C,G|^C,GC,GF,FF,F,^GF,=G_B,B,|_B,^GB,=G^G,G,G,GG,=G^C,C,G|^C,GC,GF,FF,F,^GF,=G_B,B,|_B,^GB,=G^G,G,G,GG,=G^C,C,G|
^C,GC,GF,FF,F,^GF,=G_B,B,|_B,^GB,=G^G,G,G,GG,=G^C,C,G|^C,GGC,GF,FF,F,F,F,F,_B,_B|_B,_BF,B^G,GG,G,G,G,G,^C,^C|
^C,^C^G,CF,=CF,F,F,F,F,_B,_B|_B,_BF,B^G,GG,G,G,G,G,^C,G|^C,G^G,GF,FF,F,F,F,F,_B,_B|_B,_BF,B^G,GG,G,G,G,G,^C,^C|
^C,^C^G,CF,=CF,F,F,F,F,_B,_B|_B,_BF,B^G,GG,G,G,G,G,^C,G|^C,G^G,GF,FF,F,F,F,F,_B,G|_B,GF,G^G,FG,G,G,G,G,^C,G|
^C,G^G,GF,FF,F,F,F,F,_B,G|_B,GF,G^G,FG,G,G,G,G,^C,G|^C,G^G,GF,FF,F,F,F,F,_B,G|_B,GF,G^G,FG,G,G,G,G,^C,G|
^C,G^G,GF,FF,F,F,F,F,_B,G|_B,GF,G^G,FG,G,G,G,G,^C,G|^C,G^G,GF,F|

But nothing about LoTR:Online really wanted me to stay and actually pay to play it. Other than the Tolkien refences, the game is mediocre at best. The models are pretty "bleh" even with the high-res texture pack. In DX10, it was looking a bit better, but there's just something missing in the game that I can't put my finger on.

I told my friend that if I bought the lifetime subscription for this game, at least I'd have all the time in the world to let the game mature and get better and more content is knocked out. But until then, the trial period was enough for me to uninstall it after I had my fill.
shilk is offline   Reply With Quote