Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > Console World

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 01-14-10, 05:06 PM   #13
JaylumX
Something Else

Default Re: Bayonetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by ralinn View Post
Just finished it on the 360. Fantastic game!

It's like DMC3 on speed... with about 30x the budget and epicness. This is probably now my favourite action game ever.

PLAY IT.
I am currently on chapter VI and i am enjoying this game immensley. I can't wait to complete it so i can go through it again on the harder difficulty. For now, i must concentraet on getting my enjoyment-worth out of this Awesome game.

i5 760 @ 4.0 | P7P55D-E | 8GB DDR3 | 60 & 120GB SSD - 1TB SATA 2 | HD 7950 @ 1200/6300 | HDAV 1.3 | HD598

Xbox 360 120GB | PS3 40GB | Wii 8GB | Sony KDL-32EX723BU
JaylumX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-10, 06:51 PM   #14
ralinn
Masters

I'm going to start my second playthrough now, I unlocked quite a bit on completion but I still have more weapons to buy

I LOVE the soundtrack to this game also. Really well done.

IMO, this is how DMC4 should have been.

3Dmark06 Score: Who the **** actually cares?
360 & PSN ID: ralinn
ralinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-10, 08:03 PM   #15
Mr. Hunt
Rectal Gravy Connoisseur

Great game, the port on PS3 isn't as bad as I was lead to believe, but it still isn't pretty. Definitely able to look past it though... almost finished with the game on Infinite Climax mode (hardest difficulty).... just got like... 4 easy chapters to go, I think.
Mr. Hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-10, 02:12 PM   #16
DansFace

I wish they would port it to the PC :[

i5 2500k @ 5.0 GHZ cooled with a H70, ASRock Z68 Extreme3 Gen3, CORSAIR Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) , Radeon 6970 2GB, X-Fi Music, and Corsair 650w
DansFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-10, 03:12 PM   #17
Mr. Hunt
Rectal Gravy Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butter Bandit View Post
LOL, seriously, the hardest difficulty is called "Infinite Climax"? That's the name of my finishing move in bed.
Well, technically it is "Non-Stop (Infinite sign) Climax"... basically it seemed the same as Hard mode, but you could NOT activate witch time by dodging attacks.

Anyway, I got my Platinum on this on Friday and still have stuff to do in the game :\.
Old 01-18-10, 03:33 PM   #18
ralinn
Masters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hunt View Post
Well, technically it is "Non-Stop (Infinite sign) Climax"... basically it seemed the same as Hard mode, but you could NOT activate witch time by dodging attacks.

Anyway, I got my Platinum on this on Friday and still have stuff to do in the game :\.
Do you have the ability to parry yet? I find that more helpful when witch time can't be used )

3Dmark06 Score: Who the **** actually cares?
360 & PSN ID: ralinn
ralinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-10, 03:48 PM   #19
Mr. Hunt
Rectal Gravy Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by ralinn View Post
Do you have the ability to parry yet? I find that more helpful when witch time can't be used )
Yeah, and I love using parry, but witch time is sooo nice lol. And when you use the moon of kahaa to block and counter, you miss A LOT of the time because the mob moves and witch time doesn't activate... I think the only way for witch time to activate on IC mode is the Time Bracelet or Selene's Light.
Old 01-28-10, 02:30 PM   #20
LurkerLito

Looks like they patched it for the loading issues

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/01/28/ba...rldwide-today/

Main PC: Asus P8Z77-V Deluxe ; Intel i7-3770k ; GSkill Ripjaws X Series 16GB DDR3 2133 (2x8GB) ; Seasonic X Series X-1050 PSU ; Corsair H100 ; EVGA GTX-670 ; Mushkin 240GB SSD system drive
Old PC: ABIT IP35 Pro ; Intel Core2 Quad Q6600 ; Patriot 6GB (3x2GB) DDR2 800 RAM ; EVGA GTX480 SC ; Antec P190 Case ; EnzoTech Ultra120 CPU Cooler
LurkerLito is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-28-10, 04:04 PM   #21
JaylumX
Something Else

I completed the game yesterday and i enjioyed the experience immensley....you know what...sack it...i'm so lazy so i'll just cut and paste what i posted on another forum for me to get across how much i like this game and why those who may be judging the game by its cover (i know its easy to get alienated by the games absurdist, random and extremely Japanese overtones) but i feel some may be doing themselves a diservice (sp)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaillum Malord
Just finished Beyonetta and i must say it was a fantastic and fun experience just as i expected it would (TBH when i saw the gameplay videos for the first time, i knew instantly i would like the game).

My nit-picks are that the film-strip sequences are annoying and destroy the sense of pace and urgency making it feel out of place and unfinished, and the game was a little too short on Normal difficulty cause i wanted more

I like the fact that the designers allowed you to play some denuemont (sp) sequences and there is some nice credit gameplay going on also plus there is a nice treat for us guys at the end

Again i will mention that the games strength lies in its fantastic combat engine - there are so many moves at your disposal that the possibilities for combos is limitless thanks to how seemless one move flows into another. It is litterally mind boggling how many moves you can do one almost feels overwhelmed but if you have Zen-like-reflexes (ala The Matrix ) you'll make it through.

I know this game looks like a brainless button masher from the preview videos and it appears that there is a lot going on but like i said Zen-like-reflexes is a must. TBH i used to think the Ninja Gaidens games and Devil May Cry games were brainless button masher when i initially saw its game play which is why i avoided those games for so long. I am so glad i discovered those game cause it means experience Beyonetta

To judge this book by its cover is not only doing this game a diservice (sp) but also your self imho

It is your choice at the end of the day cause all i can do is tell you of my story

Now for Bioshock 2 although i have become very curious about Mass Effect 2 (my curiousity alowed me to discover NG and DMC)

i5 760 @ 4.0 | P7P55D-E | 8GB DDR3 | 60 & 120GB SSD - 1TB SATA 2 | HD 7950 @ 1200/6300 | HDAV 1.3 | HD598

Xbox 360 120GB | PS3 40GB | Wii 8GB | Sony KDL-32EX723BU
JaylumX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-10, 10:30 PM   #22
Moo
*BANNNED*

Just finished this game. Epic.
Moo is offline   Reply With Quote