Go Back   nV News Forums > Linux Support Forums > NVIDIA Linux

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 08-08-08, 12:33 PM   #49
Monolyth
Meow Mix Kills

Default Re: Please stop that bashing...

I agree with point A, but disagree with point B.

We need to think outside the box on this one...

Storage 2.0
Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3-iSSD | Core i7 2600K @ 4.5Ghz NH-D14 | 16GB G.Skill@1600Mhz | Areca 1880ix-16 RAID HBA
Temp Storage - 1.8TB (4x450GB Hitachi 15k RPM SAS) | 18TB (12x3TB Hitachi RAID10) | HSPC Tech Station | Corsair HX620 | Windows 7 x64
Monolyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-08, 07:18 PM   #50
TheBlackCat

cjcox, once again you are operating under the assumption that everyone has a choice in what graphics card they get. That simply is not the case. Laptop users are stuck with what they bought the system with.
TheBlackCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-08, 06:25 PM   #51
cjcox

Eh... laptops users had to make a choice of what laptop to buy. We buy laptops with Nvidia because we will/might use them with Linux. At least... but if Nvidia continues to move away from Linux... that will change. Again, I was kind of impressed with the way the Intel built-in detected all of the monitors connected to it and allowed you to change the resolution on each however you wanted. Pretty impressive.
cjcox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-08, 06:53 PM   #52
tilseboy

The intention of my first post was stop that "Digg It" posts or threads where people start to talk with aaronp like "oooooo poor aaron...".
We are disappointed. Me too. It's a long time with this slow ui.
And it is okay for me to write that down. But not in a insultung or agitating way.

Cheers
Michael
tilseboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-08, 09:19 PM   #53
jesso

WTF! Pls stop bashing nvidia? I went and bought a $300 card thinking I was getting something better.

This is a business. I should get what I paid for. I am a not windows user. I am a Linux user!

Not an offical nvidia support forum? What bull s_IT!
jesso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-08, 12:41 AM   #54
logan

Quote:
Originally Posted by tilseboy View Post
The intention of my first post was stop that "Digg It" posts
And sweep it under the rug? Nope, no problems here... Business is on the up and up, "the way it's meant to be played", and all that...

Quote:
or threads where people start to talk with aaronp like "oooooo poor aaron...".
What threads? Who are these villainous individuals?

Quote:
But not in a insultung or agitating way.
This thread is insulting. Posts saying Linux support is a hobby and that people should have known what they were getting into are insulting. I'm agitated by my poor investment, reminded of it every time I sit down at my computer, when viewing this forum, or when I catch a glimpse of the $275 paper weight sitting in my closet. I'm agitated that I have to continuously take a defensive position against unthinking individuals, who attempt to downplay the situation and dismiss this as a minor inconvenience, who claim we're in the wrong or somehow to blame. The only thing we did wrong was to put up with it for so long.

This has been an exhausting experience. It's not supposed to be this way.
logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-08, 12:59 PM   #55
_Inferno_

Quote:
Originally Posted by logan View Post
And sweep it under the rug? Nope, no problems here... Business is on the up and up, "the way it's meant to be played", and all that...

What threads? Who are these villainous individuals?

This thread is insulting. Posts saying Linux support is a hobby and that people should have known what they were getting into are insulting. I'm agitated by my poor investment, reminded of it every time I sit down at my computer, when viewing this forum, or when I catch a glimpse of the $275 paper weight sitting in my closet. I'm agitated that I have to continuously take a defensive position against unthinking individuals, who attempt to downplay the situation and dismiss this as a minor inconvenience, who claim we're in the wrong or somehow to blame. The only thing we did wrong was to put up with it for so long.

This has been an exhausting experience. It's not supposed to be this way.
Here Here. Nvidia needs to start taking these driver issues seriously. I think this may be a direct result to their partnership with Microsoft. I have even heard they have stopped providing XP drivers for some lines of cards to force people onto Vista. Wtf?? You call that customer support? I am nothing short of disgusted by what is going on here. People have a right to be pissed and to display that anger here in the forums. Otherwise nothing changes and we are supposed to just sit here and eat ****.

Dave
_Inferno_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-08, 10:32 PM   #56
Sasha_A
Slackware!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawels133 View Post
Just stop saying bul**** please. KDE4 runs very smooth on concurent cards so your arguments are stupid. If I bought nvidia card I suppose it would fully support my operating system which is far better than windows or macos. It doesn't matter for me that ms has monopol, my card should work as I suppose, because I paid for it. I'm not interested in crap like xbox etc. Nvidia doesn't provide good drivers for Linux and AMD/Ati does so I will buy AMD/Ati card in the future and now I will complain, because I'm unhappy nvidia card owner.
I won't lower myself to your level by calling you a stupid asshole, because I don't visit this forum to insult people; however, I will point out two things:

1) your post makes little to no sense, but..
2) you have managed to at least express your opinion of my arguments; nothing more.

Opinions really aren't very valuable.

Sasha,

happy non-game-playing linux-using customer.
Sasha_A is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-13-08, 12:54 AM   #57
MamiyaOtaru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasha_A View Post
I won't lower myself to your level by calling you a stupid asshole, because I don't visit this forum to insult people;
Very good. In that case, I won't call you a disingenuous prick.

..see the thing is you can't say "I won't call you X" because you actually are while pretending not to, which is super lame.
MamiyaOtaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-08, 06:46 AM   #58
iloncar

I don't give much for 3D.
I only wish fast and decent 2D, working compiz and working HIBERNATE and SUSPEND on my notebook.

Nvidia fails in these areas. Intel is definitive winner, ATI second choice. Unfortunately I am unable to replace notebook graphic card, so I reserve my right to express my disappointment. If you think it's bashing so be it!
iloncar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-08, 12:17 PM   #59
pawels133

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasha_A View Post
I won't lower myself to your level by calling you a stupid asshole, because I don't visit this forum to insult people; however, I will point out two things:

1) your post makes little to no sense, but..
2) you have managed to at least express your opinion of my arguments; nothing more.

Opinions really aren't very valuable.

Sasha,

happy non-game-playing linux-using customer.
My level? Just look in the sky... That what you wrote in previous posts is such a idiotic crap as I've never read. So I won't express my opinions right now, because answering you is just waste of my time. But if want to go further with such dumb 'arguments' I will answer you (maybe).

Quote:
happy non-game-playing linux-using customer
Those what we're complaining here about are not games... Do you think you're smarter/better because you don't play games? XD
Old 08-13-08, 01:03 PM   #60
ZicoTheTux

Hmm I just got out my NVidia 9600GT box.... I read here.... "Supported Operating Systems: Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows Vista..." .... hmmm no word about Linux... odd. Theoretically I have no right to complain if I RTFM.

Seriously: The driver has to be fixed but this "I have paid for this... XYZ" just does not work. No one ever said that. For KDE I'm currently using the nv driver and it works. For games I use xgame for a second session and it's awesome. That would be the easiest workaround.
ZicoTheTux is offline   Reply With Quote