Go Back   nV News Forums > Linux Support Forums > General Linux

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 05-13-03, 02:33 PM   #1
DragonLord

Smile 8RDA+ + RH9 + Networking

I downloaded NVIDIA_nforce-1.0-0256.src.rpm and done rpmbuild --rebuild on it. It reported a few errors but this was on the audio section and as I've got an Audigy card weren't bothered about this.

I then changed to /usr/src/redhat/BUILD/nforce/nvnet and ran make (nothing to do) then make install and this reported ok.

I then found it had created a nvnet.o file in /lib/modules/2.4.20-8/kernel/drivers/net and on a reboot of system it detected the card and wanted to install it, so let it and now got my network working.

The only other thing I noticed was that it wanted to remove my firewire port which I let it

It also created a file called nvnet.gz, do i just keep this file to make the driver in future or do i keep the nvnet.o file

thanks

DragonLord
DragonLord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-03, 09:20 PM   #2
Feiticeiro[PT]

I have the same motherboard just like yours, but i can install the ethernet card.
I have try, on the konsole, the command "make", on the tar file, and it have give me the following error:

[root@localhost nforce]# make
make -C nvnet
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/feiticeiro/Desktop/Claudio/nforce/nvnet'
cc -c -DLINUX -DMODULE -DEXPORT_SYMTAB -D__KERNEL__ -O -Wstrict-prototypes -DCONFIG_PM -fno-strict-aliasing -mpreferred-stack-boundary=2 -march=i686 -falign-functions=4 -DMODULE -I/usr/src/linux-2.4.21/include nvnet.c
make[1]: cc: Command not found
make[1]: *** [nvnet.o] Error 127
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/feiticeiro/Desktop/Claudio/nforce/nvnet'
make: *** [nvnet_make] Error 2
[root@localhost nforce]#

I have thy with the rpm file so, but it says the the command "rpmrebuild" it's not valid...

Have any clue about this to help me?
Feiticeiro[PT] is offline   Reply With Quote