Go Back   nV News Forums > Linux Support Forums > NVIDIA Linux

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 08-06-08, 09:08 PM   #1
Kaziya

Default Multiseat with twinview/xinerama

Hi,

what i have currently set up is a tri head setup with 2 nvidia cards and 3 monitors, the first 2 i have setup with twinview on the first card, and i have the third monitor setup on the second card and am using the xorg xinerama info patch from the post http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/show...t=85604&page=2 post for the xinerama info for all of this to work as a full tri head.

but what i want and i am at a loss on how to get it to work, is have to have the 2 twinview monitors left as the are, but the 3rd monitor as a separate desktop (so windows will not open on it) because i use it more like a tv then a 3rd display, and since window management does not cooperate and not put windows there i want to make it to its own desktop with its own kmenu (running kde) ect, which if i remove the xineramainfo line that i have in from the patch i almost get that, the only issue is, xorg treats the twinview display as 1 screen 1 large display and windows maximize across them rather then treating them as 1 screen 2 displays and only maximizing across one display.

any suggestions on what i am doing wrong or what would help would be greatly appreciated.
attached is my current xorg.conf

Thanks
Kaziya
Attached Files
File Type: txt xorg.conf.txt (3.5 KB, 122 views)

Last edited by Kaziya; 08-09-08 at 08:45 AM.
Kaziya is offline   Reply With Quote