Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 08-08-08, 01:17 PM   #25
evox
:3

Default Re: Far Cry 2 System Requirements Revealed

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhuala View Post
I've lost track, when is this one due out, eta??

Instead of 8800gtx, recommending a $150, 4850
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814102747

prob wouldn't sting too many people and would prob get you pretty good fps at a decent resolution...
I remember Steam had the date listed, but they removed it. It now shows October 2008. Can't remember the date sadly.

http://www.steampowered.com/v/index....d=900587&cc=US
evox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-08, 02:28 PM   #26
Quarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamingawake View Post
Far Cry 2 will run better than Crysis.

If you think otherwise you're just stupid.

I'm willing to bet $100 it will run better.
You're the stupid one, for thinking it'll run better with no proof. Sure, it may, but you just said it'll run better just because you said so.
Quarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-08, 11:06 PM   #27
jAkUp
eat. sleep. overclock.

Crytek has nothing to do with FC2, FC2 does not use the Crytek engine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastRedPonyCar View Post
no. I've yet to see compelling screenshots of FC2 that shows any substancial difference in graphics. It's like they took cryengine 2 and rather than jungle, you're in the savanna.

It's like they tweaked the explosions and smoke and retained the same grass, trees, shading on textures, etc. They can say it's a totally different game engine all they want but the fact of the matter is, when I look at the screenshots posted at places like IGN and gamespot, it looks like a crysis mod to me.

Oh and you guys are referring to concept screenshots in your arguement, lets not forget what Crytek did with crysis by showing us one thing and giving us something else, not to mention Cevat Yerli saying they would eventually give us higher resolution shaders or whatever he claimed they didn't ship with the game that would re-revolutionize it's graphics when newer hardware was out.

Anyways, yeah they can make a pretty game but that doesn't excuse them from all the lies and deceit they've fed us.

Quad core optimization? Lie
DX10 exclusives? Lie
Upgrade patch for next gen hardware? Pff.. don't count on it.
New engine for FC2? HA!
8600gts recommended?

They need to cut the BS and say look, bring at least an 8800GTX to the table or suffer with washed down bottom of the barrel graphics. They wouldn't make any friends with that kind of statement but it was the harsh reality crysis owners discovered during the betas which again, crytek promised better performance with the full release but OH What's that??? No performance increase at all? What a surprise!

Understand that I'm not slamming their product because I loved crysis; I'm mad at them for saying one thing and giving us something else. I'm mad that they still are playing us for idiots who don't know any better when the truth is right in front of us. It makes ZERO sense to totally build and engine up from scratch when they've got an engine that has years of potential right in front of them. It would be like valve taking source and tossing it aside to write a totally new engine for EP1 and another for EP2. No, they improved upon what they had and it seems like that's what was done for FC2. I see tweaks here and there to an already familiar face and if you guys don't see that, it's YOU who needs to take a good look at the screenshots and compare vegetation, smooth surfaces, the ground textures, the water surface, etc.
Old 08-09-08, 11:22 PM   #28
Yaboze

jAkUp speaks the truth, FC2 is Ubisoft.

http://tinyurl.com/64ube5
Yaboze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-08, 06:50 AM   #29
Vik1dk

Quote:
Originally Posted by SH64 View Post
A big one too.
I just dont want to know
GA-EX38-DQ6 | E8400 @3.8 Ghz | 2x2GB Corsair 8500 C5D | XFX 8800 GTS 512 | 2x WD2500YS(RE/sataII) | SAMSUNG S203D DVD-RW | X-FI(XM)| BenQ E2200 HDA | TT 750 Toughpower PSU(4x18A/60A combined) | Antec 900 | Logitech G5 v.2/Razer DeathAdder | Logitech G15 | WinXp x64 sp2/2008 server x64
Vik1dk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-08, 09:20 AM   #30
SH64
MAXIMUM TECH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vik1dk View Post
I just dont want to know

- "My name is RAM and my tank is full"

http://warhawk64nv.mybrute.com/ <-- pupils go thaarrr! Or,
http://silenthunter64.mybrute.com
SH64 is offline   Reply With Quote