Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 08-08-08, 06:57 PM   #13
crainger

Send a message via AIM to crainger
Default Re: Lower PC GoW scores is Bullshi*

Quote:
Originally Posted by K007 View Post
GoW was not special...i don't know what he is ****ting about...

It might also help if you release it across all platforms at the same time...without the live royalty bull****.
I was special on the 360. When people rave about it, it's usually because they have played the co-op with a friend, side by side on the same couch. It's a blast, you can come up with some great tactics and try to out do each other wish over the top kills. As you said though, when it came to PC, almost everyone had done it before, seen it before, so they just were not excited.
crainger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-08, 07:29 PM   #14
nutcrackr
Super Registered User

I think if you delay games releases across platforms you are generally going to get a poorer score, it's how the industry works. Just like expansion packs get a generally lower score, for about the same money's worth. Why, because it's not new.

I also tend to agree that standards are higher, console gamers can swear blue murder if you like but PC gamers have soooo many games to compare, consoles usually only have that generation, as if there is a blockage when it's not on the same system.

Orange box being the exception last year, which deserved to score higher on PC

COD 4, PS3 - 94.16% 360 - 93.68% PC - 92.7%

UT3, PS3 - 86.07% PC - 83.53%

You can find exceptions, but I'd be prepared to back Action/Shooter titles scoring higher on consoles. RTS games score higher on PC due to controls more often than not. Bioshock was close - PC down still. Mass Effect close - PC down still.

Maybe it could be a reflection of the game reviewers, PC game reviewers more jaded, been there done that attitudes? Or maybe it's the money under the tables by the big corps to console reviewers. I thought gears for PC played well, added some new stuff, had good mp. I think 94% to 87% is rather unfair.
nutcrackr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-08, 08:45 PM   #15
JohnDio

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutcrackr View Post
Bioshock was close - PC down still. Mass Effect close - PC down still.
Speaking of Mass Effect... it really is an amazing game and it runs so smooth . This is definitely among the best ports i've ever seen. Cudos to Bioware
JohnDio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-08, 08:49 PM   #16
Noriega
你妈妈喜欢的阴茎

Wonder what score will have GTA IV. 10/10 this game really does not deservse it on consoles either.
Old 08-08-08, 09:15 PM   #17
Chubz
In the Asylum

Console games are accustomed to mediocre titles that they claim as being godlike. Hell, just look at Halo.

That's all.
Chubz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-08, 10:02 PM   #18
K007

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutcrackr View Post
I think if you delay games releases across platforms you are generally going to get a poorer score, it's how the industry works. Just like expansion packs get a generally lower score, for about the same money's worth. Why, because it's not new.

I also tend to agree that standards are higher, console gamers can swear blue murder if you like but PC gamers have soooo many games to compare, consoles usually only have that generation, as if there is a blockage when it's not on the same system.

Orange box being the exception last year, which deserved to score higher on PC

COD 4, PS3 - 94.16% 360 - 93.68% PC - 92.7%

UT3, PS3 - 86.07% PC - 83.53%

You can find exceptions, but I'd be prepared to back Action/Shooter titles scoring higher on consoles. RTS games score higher on PC due to controls more often than not. Bioshock was close - PC down still. Mass Effect close - PC down still.

Maybe it could be a reflection of the game reviewers, PC game reviewers more jaded, been there done that attitudes? Or maybe it's the money under the tables by the big corps to console reviewers. I thought gears for PC played well, added some new stuff, had good mp. I think 94% to 87% is rather unfair.
Or maybe they could release the game at the same time, so a review site can talk about the game etc, then move next to the difference between the platforms...gow was released much later on the pc version and its hard to review something like that when you already reviews it before/played it/etc..
K007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-08, 11:26 PM   #19
JasonPC

That MadTV "This is bullsh*t" skit popped in my mind when I read this
JasonPC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-08, 11:55 PM   #20
Destroy

GoW maybe a great game on console but is only a good game on PC. I was chainsawing baddies 15 years ago.

Is Epic really that naive in how the different markets view games? Epic has lost total touch of what the PC market wants and requires.

Looking forward to Epic's b*tching and moaning about UT3 scores 3 months from now.

Vista64 Home Premium
Gigabyte GA-EP35C-DS3R
CPU E8500 with Corsair H50 cooler
HIS 6970, always 19x10res
Memory 8 Gig OCZ 1000@1024
Display Westinghouse 37" LVM-37w1 LCD monitor
Destroy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-09-08, 09:07 AM   #21
Lith1um

Maybe it's just my TN panel, but GoW and all other UT3 games look like living crap to my eyes. I truly hate the color pallet. Everything looks gray/blue.

I bought GoW pc and never played it past the first half hour. I just think it's the worst gameplay I've played since FEAR, which I also thought sucked incredibly bad. I hate wave shooters.
Lith1um is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-08, 09:36 AM   #22
crainger

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnDio View Post
Speaking of Mass Effect... it really is an amazing game and it runs so smooth . This is definitely among the best ports i've ever seen. Cudos to Bioware
Everyone needs to remember Bioware did NOT do the port. Demiurge Studios did the port.
Old 08-09-08, 11:13 AM   #23
ralinn
Masters

Saying PC gamers like 'higher quality games than consoles' is quite laughable. In a FPS or TPS like GoW I would agree, as the PC does them better. But higher quality games in general? Giggle. It's quite the opposite. Or are we judging on GFX alone again?

Judging console games on Halo alone is just a typical PC gamer comment. We all know Halo is over rated, but so have many PC games been.

3Dmark06 Score: Who the **** actually cares?
360 & PSN ID: ralinn
ralinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-08, 07:58 PM   #24
crainger

I agree, if I'd only settled for high quality games, I'd have never played Vampire: Bloodlines which is one of the greatest buggiest games ever and is still one of the most popular RPGs out there, it has 2 constantly upto date community patches, this is something special considering the actual developer closed down before the first and only official patch came out. THAT really shows how the PC audience differs from the consoles, and it's almost impossible to know which games we will embrace, and which we will not.