Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 08-12-08, 09:54 PM   #1
nekrosoft13
I'm Geralt

Default Batman: Arkham Asylum Revealed (PC, PS3, RROD_Box)

Game Informer subscribers are in for a real treat this month. We’re proud to bring you the world-exclusive first look at Batman: Arkham Asylum from Rocksteady Studios and Eidos. This completely original title explores Gotham City’s darkest location, the infamous Arkham Asylum. But as a routine prison transfer goes wrong, the Joker sets his demented plan into action and Batman comes face to face with an army of his worst enemies. In a dark and gritty setting reminiscent of Bioshock (with a story co-written by Paul Dini), Arkham Asylum is setting the stage for a true-to-character Batman game. Also in the new issue, readers will find the top 25 games from E3 2008, an in-depth interview with Maxis’ chief designer, Will Wright and much, much more. Stay tuned to Game Informer Online as well because Unlimited readers will get screenshots, interviews and more for our cover story plus other great content on Aug 18.

Publisher Eidos has pulled back the cape on Batman: Arkham Asylum, an original Batman game exploring the infamous mental facility. Described as a dark and gritty title in the vein of BioShock, Arkham Asylum appears not to be based on the comic of the same name. Instead, the original game's story was co-written by Paul Dini, who is best known for his work as a writer, producer and editor on Batman: The Animated Series. Powered by Epic's Unreal Engine 3, the over-the-shoulder action and detective game is being created by Rocksteady Studios, developers of Urban Chaos: Riot Response. The title is slated to hit PC, PS3 and Xbox 360 in 2009.

http://gameinformer.com/News/Story/2...1226.23309.htm

more info here (countdown)
http://www.rocksteadyltd.com/
Old 08-13-08, 12:41 AM   #2
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Send a message via AIM to NarcissistZero
Default Re: Batman: Arkham Asylum Revealed (PC, PS3, RROD_Box)

I look forward to getting the mag in the mail... I'm a big fan of the Batman, ever since I was a little kid.

That said... Eidos? Meh.
NarcissistZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-08, 12:37 PM   #3
nekrosoft13
I'm Geralt

first shots of new batman game

http://computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=195354

The first screenshots of Eidos and Rocksteady's Batman game have appeared on the internet - and they look fantastic.

Advertisement:
Batman: Arkham Asylum - which has nothing to do with the Bale films - is a dark and gritty action-come-stealth game based on the DC Comic books.

Combat focuses on both stealth and speed with the use of only three buttons; attack, throw and stun. There are also plenty of boss battles in the game, which apparently requires you to use various gadgets to keep Batman on top.

"Batman: Arkham Asylum offers players the chance to battle Gotham's worst villains with Batman's physical and psychological strength in a graphically distinct and story-driven game," said Warner Bros Interactive Entertainment boss Martin Tremblay.

"We look forward to working with Eidos on expanding DC Comics' world-renowned character Batman in the game space with a noticeably different feature set in an incredibly dark interactive environment," he added.
Old 08-16-08, 12:44 PM   #4
nekrosoft13
I'm Geralt

Old 08-16-08, 09:23 PM   #5
K007

well...i hope it turns out good..only 1 game that has come from a movie which has been great..and thats reddick.
K007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-08, 09:25 PM   #6
|MaguS|

Quote:
Originally Posted by K007 View Post
well...i hope it turns out good..only 1 game that has come from a movie which has been great..and thats reddick.
Not based off the movie at all...

Hmmm, Atleast they are doing some good villians. Joker, Riddler and Killer Croc... Now just add Harley Quinn, Poison Ivy, Baine, Catwoman, Ra's Al Ghoul, Hush and Red Hood.
Old 08-16-08, 10:27 PM   #7
LORD-eX-Bu
Horus the pointy master

awesome
Old 08-16-08, 11:36 PM   #8
crainger

Send a message via AIM to crainger

Looks awesome, hope it plays awesome too.
crainger is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-16-08, 11:49 PM   #9
nekrosoft13
I'm Geralt

entire game supposedly takes place in Arkham, wouldn't that seriously limit gameplay?
Old 08-17-08, 08:03 AM   #10
FearMeAll

I think this is the best looking game I've ever seen in terms of what it is going for. Just wow. There hasn't really ever been a good batman game and they really seem to be trying to achieve something great here. I will keep this one monitored.
[FONT="Courier New"] HTPC: Intel Wolfdale 3ghz, 4 gigs DDR2 800 ram, 500gig HDD, Craptastic 7600GS, Windows 7 32bit, XBMC installed [/FONT] :D
[B]My Video Encoding/Office rig:[/B] [I] Intel QX9650 @ 3ghz, 1333mhz FSB, 4gigs Patriot Extreme DDR3 @ 1333mhz, XFX 790i 3-way Sli mobo, Xf-Fi Extreme Gamer, 400watt Fanless Power Supply, 9500GT 64-bit bus(ouch!), 8.750TB HDD, Windows 7 64-bit Ultimate. [B][FONT="Arial Narrow"]Everything at stock and completely boring..[/FONT][/B][/I] :type:
FearMeAll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-08, 09:07 AM   #11
ralinn
Masters

Looks pretty cool and I like the style of Batman, but I really don't like the look of the Joker in this.

I'm probably being really pissy with this (OK, I am), but on the close up of the jokers face, he just looks like a generic reskinned thug with makeup and really OTT clothes. I was expecting to see a much 'darker' Joker to suite the rest of the style, but he looks a little too colourful for my liking.

OK, he IS the Joker so he's going to be a little colourful... but I think the style of the Joker in The Dark Knight would have suited this a lot more.

Note: I never read any of the comics so I'm probably speaking a load of C**k!

3Dmark06 Score: Who the **** actually cares?
360 & PSN ID: ralinn
ralinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-08, 10:10 AM   #12
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Send a message via AIM to NarcissistZero

Quote:
Originally Posted by ralinn View Post
Looks pretty cool and I like the style of Batman, but I really don't like the look of the Joker in this.

I'm probably being really pissy with this (OK, I am), but on the close up of the jokers face, he just looks like a generic reskinned thug with makeup and really OTT clothes. I was expecting to see a much 'darker' Joker to suite the rest of the style, but he looks a little too colourful for my liking.

OK, he IS the Joker so he's going to be a little colourful... but I think the style of the Joker in The Dark Knight would have suited this a lot more.

Note: I never read any of the comics so I'm probably speaking a load of C**k!
The game has to be based on the comics, not the movies, due to license issues. Therefore Ledger's Joker is out.
NarcissistZero is offline   Reply With Quote