Newegg Daily Deals

Old 09-15-08, 11:48 AM   #121
JoJomomo
*BANNED*

Default Re: NVIDIA says it will win back performance leadership this year

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginfest View Post
Someone should ban this type of post
At least these guys are up front about their affiliation. Have you ever heard of "Highpoint" ?
Check it out, it seems that AMD/ATI has/had their own type of secret "marketing" folks.
In fact , since the current gen was released it appears that there are many of same posting at various forums, all in the guise of "regular users".
And Rollo is right, you didn't refute anything he said, just threw out a troll post.
Dude please stfu, if you have been paying attention at all and read rollo's other millions of post constantly doing nothing but bashing ATI you would see why he is so hated around here. The guys is seriously nothing but a troll and I find it shameful that no one is willing to do anything about it.
JoJomomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-08, 12:26 PM   #122
Heinz68

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollo View Post
The 4870X2 and GTX280 are not comparable products, although they are both single slot graphics solutions. The 4870X2 has a plethora of Crossfire baggage in tow that a GTX280 does not:
1. Need to re-name executables in many games to use AA. This causes the loss of any game specific patch or optomization.

2. Need to wait for profiles for new games, because you cannot create them with CF. (or edit them)

3. Microstutter

4. Much higher cost and power consumption

Besides that, you lose PhysX and the chance to upgrade to a stereoscopic monitor with ATi cards.

What it costs NVIDIA to make a GTX280 is irrelevant to us as end users, what they cost in the store is all that matters.
Yes it is the SAME fud you keep repeatedly posting.

About the drivers I can show you some links where NVIDIA has MORE than fair share of problems. And you don't need to look too far.

About drivers and profiles for new games, ATI same like NVIDIA works with developers even before the games are introduced.

About microstutter on HD 4870 x2, only the NVIDIA fanboys who never had the card are reporting it as a problem. Ask the real owners about it.

About much higher cost, even after NVIDIA was forced to reduce the price shortly after introduction the actual suggested price difference is only $50. GTX 280 suggested price after reduction $499, ATI HD 4870 X2 $549.
True the 280 can be purchased for even less while the 4870 x2 hold the price steady after one month on the market. Well I let you GUESS why. But sure the reason is not all the problems with the card you have without having one.

About the physX, physics was here before both by NVIDIA and ATI if it works this time I'm sure NVidia would fast welcome ATI to use the same or ATI might develop with INTEL different solution, for now it's all just speculation.

About stereoscopic monitor, I wonder how many people will buy next year such monitor, are you? Wasn't that also here before like the 3D glasses. Anyway if it will become relevant I'm sure ATI will also have it.

Finally the heading of this tread is:"NVIDIA says it will win back performance leadership this year"

Now if your post was not a fud why would NVIDIA even bother? The funny thing is NVIDIA will most likely also need to have GX2 card in order to compete after they improve on the sandwich design.

------------------------------------------------------------
Core i7 980X EE @ 4316 MHz 1.35V - Corsair Hydro Series H50
ASUS Rampage II Extreme - Corsair Dominator 1600MHz 12GB Triple-Channel
Sapphire HD 6990 - ATI TV Wonder 650 PCIe
Intel X25-M 160GB 34nm G2 SSD - Seagate Barracuda 1TB 32mb
Cosmos S Case - Corsair HX1000W PSU
Pioner Blu-ray Burner 6X BD-R - Westinghouse LVM-37w3, 37inch 1080p
Logitech G25 Racing Wheel - Logitech Cordless RumblePad 2
Sennheiser RS 180 - Windows 7 64-bit Pro
Heinz68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-08, 12:50 PM   #123
Shocky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollo View Post
The 4870X2 and GTX280 are not comparable products, although they are both single slot graphics solutions. The 4870X2 has a plethora of Crossfire baggage in tow that a GTX280 does not:
1. Need to re-name executables in many games to use AA. This causes the loss of any game specific patch or optomization.

2. Need to wait for profiles for new games, because you cannot create them with CF. (or edit them)

3. Microstutter

4. Much higher cost and power consumption

Besides that, you lose PhysX and the chance to upgrade to a stereoscopic monitor with ATi cards.

What it costs NVIDIA to make a GTX280 is irrelevant to us as end users, what they cost in the store is all that matters.
Agreed, especially with the last bit.
Shocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-08, 01:00 PM   #124
Heinz68

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shocky View Post
Agreed, especially with the last bit.
If you agree so much with the last point I hope you will give ATI all the credit for it, since it's where it belongs.

------------------------------------------------------------
Core i7 980X EE @ 4316 MHz 1.35V - Corsair Hydro Series H50
ASUS Rampage II Extreme - Corsair Dominator 1600MHz 12GB Triple-Channel
Sapphire HD 6990 - ATI TV Wonder 650 PCIe
Intel X25-M 160GB 34nm G2 SSD - Seagate Barracuda 1TB 32mb
Cosmos S Case - Corsair HX1000W PSU
Pioner Blu-ray Burner 6X BD-R - Westinghouse LVM-37w3, 37inch 1080p
Logitech G25 Racing Wheel - Logitech Cordless RumblePad 2
Sennheiser RS 180 - Windows 7 64-bit Pro
Heinz68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-08, 01:00 PM   #125
Vasot02
Crazy Greek guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Prime View Post
Go go gadget FUD machine!
Very mature post (sarcasm included)
Old 09-15-08, 01:35 PM   #126
JoJomomo
*BANNED*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heinz68 View Post
Yes it is the SAME fud you keep repeatedly posting.

About the drivers I can show you some links where NVIDIA has MORE than fair share of problems. And you don't need to look too far.

About drivers and profiles for new games, ATI same like NVIDIA works with developers even before the games are introduced.

About microstutter on HD 4870 x2, only the NVIDIA fanboys who never had the card are reporting it as a problem. Ask the real owners about it.

About much higher cost, even after NVIDIA was forced to reduce the price shortly after introduction the actual suggested price difference is only $50. GTX 280 suggested price after reduction $499, ATI HD 4870 X2 $549.
True the 280 can be purchased for even less while the 4870 x2 hold the price steady after one month on the market. Well I let you GUESS why. But sure the reason is not all the problems with the card you have without having one.

About the physX, physics was here before both by NVIDIA and ATI if it works this time I'm sure NVidia would fast welcome ATI to use the same or ATI might develop with INTEL different solution, for now it's all just speculation.

About stereoscopic monitor, I wonder how many people will buy next year such monitor, are you? Wasn't that also here before like the 3D glasses. Anyway if it will become relevant I'm sure ATI will also have it.

Finally the heading of this tread is:"NVIDIA says it will win back performance leadership this year"

Now if your post was not a fud why would NVIDIA even bother? The funny thing is NVIDIA will most likely also need to have GX2 card in order to compete after they improve on the sandwich design.
Rollo got owned.
Old 09-15-08, 01:36 PM   #127
JoJomomo
*BANNED*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasot02 View Post
Very mature post (sarcasm included)
Vasot02 your just as bad as rollo so dont expect anyone here to care about anything that you have to say. (sarcasm included)
Old 09-15-08, 01:37 PM   #128
JoJomomo
*BANNED*

Quote:
If you agree so much with the last point I hope you will give ATI all the credit for it, since it's where it belongs.
+1

Old 09-15-08, 02:25 PM   #129
Shocky

Quote:
Both company's are responsible, this is what competition does, but maybe your actually stupid enough to think ATI would have cards priced this low if nvidia weren't around, wouldn't supprise me.
Shocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-08, 06:36 PM   #130
Rollo

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoJomomo View Post
Dude please stfu, if you have been paying attention at all and read rollo's other millions of post constantly doing nothing but bashing ATI you would see why he is so hated around here. The guys is seriously nothing but a troll and I find it shameful that no one is willing to do anything about it.
A NVIDIA Focus Group member who posts positive info about NVIDIA, and acts as a conduit to their staff, is "hated" on the NVIDIA fan site?

By who? ATi employees and/or viral marketers like yourself? When did you read my "millions of other posts" and learn what the board thinks of me Mr Ijoinedthismonth? Or what was your name before being banned for trolling?

Fact of the matter is, STILL no one has refuted any of the FACTS I posted, mostly because they can't. Those who cry "FUD" would rather have you believe microstutter doesn't exist on the 4870X2, although it's reported by end users:
http://forums.anandtech.com/messagev...&enterthread=y
Quote:
the X2 does not suffer from this limitation - ever - no matter how much i bogg it down in Crysis with 8xMSAA
- it does Micro stutter, but it is not so irritating as 2900xt's was
and review sites as well:
http://www.pcgameshardware.com/aid,6...on_HD_4870_X2/

They don't want you to know ATi's dev relations are miles behind NVIDIA's, and that games that launch with profiles for SLi have nothing for ATi but a variable wait.

They don't want you to remember you can't set up your own profiles, or force SFR with Xfire.

They don't want you to know you have to do hokey things like rename executables in games to get AA with ATi:
http://www.rage3d.com/board/showthread.php?t=33929562

But I'm here to tell you exactly why the 4870X2 cannot be directly compared to the GTX280 and why many people (especially those who have used Crossfire) won't consider a 4870X2 at all.

Rig 2:
intel 2500K + NVIDIA GTX590 + Dell 3007 WFPHC

[SIZE="1"]NVIDIA Focus Group Member
[B]NVIDIA Focus Group Members receive free software and/or hardware from NVIDIA from time to time to facilitate the evaluation of NVIDIA products. However, the opinions expressed are solely those of the Members.[/B][/SIZE]
Rollo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-08, 07:22 PM   #131
offi

"But I'm here to tell you exactly why the 4870X2 cannot be directly compared to the GTX280 and why many people (especially those who have used Crossfire) won't consider a 4870X2 at all."

Cards with duel gpu's on same card will always have some sort of probs with Crossfire ect.
1 Mainly is cos of the sharing of memory on card and 2 how thy talk to each other
and other cards in pc, If one gpu slows down for what ever reason the other gpu will have to wait for it if thy sharing. I use to do IT and know the probs of multi gpus, Thy can be a good thing or a bad thing, its mosty how good thy all talk to each other ect .
offi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-08, 07:29 PM   #132
namuk

http://www.guru3d.com/article/stalke...ance-roundup/1

interesting odd tests done on 2 GB vista 32bit

PC connected to above sound system- GA-X58A-UD7,Intel i7 920 D0,Corsair 1600 6GB. 480GTX .prelude xfi. 1TB RE3,1TB Black,RE2 500GB,2X Raptors, Enermax Galaxy 1000w.Alphacool External LCD.Coolermaster Stacker 830 Evolution 'nVidia' Special Edition
namuk is offline   Reply With Quote