Go Back   nV News Forums > Graphics Card Forums > NVIDIA GeForce 200 Series

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 09-16-08, 08:35 AM   #145
saturnotaku
Apple user. Deal with it.

Default Re: NVIDIA says it will win back performance leadership this year

Instead of spamming 3 posts in a row, use the multi-quote function - it's that little +" button next to the one that says quote. Use it on all the posts you want to quote, then use the actual quote button on the last one you want to use. It's there to prevent exactly what you're doing.
saturnotaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-08, 09:27 AM   #146
JoJomomo
*BANNED*

Quote:
Originally Posted by saturnotaku View Post
Instead of spamming 3 posts in a row, use the multi-quote function - it's that little +" button next to the one that says quote. Use it on all the posts you want to quote, then use the actual quote button on the last one you want to use. It's there to prevent exactly what you're doing.
Saturnotaku you have been nothing but a ****ing smartass to me since I have been here and I have thus far ignored you but im getting a little fed up with your crappy attitude. Seriously, just dont reply to me anymore if you cant say something without being a **** about it.
JoJomomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-08, 10:05 AM   #147
ginfest
"Oderint dum metuant"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoJomomo View Post
Enjoy your card and just ignore Rollo and his gang of friends which he obviously recruited to come over here.
Since you don't own one of these cards, how would you know if what he says is accurate? Or are you just trolling Rollo again
For the record, my 4870 ran hot and noisy. I used the fan profile "trick" to set the fan at 40% and it was not only obnoxiously loud but ran considerably hotter than K007 reports, Crysis put it in the 80+C range, as did most games. Heck it idled at 45-50C and that's with the fan "trick". Now I also have an Antec case and 2 120mm fans which keep my rig nice and cool, so I'd have to call shens on the "mine dosen't go over 50C in Crysis after 2-3 hours of messing around in it. Fan is @ 35%. barely audible over " report.
The 4870 is no the be all, end all that some are trying to portray it as
If you like that card and it suits your needs, fine, buy one and run it but don't exaggerate to sell others on it

Heat
ginfest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-08, 10:07 AM   #148
RoadReaction
*BANNED*

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoJomomo View Post
Yeah prepare to LOL because its less expensive and can perform on par to a GTX 280 in a number of games and sometimes even out perform it.

Thank you for being a faggot, i enjoyed that.

Edit: it's the 280 that can sometimes outperform the X2, company of heroes being a prime example, the x2 cant handle that game for ****.

But we are talking about the 1gb Single GPU 4870
RoadReaction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-08, 10:31 AM   #149
Shocky

Nothing Rollo has said is incorrect, these are real issues which users should be considering, yes they effect some users more then others, for users to attack him personally and turn this into another pathetic ATI vs. nvidia debate is just uncalled for unnecessary.
Shocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-08, 11:13 AM   #150
nekrosoft13
I'm Geralt

Quote:
Originally Posted by K007 View Post
Yea it is the best and its hot, it literally sets your computer on fire..because its too awesome also burns a big hole in your wallet..

But that aside, yea it is the fastest single card choice, it just fails in the heat/cost department...at least the cost is good.
Old 09-16-08, 11:16 AM   #151
RoadReaction
*BANNED*

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekrosoft13 View Post

Best Possible Response, that guy is a retard, anyone willing to say an ATI card runs cooler than a Nvidia Card is a ****ing dip****.
RoadReaction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-08, 11:21 AM   #152
JoJomomo
*BANNED*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shocky View Post
Nothing Rollo has said is incorrect.
Thats not as much of the issue rather than the fact that rollo never has anything to say unless its something negative about ATI. I mean come on, give credit where credit is due. The HD 4870 series is a great comback for ATI considering how underwhelming the 2900 cards were.

These cards scale great with AA even better than Nvidia while offering great performance at a great price. These are things that you will never hear out of rollo's mouth, the only time he ever rears his ugly head is when its to say something negative about ATI.

People like rollo are not what I would call a true enthusiast but rather a Blind Fanboy and you guys that are supporting him like he is your Father or something fall under the same Blind Fanboy catagory.

Old 09-16-08, 11:23 AM   #153
JoJomomo
*BANNED*

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadReaction View Post
Best Possible Response, that guy is a retard, anyone willing to say an ATI card runs cooler than a Nvidia Card is a ****ing dip****.
I have a friend with not 1 but 2 stock air cooled HD 4870X2's in his case that are idling in the 30's and loading in the 60's who would like a word with you. lol.
Old 09-16-08, 11:23 AM   #154
JoJomomo
*BANNED*

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekrosoft13 View Post
Nice logical arguement jackass.
Old 09-16-08, 11:25 AM   #155
JoJomomo
*BANNED*

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadReaction View Post

Edit: it's the 280 that can sometimes outperform the X2, company of heroes being a prime example, the x2 cant handle that game for ****.

But we are talking about the 1gb Single GPU 4870
The only time a GTX 280 will be outperforming a HD 4870X2 is when Crossfire isnt scaling and those issues are far and few in between.

Its really sad to see this place over run by jackasses the way that it has been lately.
Old 09-16-08, 11:28 AM   #156
JoJomomo
*BANNED*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginfest View Post
Since you don't own one of these cards, how would you know if what he says is accurate? Or are you just trolling Rollo again
For the record, my 4870 ran hot and noisy. I used the fan profile "trick" to set the fan at 40% and it was not only obnoxiously loud but ran considerably hotter than K007 reports, Crysis put it in the 80+C range, as did most games. Heck it idled at 45-50C and that's with the fan "trick". Now I also have an Antec case and 2 120mm fans which keep my rig nice and cool, so I'd have to call shens on the "mine dosen't go over 50C in Crysis after 2-3 hours of messing around in it. Fan is @ 35%. barely audible over " report.
The 4870 is no the be all, end all that some are trying to portray it as
If you like that card and it suits your needs, fine, buy one and run it but don't exaggerate to sell others on it
No its more like Rollo is trolling Nvnews again. And FYI I have seen first hand how cool an HD 4870 can run with the fan set to 35%, your case must be a real cluster **** because its no where near as hot as what you report.