Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > General Software

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 08-27-02, 03:05 AM   #1
sbp

Arrow New audigy drivers up on Creatives website

Here's the link to WinXP/2000 Creative Audigy drivers from creative's site.
http://www.americas.creative.com/sup...tric=205&OS=13

These drivers are revision 5.12.1.253
sbp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-02, 09:17 AM   #2
Tactics
Green Lantern

Are the ones for 98 far behind? or are we going to have wait another year? Anyone know anything? thx
Old 08-27-02, 11:27 AM   #3
Stavros

Do you know if these drivers will be ok for the UK Audigy's as their European site has yet to be updated

Machine Spec (all product names have been removed to protect the innocent from being called a fanboy)

a processor with the performance capability of 2.8Ghz, a motherboard, 1Gb of some make of memory, A video card (with latest drivers), A sound card and some other bits all in a case connected to some brand of monitor.
Stavros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-02, 01:08 PM   #4
Tactics
Green Lantern

I have no idea but it boggles me why 98 drivers aren't out. I would hope they are on there way.

Edit: I just called Creative and spoke with someone that said they assume 98 will be released but had no idea when. That was customer service dept. so I can only take that with a grain of salt.

The tech support dept. is totally automated... oh joy!

Last edited by Tactics; 08-27-02 at 01:21 PM.
Tactics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-02, 03:14 PM   #5
LTech221
Blah

Yes they will work on your UK card. I coudlnt download from the Americas server because it was patheticaly slow, so i went to creative's asia server and got them in about a minute.
Asus P8P67 Pro | Intel i7 2600k @ 4.5ghz |8 GB G.Skill Ripjaws X | Asus GTX580 Matrix Platinum | Asus Xonar STX| Boston Acoustics CR67/CR57/CS225C hooked to Onkyo TX-NR709 | ED A3-200 Sub| Sennhieser HD580 & PIMETA | Sony 32XBR9 | Windows 7 Ultimate
LTech221 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-02, 03:37 PM   #6
saturnotaku
Apple user. Deal with it.

Quote:
Originally posted by LTech221
Yes they will work on your UK card. I coudlnt download from the Americas server because it was patheticaly slow, so i went to creative's asia server and got them in about a minute.
I did that myself, took me more than a minute 'cause I'm on dial-up but I have the driver and will install them when I get home tonight.
saturnotaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-02, 08:06 AM   #7
VoltFox
[] [] []

Send a message via ICQ to VoltFox Send a message via MSN to VoltFox

I experienced a lot of pops & clicks with this driver... does anybody else experience that?
VoltFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-02, 10:18 AM   #8
saturnotaku

Quote:
Originally posted by VoltFox
I experienced a lot of pops & clicks with this driver... does anybody else experience that?
Haven't had any of that on my end. I was using the leaked Gateway March 18, 2002 drivers before these. If anything, these new drivers fixed some bugs I was experiencing using advanced EAX in Jedi Knight II and GTA3 while not sacrificing sound quality in other applications and games.

Old 08-28-02, 09:45 PM   #9
VoltFox
[] [] []

Will there'll be any difference if I install the driver which come from the CD first then update it with the latest one?

Because I've just done a fresh XP install and install the latest one straight away...
Old 08-29-02, 12:03 AM   #10
saturnotaku

Far as I know, you can't install these drivers straight up. You have to have a previous version of the drivers installed before you can use this update. I tried to uninstall my previous drivers and run the update, but I'd get an error message saying a certain file couldn't be found.
Old 08-29-02, 03:28 AM   #11
VoltFox
[] [] []

Quote:
Far as I know, you can't install these drivers straight up. You have to have a previous version of the drivers installed before you can use this update. I tried to uninstall my previous drivers and run the update, but I'd get an error message saying a certain file couldn't be found.
Strange, I installed the newest drivers without any problem after I freshly install XP...

anyway, I've uninstall the newest driver then I've installed the driver comes from the CD, and then update it with the newest driver, well... the pops & clicks just disappear...

Well, now Creative has two updates driver in their website for Audigy, I just don't know if I have to install the driver from the first revision then update it with the second one...
CD Revision -> 1st revision -> 2st Revision, a long way to go... it's sucks if you think that you have to restart your computer after each time you update the driver.

The first revision allow you to use up to 31 sound mixing while the newest only allow you to use just up to 28... If you guys notice that at the Hitman 2 demo sound config...

Well, I think Creative has to do something with their driver revision, or they can put a note on how to properly install the driver...
Old 08-29-02, 06:33 AM   #12
Stavros

So far so good
I've been playing BF1942 multiplayer demo, before I updated the drivers I'd sometimes get some odd sounds (bit like feedback) every once in a while, since the update, I haven't experienced them

Machine Spec (all product names have been removed to protect the innocent from being called a fanboy)

a processor with the performance capability of 2.8Ghz, a motherboard, 1Gb of some make of memory, A video card (with latest drivers), A sound card and some other bits all in a case connected to some brand of monitor.
Stavros is offline   Reply With Quote