Go Back   nV News Forums > Graphics Card Forums > NVIDIA GeForce 200 Series

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 08-27-08, 03:49 AM   #25
Blkout

Default Re: So why should I buy a GTX280 again?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destroy View Post
Yes, the trade off is speed vs. compatibility. Speed does me no good if I can't play the game properly or how I like.
Compatibility is just fine with the 4870x2. I can't speak for SLI since I don't own that setup. As for the 4870x2, I've yet to run across a game that didn't give me excellent framerates at 1920x1200 with AA and ASF enabled. I have no complaints at all. It just works.
Blkout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-08, 06:22 AM   #26
nekrosoft13
I'm Geralt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heinz68 View Post
First about the cheaper. Good vote thanks to ATI but coming from somebody who recently didn't mind to pay $650 for the GTX 280 when the HD 4870 was $300 it is at least very surprising.

Now talking about the HUGE problems with the HD 4870 x2, it sure could not come from your own experience neither from the experiences from the majority of REAL users.
Unless you talk about your own experience it doesn't matter how HUGE you like to make it look like by selecting the super large fonts.
don't you have anything better to do then troll?

doesn't matter how you try to sugar cotted, or how dedicated you are to your holy ATI Crusade. Dual-GPU set-ups always had and will have a lot more issues then a single GPU system. Myabe that Lucid Hydra system will improve CF/SLi. But until then fastest single GPU card will always be the best.

Speaking about "experience" just because I currently don't know CF setup. I do have an ATI card in other system. Plus I did recently build two systems with CF setups one for a friend one for a customer.

note: before you decide to start another nv/ati fight, dual GPU is an issue for both companies
Old 08-27-08, 09:06 AM   #27
Heinz68

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekrosoft13 View Post
don't you have anything better to do then troll?

doesn't matter how you try to sugar cotted, or how dedicated you are to your holy ATI Crusade. Dual-GPU set-ups always had and will have a lot more issues then a single GPU system. Myabe that Lucid Hydra system will improve CF/SLi. But until then fastest single GPU card will always be the best.

Speaking about "experience" just because I currently don't know CF setup. I do have an ATI card in other system. Plus I did recently build two systems with CF setups one for a friend one for a customer.

note: before you decide to start another nv/ati fight, dual GPU is an issue for both companies
You calling me troll is so ridiculous, it's just unbelievable. Just LOOK at your post. Sure I'm happy there is finally something good to say about ATI again but than EVERYBODY should be happy about it. And all the recent buyers including you benefited from that BIG time.

At the same time I don't have any need for negative postings about NVIDIA product or people buying such. I'm sure they're very happy with what they have and why not I was very happy with every NVIDIA card I had.
I guess you FORGOT to notice I did TWICE in this thread recommend GTX 280 if people main object is to look for better deal. Or do you mean that was JUST sugar coating?

You on the other hand ALL what you have to say about ATI or it's drivers is negative. So honestly, what do you think is trolling?

Talking about "experience", I did mean HD 4870 x2 experience, what this thread is all about. And your own experience is EXACTLY big zilch (zero).

I'm looking to buy the HD 4870 x2 so now YOU tell me who should I believe more? Should it be the many happy owners of HD 4870 x2 or should it be you with your anti ATI agenda?

The rumored Lucid Hydra is off subject. The Hd 4870 x2 is here NOW and everybody knows it's much more improved product compared to previous dual GPU solutions so let's judge on that basis.

Furthermore the rumors are that ATI is working on multi-core solutions. That sure would make Lucid Hydra much less important even if it turns out as very good chip.

------------------------------------------------------------
Core i7 980X EE @ 4316 MHz 1.35V - Corsair Hydro Series H50
ASUS Rampage II Extreme - Corsair Dominator 1600MHz 12GB Triple-Channel
Sapphire HD 6990 - ATI TV Wonder 650 PCIe
Intel X25-M 160GB 34nm G2 SSD - Seagate Barracuda 1TB 32mb
Cosmos S Case - Corsair HX1000W PSU
Pioner Blu-ray Burner 6X BD-R - Westinghouse LVM-37w3, 37inch 1080p
Logitech G25 Racing Wheel - Logitech Cordless RumblePad 2
Sennheiser RS 180 - Windows 7 64-bit Pro
Heinz68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-08, 09:59 AM   #28
nekrosoft13
I'm Geralt

i'm done feeding the troll.

again, my post was about Dual-GPUs, and yet crusader had to bring up NV/ATi fight again.
Old 08-27-08, 10:26 AM   #29
necrosoft
*BANNED*

hi, i are a HUGE and I MEAN HUGE HUGEHUGE! Nv fanboy

I are know that ATI suckorz because I have laptop with non gaming ati card and judge this by the HD 4870XTWO!

I probe myself in da azz everyyyyyyy night with my HUGE HUGE HUGEHUGE! GTXTWOEIGHTY!!!

OOHHH AAAAHHHHH!!!
necrosoft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-08, 10:37 AM   #30
mullet

I hope Heinz68 & necrosoft have the same IP.
Old 08-27-08, 10:56 AM   #31
Destroy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blkout View Post
Compatibility is just fine with the 4870x2. I have no complaints at all. It just works.
Glad to hear you are enjoying your card decision. I may of made the wrong choice but I do feel I went with the safest choice for my setup and wants at this time.

Perhaps when the 5870x2 comes out I'll not be so pansy and try ATI.

Vista64 Home Premium
Gigabyte GA-EP35C-DS3R
CPU E8500 with Corsair H50 cooler
HIS 6970, always 19x10res
Memory 8 Gig OCZ 1000@1024
Display Westinghouse 37" LVM-37w1 LCD monitor
Destroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-08, 10:59 AM   #32
necrosoft
*BANNED*

Quote:
Originally Posted by mullet View Post
Keep on hoping douchbag.
necrosoft is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-27-08, 11:05 AM   #33
DiscipleDOC

Quote:
Originally Posted by necrosoft View Post
Keep on hoping douchbag.
Please stick to the topic. Posts like this will not be tolerated.

DD
DiscipleDOC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-08, 11:54 AM   #34
jjelmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destroy View Post
Well I decided. Ordered a BFG GTX280 OC from TigerDirect for $423.98 shipped. I feel nVidia is still best with drivers; example delivering FSAA first with games that normally couldn't do it. Will post feedback after arrival and some testing.

Hi Destroy

I bet it was a hard decision.
Each card seems to have it's advantages, so I suppose you sometimes have to take an educated guess and hope you choose the one most suitable for your setup.

If I had to choose between the two right now I would personally go for the GTX280 aswell. Hope your new card suits your needs, that is the main thing.
Arctic Cooling Freezer 13
Sapphire HD7970
8GB G-Skill Ripjaws X DDR3 1600Mhz
2x WD HDD (1TB)
OCZ GameXStream 850W PSU
Creative X-Fi
Dell U2711 LCD
Chieftec Dragon Tower
jjelmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-08, 12:37 PM   #35
Vanzagar
Bring me Amberlamps

Quote:
Originally Posted by mullet View Post
Why?? I think Heinz68 brings good points to the table and is pretty even keeled, and I certainly wouldn't consider any of his posts in this thread to be trolling... he's basically said both cards are good, just depends on the situation... the only really descrepency here appears to be the relative problems/issus with SLI or CF or X2's...

Heinz68 = CF or 4870X2 - no real problems or issues (correct me if I'm wrong - maybe the driver wait)
nekrosoft13 = avoiding multi-GPU is a huge plus

I don't see why the hostility....

At this point I think I'm going to try the 4870X2 on several games myself (esp Crysis on very high at 19x12) and see if I notice the microstuttering or see other problems, if no problems=keep, if problems-> change to 280gtx...
Vanzagar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-08, 02:16 PM   #36
DoItForTheKids
More Tea Mr. Bike?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekrosoft13 View Post
you like what i did there
DoItForTheKids is offline   Reply With Quote