Go Back   nV News Forums > Graphics Card Forums > NVIDIA GeForce 7, 8, And 9 Series

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 08-26-08, 11:25 PM   #13
mojoman0

Default Re: Sights from NVISION 08 - Day 1

Just got back myself. Got a chance to play Crysis: Warhead and was given a beta for Battlefield Heroes + loads of energy drinks. Watched a kid win $12,000 in a War 3 tourney and look who else I saw:

Jakup, nice couple of cuties across the way from your booth!
mojoman0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-08, 12:46 AM   #14
Mr_LoL
Bush's Doppleganger

Looks good. I wish they would debut new cards at this event though.
Core i5 2500K@ 4.5, KFA2 GTX 570, Gigabyte Z68, 8GB Corsair XMS 1600MHZ, Antec Truepower New 650w, Coolermaster Storm Sniper, 1TB Samsung F1, Yamakasi Catleap 27", Samsung 245B, Asus Xonar DG...blah blah blah
Mr_LoL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-08, 08:02 AM   #15
Bearclaw

Who is this?

Old 08-27-08, 08:09 AM   #16
nekrosoft13
I'm Geralt

Default Re: Sights from NVISION 08

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeC View Post
ArcSoft TotalMedia Theatre Supports NVIDIA CUDA

ArcSofts Upscaling Technology, SimHD, is Being Demonstrated at NVISION 2008

ArcSoft, Inc. announced today that ArcSoft TotalMedia Theatre, its universal multimedia player, now supports NVIDIA CUDA which provides DVD upscaling through Graphics Processing Units (GPUs).

Devising its SimHD post processing technology with NVIDIA CUDA, ArcSoft is accelerating TotalMedia Theatres DVD upscale performance on GPUs to deliver viewers a close-to-HD video from the standard definition multimedia files and DVDs, offering them a sharper and more vivid picture in real time.

"The newly released, CUDA-powered SimHD technology is available in TotalMedia Theatre to allow viewers to obtain a HD-like viewing experience from not only DVDs, but also other standard definition multimedia files,"said George Tang, ArcSoft Vice President and General Manager of Video and Home Entertainment Group. "We are pleased to be partnering with NVIDIA to deliver excellence in high-definition video on the PC."

"CUDA provides our software partners an environment to develop high-level applications utilizing NVIDIA GPU accelerations," said Patrick Beaulieu, NVIDIAs Product Marketing Manager, Multimedia Group. "ArcSoft SimHD technology in TotalMedia Theatre sets a great example which harnesses the power of NVIDIA GPUs for much-enhanced video processing."

TotalMedia Theatre utilizes general purpose GPUs (GPGPU) to provide sufficient power for intensive post processing technology such as SimHD. The application is compatible for use with NVIDIA GeForce 8 and 9 series GPUs. ArcSoft will continue working to deploy other technologies on NVIDIA CUDA.

ArcSoft TotalMedia Theatre with SimHD technology will be available in Q4, 2008. For a live demonstration, visit NVIDIA (booth 220) at NVISION 08, taking place at the San Jos McEnery Convention Center in downtown San Jose, CA.

http://www.arcsoft.com/intouch/totalmediatheatrepr.
nice, really looking forward to this
Old 08-27-08, 08:11 AM   #17
nekrosoft13
I'm Geralt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearclaw View Post
Who is this?

Jen-Hsun Huang

http://www.nvidia.com/object/bio_huang.html

just FYI

He owns 4.69% stock percent of Nvidia worth about USD $512.4 million as of 2006.[1] He earned $24.6 million as CEO in 2007
Old 09-04-08, 04:14 PM   #18
memeyou

Don't drink the water! I think it's people...
Registered Linux User: #333417
memeyou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-08, 04:19 PM   #19
memeyou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearclaw View Post
Who is this?
"NVIDIA Co-Founder, President, and CEO Jen-Hsun Huang"
Registered Linux User: #333417
memeyou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-08, 07:52 PM   #20
Sebnv

Did you guys follow the Nvscene event ? It was during Nvision and Nvidia organized a demoscene competition for "amateurs" during which competitors had to show realtime demonstrations made on a GeForce 8800.

You can find the winner of the demo competition here and here are a few screenshots of the demonstrations made for this event (there are something like 40 demos and 4k intros)

There is some really cool stuff in there.
Sebnv is offline   Reply With Quote