CaptnStubing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-08, 12:51 PM   #75
Tr1cK
not coming back

Default Re: MMORPGs are getting to easy and taking too much time

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptnStubing View Post
I'm surprised you haven't run away yet.
I stealthed when I seen the red tag coming.
Tr1cK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-08, 12:59 PM   #76
jeffmd
Has a vegetation fetish

Captain, a pve shadow priest would have +spell hit, +shadow, and +spirit gear ensuring better dps over the plain +damage pvp sets. pvp gear sacrifices dps stats for +hp. Melee may get big stats for +str and such.. but their gear lacks +hit. These things are essential in pve.
Old 08-29-08, 01:32 PM   #77
CaptnStubing

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffmd View Post
Captain, a pve shadow priest would have +spell hit, +shadow, and +spirit gear ensuring better dps over the plain +damage pvp sets. pvp gear sacrifices dps stats for +hp. Melee may get big stats for +str and such.. but their gear lacks +hit. These things are essential in pve.
Sigh... I know this. I raided for a very long time and PVPd' for a very long time. I had a raiding healing priest and a PVP shadow priest. You guys are far too geeky to understand the sarcastic comment I was making. Please, let this go. You are so far off from what I was saying.
Old 08-29-08, 01:34 PM   #78
Monolyth
Meow Mix Kills

Quote:
Almost any half-geared Shadow Priest can pull aggro in PvE, VE + VT = fail. Before I stopped playing my S.Priest was wearing mostly Badge gear + one or two pieces of T6 and I was either #1 damage or in the top 3 every raid. I was primarily relegated to the healer group for mana regen, while the other DPS'ers (T5/6 mages/locks) got to enjoy constant drum effects and heroisms; I rarely pulled threat on trash and maybe 1-2 times in 50 raids would I pull a boss and that was if everything (damage-wise) was going my way, which rarely happened.

No two players or situations are alike, rating a gearset based on actual situations is near impossible simply because there are too many possible external effects on the recorded data to make it a valid comparison. That's not to say that someone can't review & compare their WWS report to someone elses to gain pointers on doing better.

When it comes down to it, it's all about the skill and intelligence of the individual player. Any fool can mash buttons; but it's the folks that understand cool-down timers, DoT timers, casting speeds, gear/char stats, talent specs, specific boss strategies and how to combine all of those items to play a character to the best they possibly can that will determine their performance in raids, PvP, etc. Some people have the competitive nature to go that far some don't, it becomes glaringly obvious in the stats, and that is why top guilds are so elitist. They have to ensure that they keep the best players for raiding otherwise the players will get bored and will simply leave for a more elitist guild.

Unfortunately in my time playing WoW, while people have always said that I was a really good player I was never able to get into an elite guild to prove my metal against them. Of course I never made a big effort to become their "friend" either. And so it always ended with Mono vs. the World....of Warcraft.

Storage 2.0
Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3-iSSD | Core i7 2600K @ 4.5Ghz NH-D14 | 16GB G.Skill@1600Mhz | Areca 1880ix-16 RAID HBA
Temp Storage - 1.8TB (4x450GB Hitachi 15k RPM SAS) | 18TB (12x3TB Hitachi RAID10) | HSPC Tech Station | Corsair HX620 | Windows 7 x64
Monolyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-08, 03:29 PM   #79
CaptnStubing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monolyth View Post
Almost any half-geared Shadow Priest can pull aggro in PvE, VE + VT = fail. Before I stopped playing my S.Priest was wearing mostly Badge gear + one or two pieces of T6 and I was either #1 damage or in the top 3 every raid. I was primarily relegated to the healer group for mana regen, while the other DPS'ers (T5/6 mages/locks) got to enjoy constant drum effects and heroisms; I rarely pulled threat on trash and maybe 1-2 times in 50 raids would I pull a boss and that was if everything (damage-wise) was going my way, which rarely happened.

No two players or situations are alike, rating a gearset based on actual situations is near impossible simply because there are too many possible external effects on the recorded data to make it a valid comparison. That's not to say that someone can't review & compare their WWS report to someone elses to gain pointers on doing better.

When it comes down to it, it's all about the skill and intelligence of the individual player. Any fool can mash buttons; but it's the folks that understand cool-down timers, DoT timers, casting speeds, gear/char stats, talent specs, specific boss strategies and how to combine all of those items to play a character to the best they possibly can that will determine their performance in raids, PvP, etc. Some people have the competitive nature to go that far some don't, it becomes glaringly obvious in the stats, and that is why top guilds are so elitist. They have to ensure that they keep the best players for raiding otherwise the players will get bored and will simply leave for a more elitist guild.

Unfortunately in my time playing WoW, while people have always said that I was a really good player I was never able to get into an elite guild to prove my metal against them. Of course I never made a big effort to become their "friend" either. And so it always ended with Mono vs. the World....of Warcraft.
This is well said.

Oh and you did not miss anything with the large guilds. They friking suck. All they do is cry over DKP and gear. If you are not in the main raid then you are a nobody. If you get in a PVP guild like mine, you are just one of the guildies hanging out on vent crushing skulls and melting faces. We are all the same and we have a blast. You don't need to wait for everyone or anyone to show up. You just start crushing. The best thing is you are not affected by the crappy players. Even if you lose you still get honor and will get gear.

PVP is full of WIN!
Old 08-29-08, 04:35 PM   #80
Monolyth
Meow Mix Kills

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptnStubing View Post
This is well said.

Oh and you did not miss anything with the large guilds. They friking suck. All they do is cry over DKP and gear. If you are not in the main raid then you are a nobody. If you get in a PVP guild like mine, you are just one of the guildies hanging out on vent crushing skulls and melting faces. We are all the same and we have a blast. You don't need to wait for everyone or anyone to show up. You just start crushing. The best thing is you are not affected by the crappy players. Even if you lose you still get honor and will get gear.

PVP is full of WIN!
I liked PvP back when it was just HWL/M & BG's. I'm not too fond of Arena's. I've always been more partial to realm v. realm. I loved keep raids in DAoC, 200+ people assaulting for a relic, everyone working together to attack/defend. Then there was SWG, which I enjoyed the frequent Imperial assaults on Moenia, our server (Bloodfin I think it was). We also had a lot of player cities that staged PvP events Imp vs. Reb, those were awesome fun! I helped defend a city out past Anchorhead on Tattooine from the Imperials, I think they lost like 10 AT-ST's, they nearly broke our lines just outside the city, but we held...Ahh the good ole days.

Storage 2.0
Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3-iSSD | Core i7 2600K @ 4.5Ghz NH-D14 | 16GB G.Skill@1600Mhz | Areca 1880ix-16 RAID HBA
Temp Storage - 1.8TB (4x450GB Hitachi 15k RPM SAS) | 18TB (12x3TB Hitachi RAID10) | HSPC Tech Station | Corsair HX620 | Windows 7 x64
Monolyth is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-29-08, 04:48 PM   #81
firehawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptnStubing;
LOL This is funny. I can come in with my PVP gear and out damage the scrubs and never pull aggro. Yes PVP gear is not for raiding but for the mid level raids one or two shadow priests can get a way with wearing their gear in there. Crap I watched the other shadow priest in Gruul pulling aggro and he did half as much damage as me. The difference is I know how to raid. He didn't know how to raid (even though he thought he did) and he couldn't PVP.
congrats on playing with tards?....lol

seriously though. when i help out in the odd heroic or gruul/mag/doomwalker/kara...etc
i normally don't care what i have on. pvp gear will get me through it, there short easy fights. its when people try to come into MH and beyond where most of the fights become healing intense and all all out dps races and the 10-15 min marks. that's the point where pvp gear just doesn't cut it anymore it doesn't have the balance needed even though there item level is on par with items needed for that content.

anywho...

on with the back on topic
firehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-08, 05:36 PM   #82
CaptnStubing

Quote:
Originally Posted by firehawk View Post
congrats on playing with tards?....lol
That was a PUG. and yes they were tards. I won the pants from Gruul and they gave it to someone in their guild. I LOLd' and left. I had no interest in the gear. I was only there because a buddy in their guild asked me to fill in for them. Later that day I challenged the raid leader to a dual and kicked the crap out of him. Yes he was a shadow priest also in FULL KARA GEAR. LOL!

Quote:
seriously though. when i help out in the odd heroic or Gruul/mag/doomwalker/kara...etc
i normally don't care what i have on. pvp gear will get me through it, there short easy fights. its when people try to come into MH and beyond where most of the fights become healing intense and all all out dps races and the 10-15 min marks. that's the point where pvp gear just doesn't cut it anymore it doesn't have the balance needed even though there item level is on par with items needed for that content.

anywho...

on with the back on topic
True. I do have some raid gear. I just left my PVP gear on to piss them off.

I just switched to a PVP healer last night. ZOMG we completely changed how well we play in BGS. Just one additional healer smashed the crap out of the alliance. I like it better. There isn't any stress. It is actually fun and funny as hell to watch rogues and other warriors try to out DPS the warrior I am healing. LMAO!
Old 08-29-08, 06:38 PM   #83
jeffmd
Has a vegetation fetish

If your shadow priest pulls agro in raids, your tanks fail. ;p
Old 08-29-08, 07:55 PM   #84
CaptnStubing

Quote:
If your shadow priest pulls agro in raids, your tanks fail. ;p
Not always. I was a tank when I was a raider. I could pull aggro back. It's called skill... after you let the shadow priest die.