Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 09-18-08, 02:26 AM   #481
Jonelo

Default Re: Stalker Clear Sky

The control of Clear Sky in the swamp , but there is no need to control in all positions. The General Levedev communicates by radio when the swamp is controlled.
After , the guide is prepared for the trip to Cordon on the farm, but we can also go back to the base to go later to Cordon - is not advisable to go at night to Cordon .

The NPGs can maintain the positions and conquest the positions , although sometimes is important that you personally start the fighting for impulse the NPGs. And also participate , because the attack may fail in some situations . The second time that I have played the swamp I have not fired a single shot. It is something disconcerting, but also quite inmersive , it seems that the world and the NPCs are really alive.
Jonelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-08, 05:41 AM   #482
asd

Quote:
Originally Posted by asd View Post
I got sound problem in clear sky, I am using winXP SP3 with the soundblaster x-fi elite pro, 7.1 speakers setting with the newest driver installed, but when I play the game, some kind of "noisy" will appear, just like some electric noisy or broken sound effect, after 1~2 mintues they are gone, but after playing awhile, it appear again, I tried turn off the EAX in the sound option menu but it still keep happening, anyone know how to fix it?

Note: I know my sound card and the speaker are in good codition because it only happen in STALKER and Clear sky, other games like Vegas 2, mass effect, Two Worlds, CoH, Bioshock, CS:S and the others didn't got any sound error.
Really no one got this problem..???? anyone know how to fix this error please tell me, now I can only play the game with the "Gerentic Software" sound setting, if I set it back to X-fi [EC00] , the crackling sound will happen again, any advise??
asd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-08, 08:11 AM   #483
WeReWoLf

Send a message via MSN to WeReWoLf

Quote:
Originally Posted by asd View Post
Really no one got this problem..???? anyone know how to fix this error please tell me, now I can only play the game with the "Gerentic Software" sound setting, if I set it back to X-fi [EC00] , the crackling sound will happen again, any advise??
I've had this problem before too, i've found the only way to fix it is to set Generic Software setting.
WeReWoLf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-08, 08:13 AM   #484
WeReWoLf

Send a message via MSN to WeReWoLf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destroy View Post

Hmmm???
They're different because they have quests for you to do. Most won't let you do the quest until you're friendly with them, but some will.
WeReWoLf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-08, 08:41 AM   #485
Destroy

Repost from Rage:

I've got several nits and picks on this game so far:

- All of a sudden ambient sounds will start and stop. It's usually nighttime'ish cricket or frog type sounds that just blatantly start up or quits; extremely goofy and very bad for immersion.

- AI pushes me around all the time. This really needs fixing cause they push you away from the person in mid conversation or out from under cover.

- timed missions. Hate them. What's the point? Cordon earlyish example: SPOILER in WHITE Side mission from first main lone stalker in Cordon where you are suppose to help a noob stalker from a pack of dogs. Once you reach the trigger point near the noob which sends the dogs attacking the noob, you get like 2 seconds to stop the dogs from killing him.

- insane prices for quick travel via guides?!! Just past Cordon railroad pic MINOR SPOILER PIC http://img522.imageshack.us/img522/3...2303011jb8.jpg

- virtually zero hazards while traveling. Anomalies might as well be considered gone. Very few monsters or animals. I have yet to feel unsafe or scared in CS like I did SoC. Nothing so far but distinct enemies or friendlies and stolid side quest FedEx missions. Where have all the monsters or strangeness gone?? Everything feels so canned and perfect with no crazy or wierd stuff happening.

- On topic to paragraph above, map shows all enemies instantly at all times causing adventure and caution to be near nil.

- grass draw in and shadow LOD popup annoying at times and another immersion breaker

- Call of Duty like battles are crazy hard and totally setup and canned feeling.

Vista64 Home Premium
Gigabyte GA-EP35C-DS3R
CPU E8500 with Corsair H50 cooler
HIS 6970, always 19x10res
Memory 8 Gig OCZ 1000@1024
Display Westinghouse 37" LVM-37w1 LCD monitor
Destroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-08, 09:06 AM   #486
asd

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeReWoLf View Post
I've had this problem before too, i've found the only way to fix it is to set Generic Software setting.
It's sad to hear that, but it seems I have no choice.
I will live with that, just hope that the EAX effect still can be used.
asd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-08, 11:43 AM   #487
Zophixan

Is anyone else getting a weird graphical bug, where the sky smudges? I think it happened on the first stalker too, but I can't remember how I fixed it.
Zophixan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-08, 01:50 PM   #488
Jonelo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destroy View Post
Repost from Rage:

I've got several nits and picks on this game so far:

- Call of Duty like battles are crazy hard and totally setup and canned feeling.

Destroy .. not are like in COD . In COD you only have a way - except some maps in COD 2- . In CLEAR SKY except the ending , the combats are not lineal . .

And in CS, the teammates can win the combats - and die - , not like in COD . Or not win the combats . The NPG,s can go forward without your intervention , the teammates or the enemy . Very few points of activation of scrips with the presence of the player in a point of the a corridor .
Jonelo is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-18-08, 02:51 PM   #489
sillyeagle
sillyego

I got past farm, I just started wandering around looking for NPC's and after about 10 minutes the farm quest magically completed and the guide that takes me to the cordon appeared. Until the farm quests completes it looks like there is no way to go to the cordon. But now I'm stuck at the machine gunner at the cordon. How do you get past him? All I have is a shotgun and pistol.
EVGA Intel X58
Old 09-18-08, 03:03 PM   #490
Section-9
Pixel Junkie

Send a message via AIM to Section-9
Thumbs up Re: Stalker Clear Sky

I played Crysis: Warhead for a bit yesterday...made me appreciate Clear Sky much more. w00t!

...goes back to The Zone.

| Cooler Master HAF 932| AMD Phenom II X6 1090T Black Edition 3.2GHz |Zalman CNPS9900ALED 120mm Blue LED | Gigabyte 890FXA-UD5 (rev. 2.0) |G.Skill Ripjaws 8GB DDR3 |LG 10X Blu-ray Burner |
Crucial SSD (2x64GB) Raid 0 + WD Caviar Black 1TB | Corsair TX850w | 2x Evga GTX 580's SuperClocked (SC) 1.5GB in SLI | Dell 24'' (1080p) |
Razer Carcharias | Klipsch 2.1 speakers | Windows 7 Ultimate x64 |Saitek Cyborg keyboard | Cyborg R.A.T. 7 Gaming mouse |

Laptop:

| Alienware M14x | Windows 7 Home Premium (64-bit) |Intel Core i7-2630QM 2.0GHz | 8GB RAM DDR3 | 750GB 7200rpm | Hybrid Intel HD Graphics 3000 / NVIDIA GeForce GT 555M |14" WLED HD display (1366 x 768) |
Section-9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-08, 03:08 PM   #491
sillyeagle
sillyego

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurdEarl View Post
I played Crysis: Warhead for a bit yesterday...made me appreciate Clear Sky much more. w00t!
Why is that? I'm quite curious as I have not tried warhead.
EVGA Intel X58
Old 09-18-08, 04:34 PM   #492
Section-9
Pixel Junkie

Send a message via AIM to Section-9

Quote:
Originally Posted by sillyeagle View Post
Why is that? I'm quite curious as I have not tried warhead.
I think it has to do alot with the immersion factor, Crysis & Warhead seem to do it well but for some reason I have had enough of the tropical island scenario. The cinematic quality of the game though is quite nice, you feel like your playing the main character in a big-budget hollywood movie. Jets flying by, explosions at a far distance, spiders, fish, chickens etc all sorts of animals keep you feeling a part of the whole experience. It's just that I am just not afraid of anything in this damn island (enemies etc. and certainly not chickens). Eventhough the environment is quite nice, I feel detached from the experience. I don't really like the AI too much either, standard procedures you shoot they hide, you turn around they come out you shoot again. They are not spontaneous. It's not that I hate the game, it's a good decent shooter in its own right. I just feel spoiled by what STALKER has to offer instead.

STALKER & Clear Sky both have a more dynamic feel to them. I really like the customization in both to choose what armor you want (w/ traders) and customizable weapons, repair and fix weapons etc. I feel much more attached to my avatar in STALKER. I also like to plan out my attacks, what weapons etc. I will take with me, also taking into consideration if it's day or night. If its night time I know there will be more mutants etc on the loose so I am much more cautious at night. When playing STALKER I am much more at the edge of my seat. The AI lets just say the scare the crap out of me, especially when I think I am all alone and suddenly I get flanked or a bloodsucker appears from its cloaking and I just jump out of my desk chair. Sometimes I just chill at the camps and hear the music, organize my inventory in preparation for my next mission and so forth. I feel a part of this wonderful/strange world. To me immersion is a big deal, since I love playing games with the lights out, 5.1 surround sound and all alone. I like getting the crap scared out of me.

You be the judge though, graphics wise they both are at the top of their game.

Screenshots downsized from 1680x1050 to better fit the forum.

| Cooler Master HAF 932| AMD Phenom II X6 1090T Black Edition 3.2GHz |Zalman CNPS9900ALED 120mm Blue LED | Gigabyte 890FXA-UD5 (rev. 2.0) |G.Skill Ripjaws 8GB DDR3 |LG 10X Blu-ray Burner |
Crucial SSD (2x64GB) Raid 0 + WD Caviar Black 1TB | Corsair TX850w | 2x Evga GTX 580's SuperClocked (SC) 1.5GB in SLI | Dell 24'' (1080p) |
Razer Carcharias | Klipsch 2.1 speakers | Windows 7 Ultimate x64 |Saitek Cyborg keyboard | Cyborg R.A.T. 7 Gaming mouse |

Laptop:

| Alienware M14x | Windows 7 Home Premium (64-bit) |Intel Core i7-2630QM 2.0GHz | 8GB RAM DDR3 | 750GB 7200rpm | Hybrid Intel HD Graphics 3000 / NVIDIA GeForce GT 555M |14" WLED HD display (1366 x 768) |
Section-9 is offline   Reply With Quote