Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 09-28-08, 11:02 AM   #625
Lith1um

Default Re: Stalker Clear Sky

If you like the game I suggest spending a few minutes on youtube before playing again.

It puts a whole new feeling on the zone. So much pain and sorrow for so many people. An area frozen in history like a modern Pompei, the earth scarred by man. So much courage by so many people. It's been said that back then the citizens didn't even know about the doseage affects of radiation, but they had to know about what happened in Japan?

Craziest part about it, if you watch the Discovery piece it talks about the man who ordered the reactor test. The test was supposed to be carried out when the plant was producing 700 megawatts, but this dude did the test when the plant was only producing 200 mw. Even crazier, the dude has a checkered past when it comes to nuclear energy and he's already caused another accident years prior. He was subjected to fatal doses of radiation in the prior accident and in the Chernobyl accident, yet he lived untill his 80's denying responsibility the whole time.

The airborne radioactive contaminents were wind spread and deposited across Europe and the US. The Soviets didn't notify the world untill after 3 days. Scientists in surrounding countries instantly detected the increase in radiation and hounded the Soviets untill they admitted having an accident.

Efforts are currently underway to build a new sarcofigus because the concrete of the present one is crumbling. It's easy to think of Chernobyl as past history, but it's very much a present hazard for the entire world. Even crazier is that the remaining RBMK reactors are still online to this day so they still present a risk imo. Present day reactors are built to prevent this type of event.

Discovery Channel special http://www.youtube.com/results?searc...saster+at+cher

The first video of the reactor http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6HPdd...eature=related

28 days after http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CnigF...eature=related

Bio-robots http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OH7ot...eature=related

Fallout zones over Europe http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...ut&vt=lf&hl=en and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nMKUn...eature=related

"They say the lights came from all the radiation, but maybe it's the spirits of the dead."
Lith1um is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-08, 11:36 AM   #626
mojoman0

ummm...how do you throw a bolt? I'm a newb. do i have to find some first?
mojoman0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-08, 11:54 AM   #627
Lith1um

It's one of the numerical key's, I think 6. I'm not sure, I've never had to use them.

And man, I just heard about a video entitled "Chernobyl Heart". I almost couldn't make it through the whole thing. It breaks my heart the generations of children subsequently effected by this.

Some of them are surviving a basic existence, like the kids living in that asylum which couldn't even afford a working TV or stereo.

It's far from being over for so many people.
Lith1um is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-08, 11:58 AM   #628
ATi
RooR

Thumbs up Re: Stalker Clear Sky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lith1um View Post
It's one of the numerical key's, I think 6. I'm not sure, I've never had to use them.

And man, I just heard about a video entitled "Chernobyl Heart". I almost couldn't make it through the whole thing. It breaks my heart the generations of children subsequently effected by this.

Some of them are surviving a basic existence, like the kids living in that asylum which couldn't even afford a working TV or stereo.

It's far from being over for so many people.
Thanks alot!
G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB 2 x 4GB 1648
HD1.5tb
Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium
corsair620HX
Windows7 64 home premium
Dell LED G2210
ATi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-08, 10:32 PM   #629
vert305

Game is driving me crazy .. I already fine myself looking for cheat codes.. taking on 15 guys with a *****ing pee gun. They can tag me from 10miles away .. and i keep getting pushed around by my own guys moving me all over the place.

Game Sucks. Is it to much to ask to be able to start out with at least a machine gun.
vert305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-08, 10:36 PM   #630
wizkid
*BANNED*

Quote:
Originally Posted by vert305 View Post
Game is driving me crazy .. I already fine myself looking for cheat codes.. taking on 15 guys with a *****ing pee gun. They can tag me from 10miles away .. and i keep getting pushed around by my own guys moving me all over the place.

Game Sucks. Is it to much to ask to be able to start out with at least a machine gun.
I found Stalker to be hard enough as it was with its constant respawning of enemies. If clear sky is worse than stalker in difficulty then they can forget about getting my $$$.
wizkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-08, 10:49 PM   #631
ATi
RooR

Quote:
Originally Posted by vert305 View Post

LOL
G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB 2 x 4GB 1648
HD1.5tb
Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium
corsair620HX
Windows7 64 home premium
Dell LED G2210
ATi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-08, 11:10 PM   #632
SH64
MAXIMUM TECH

Quote:
Originally Posted by -=DVS=- View Post
Hate it graphics is all it got going for it. Very unfinished rush job.

/rantmode on
  1. Quick save occasionally breaks missions. (using slow regular saves seems to work but pain in the ass considering how unforgiving night explorations are)
  2. Occasional crashes. (specifically while zoning to other maps)
  3. npcs stupid , scripted , annoying . (Uhh)
  4. enemy npc facing me behind wall shooting at wall...
  5. friendly npc moving sideways left to right and bouncing me around like pinball while i'm trying to take cover and hide behind boxes
  6. npc's generally have to big hit boxes or perhaps its player character , on several occasions im trying to take cover next to friendly npc and i can't ,somkind of invisible wall even thought there is clearly room for two more people behind cover....
  7. unrealistic behavior , no chance to sneak up on anyone even at darkest night , maybe they all have ultra high tech night vision and motion detectors
  8. Scripted game events invincible npcs (shoot all you want tower sniper can't die... not even after direct RPG hit... was it necessary to make him invincible ? no don't think so killing him would not break game...)
  9. And many little thinks that makes it feel unfinished or should have made better design decisions , poor monster animations weak death animation lack of dmg decals , better controls for one there is no prone but we have double crouch bleh, poor iron sight implementation should have learned from Crysis , poor weapon textures models , gotta rely on mods , and whats up with all these fake weapon names.
  10. Weapons also seem underpowered point blank hit from Desert Eagle in the face doesn't kill npc wth , no helmet in the world would save you...
Other then that i got stuck can't zone to chernobyl i think thats the name of the map , every time a crash..
Lack of good physic and destructible environment hurts , Crysis spoiled me.
Feels very much like beta , could have been so much better game without all these damn bugs.

/rantmode off

PS i got steam version 1.5.04 and was playing veteran difficulty.
Yeah i hated the scripted NPCs too. Also wtf you can die so easily in this game!
The game didnt came out as i thought it would

- "My name is RAM and my tank is full"

http://warhawk64nv.mybrute.com/ <-- pupils go thaarrr! Or,
http://silenthunter64.mybrute.com
SH64 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-29-08, 02:30 AM   #633
nutcrackr
Super Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by wizkid View Post
I found Stalker to be hard enough as it was with its constant respawning of enemies. If clear sky is worse than stalker in difficulty then they can forget about getting my $$$.
Clear sky is much harder, but respawning, aside from the odd anomaly doesn't seem as bad to me.
nutcrackr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-08, 04:53 AM   #634
wysiwyg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lith1um View Post
If you like the game I suggest spending a few minutes on youtube before playing again.

It puts a whole new feeling on the zone. So much pain and sorrow for so many people. An area frozen in history like a modern Pompei, the earth scarred by man. So much courage by so many people. It's been said that back then the citizens didn't even know about the doseage affects of radiation, but they had to know about what happened in Japan?

Craziest part about it, if you watch the Discovery piece it talks about the man who ordered the reactor test. The test was supposed to be carried out when the plant was producing 700 megawatts, but this dude did the test when the plant was only producing 200 mw. Even crazier, the dude has a checkered past when it comes to nuclear energy and he's already caused another accident years prior. He was subjected to fatal doses of radiation in the prior accident and in the Chernobyl accident, yet he lived untill his 80's denying responsibility the whole time.

The airborne radioactive contaminents were wind spread and deposited across Europe and the US. The Soviets didn't notify the world untill after 3 days. Scientists in surrounding countries instantly detected the increase in radiation and hounded the Soviets untill they admitted having an accident.

Efforts are currently underway to build a new sarcofigus because the concrete of the present one is crumbling. It's easy to think of Chernobyl as past history, but it's very much a present hazard for the entire world. Even crazier is that the remaining RBMK reactors are still online to this day so they still present a risk imo. Present day reactors are built to prevent this type of event.

Discovery Channel special http://www.youtube.com/results?searc...saster+at+cher

The first video of the reactor http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6HPdd...eature=related

28 days after http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CnigF...eature=related

Bio-robots http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OH7ot...eature=related

Fallout zones over Europe http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...ut&vt=lf&hl=en and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nMKUn...eature=related

"They say the lights came from all the radiation, but maybe it's the spirits of the dead."

i am going to chernobyl / pipryat on the 6th Oct
wysiwyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-08, 08:22 AM   #635
Crow_Nest
Ace Spammer

Send a message via MSN to Crow_Nest

Got the game few days ago. First impressions werent very good, the swamp was just too huge and complicated for an introduction. Not to mention how hard that first huge firefight was, considering you only had a wee pistol and hardly any health supplies. Although ammo is very much easier to find in this game, so thats not an issue anymore.

Performance wise, runs worse overall. Probably because of the updated lighting, but still runs decently on my PC on fairly reasonable settings.

Today while i was playing i ran into a certain bug whereby loading the quicksave would cause the NPC not to follow according to the script. And it was stuck there until i had to shoot down one of our guys before the NPC started talking according to script again... That really just sucks..
| Hitachi 1TB SATA3 HDD | Asus P8Z68-V/GEN3 | Cooler Master Silent Pro M 700W |
| Cooler Master Centurion 5 II Casing | Samsung SyncMaster XL2370 |

Laptop : Lenovo IdeaPad Y450
| Windows 7 Ultimate x64 | Intel Core 2 Duo T6600 2.2 GHz | NVIDIA GeForce G110M 256MB |
| 4GB DDR3 SDRAM | Western Digital 320GB | 14.1' LED Backlit Screen |

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=73666&dateline=135279  2183
Crow_Nest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-08, 08:33 AM   #636
BioHazZarD
USCM Marine

Send a message via MSN to BioHazZarD

Its a lame prequel with most areas revisited anyways and yeah the swamps was the most boring dull looking level ever i dont know why on earth they made u start there.
Chieftec Miditower /w 5 case fans | Corsair 620W HX PSU | Asus M4N98TD EVO SLI | AMD Athlon2 X2 260 3,2GHz | Corsair 3GB PC3-10666 | eVGA Geforce GTX 460 1GB (336shader) | Samsung Spinpoint x2 250GB HD +SATA 320GB | SB Audigy 4 @ 2.1 | Samsung Syncmaster BX2331 TFT 23" running 1920x1080@60hz | Windows XP PRO SP2 | |
BioHazZarD is offline   Reply With Quote