nekrosoft13
I'm Geralt

Default Re: Spore? Where's yours?

absolutly zero trouble with activating
Old 09-07-08, 11:03 PM   #134
Dirthead

Hello,

Im having trouble understanding the Tribe part of the game, Anyone with some tips?

How would one know if his game has been activated?
Dirthead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-08, 11:28 PM   #135
wazandy

Wink Re: Spore? Where's yours?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirthead View Post
Hello,

Im having trouble understanding the Tribe part of the game, Anyone with some tips?

How would one know if his game has been activated?
Sure, I've been in space for a couple of days now so here's what I did in tribe.

Firstly, ignore diplomancy - I just took out every other tribe bit by bit.

From the start...

1. Kick out a few babies.

2. Send two guys out to fish and hunt some local creatures for food. Do this for a while.

3. When you've got the stone axe upgrade, tool up and locate the nearest opposing tribe.

4. A full on attack generally works, but to makes sure you win - follow your opposition as he goes off to hunt - then you can overwhelm two or three of his dudes with superior forces - leaving him short when you attack. And ALWAYS target the Chieftain first. When he's dead, you should win.

5. The minute you beat him, grab all of his food straight away.

6. Kick out more babies until you've got a full strength tribe.

7. Again, take out stragglers until you're always attacking a below strength opponent.

8. Just methodically kill off all the other tribes and you should win easy.

NEXT PHASE - CIVILIZATION.

1. Instantly build heavily armed land vehicles and immediately grab every spice vent you can see.

2. Build even more land vehicles. By this time a second (or third) civilization should have just started. Tank rush them immediately and knock out their buildings one by one. The minute you've got their city - you're offered the chance to win it economically or militarily - choose militarily and build even more land vehicles.

3. Keep tank rushing until you're knocking off cities easily with your mighty tank army.

4. If you reach water, just build some gunboats and knock out cities on the other side with them - use your 'big bomb' weapon to help.

5. Once you've got a city on the other side of the water - repeat steps 2-3.

Diplomacy, I've found, just wastes time - so does trying to make trade routes - sod it - just annihilate every city straight away and you'll conquer this stage in about twenty minutes.

THEN SPACE AWAITS YOU. Build a sexy ship and the REAL game starts.

Enjoy. Hope this helps.
wazandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-08, 11:45 PM   #136
methimpikehoses

Any replay value peeps? And how many hours to get to space, etc.

Swift replies.
Old 09-08-08, 12:12 AM   #137
wazandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by methimpikehoses View Post
Any replay value peeps? And how many hours to get to space, etc.

Swift replies.
Didn't take me too long to get to space, just attack, attack attack (see tips above.)

Within a few hours you should be in space.

Replay value is more based around the type of creature you create.

I just built a big thing with a sharks mouth and lots of spit attacks. Did me fine.
Old 09-08-08, 12:14 AM   #138
methimpikehoses

DOC's mom spits.
Old 09-08-08, 01:24 AM   #139
wazandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by wazandy View Post
Sure, I've been in space for a couple of days now so here's what I did in tribe.

Firstly, ignore diplomancy - I just took out every other tribe bit by bit.

From the start...

1. Kick out a few babies.

2. Send two guys out to fish and hunt some local creatures for food. Do this for a while.

3. When you've got the stone axe upgrade, tool up and locate the nearest opposing tribe.

4. A full on attack generally works, but to makes sure you win - follow your opposition as he goes off to hunt - then you can overwhelm two or three of his dudes with superior forces - leaving him short when you attack. And ALWAYS target the Chieftain first. When he's dead, you should win.

5. The minute you beat him, grab all of his food straight away.

6. Kick out more babies until you've got a full strength tribe.

7. Again, take out stragglers until you're always attacking a below strength opponent.

8. Just methodically kill off all the other tribes and you should win easy.

NEXT PHASE - CIVILIZATION.

1. Instantly build heavily armed land vehicles and immediately grab every spice vent you can see.

2. Build even more land vehicles. By this time a second (or third) civilization should have just started. Tank rush them immediately and knock out their buildings one by one. The minute you've got their city - you're offered the chance to win it economically or militarily - choose militarily and build even more land vehicles.

3. Keep tank rushing until you're knocking off cities easily with your mighty tank army.

4. If you reach water, just build some gunboats and knock out cities on the other side with them - use your 'big bomb' weapon to help.

5. Once you've got a city on the other side of the water - repeat steps 2-3.

Diplomacy, I've found, just wastes time - so does trying to make trade routes - sod it - just annihilate every city straight away and you'll conquer this stage in about twenty minutes.

THEN SPACE AWAITS YOU. Build a sexy ship and the REAL game starts.

Enjoy. Hope this helps.

A little thank you?
Old 09-08-08, 01:27 AM   #140
CaptNKILL
CUBE

Quote:
Originally Posted by wazandy View Post
A little thank you?
Do you expect a swift reply?
ASUS VW266H 25.5" LCD - OCZ GameXStream 700W PSU - ASUS Xonar DX - Logitech Z-5500 5.1 Surround - Windows 7 Professional x64
---- HTPC ---- Asus M3A78-EM 780G - AMD Athlon X2 5050e 45W @ 2.6Ghz - 2x2GB Kingston PC2-6400 DDR2 - Sparkle 350W PSU
Seagate 7200.10 320Gb SATA - Seagate 7200.10 250Gb SATA - Athenatech A100BB.350 MicroATX Desktop - Creative X-Fi XtremeMusic
CaptNKILL is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-08-08, 08:54 AM   #141
nekrosoft13
I'm Geralt

space got a bit tough. I made two enemies right off the bat. one that demanded bribes, and second that just decided to attack because i flew over their homeworld.

made allies with two other systems, so that helped. both helped me out to exterminate one of the enemies.

so what happens after space? when that progress bar reaches full, is that it? or do you keep on playing?

btw, if anyone want to add me in game, my spore id is very easy to figure out
Old 09-08-08, 11:00 AM   #142
Mr.Schme

So can you actually play with other players? Whats the whole online thing about? I know you can see other peoples' creations but is that it for online play?
Mr.Schme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-08, 11:03 AM   #143
Phillychuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Schme View Post
So can you actually play with other players? Whats the whole online thing about? I know you can see other peoples' creations but is that it for online play?
Other player creations are used as the population for your single player game so its always different.
Old 09-08-08, 01:12 PM   #144
wollyka
From the Land of Cedars

is the DRM really that bad in the game? i am afraid to buy it if it is really the case, the phone call to EA US will cost me more than the game if something happens with the installation lol
Does the D2D have the same DRM?
-G.SKILL SNIPER SERIES / 1600MHz
-evga Geforce 680GTX
-X-fi Fat1ality FPS
-Thermaltake Toughpower 1200W PSU
-LG LED E2380
wollyka is offline   Reply With Quote