NiukNiuk
The one and only

Default NC Europe+NC Austin+ArenaNet = NC West

From Kotaku:
http://kotaku.com/5047993/nc-europe-...become-nc-west
and
http://kotaku.com/5047997/ncsoft-dit...riple-a-titles

Quote:
NCsoft is consolidating their European and U.S. subsidiaries, including ArenaNet, under a single lable, NCsoft West, the company announced today.

While the headquarters for the newly named company will be established in Seattle by the end of 2008, the offices in Europe and Austin will not be closed. The announcement today does not address whether there will be job cuts in Europe, Austin or at ArenaNet.

NC West will be led by Chris Chung as CEO, Jeff Strain as president, product development, David Reid as president, publishing, and Patrick Wyatt as CTO as well as yet to be announced European executives.
Quote:
“We are confident that by combining our subsidiaries into a unified global organization under Chris Chung’s leadership, NC West will become a more powerful force to be reckoned with in the western MMO market,” said TJ Kim. “Chris has become a guiding force within our company and has been extremely successful at every position he has held with us. His detailed first-hand knowledge of all aspects of our business is invaluable and will help establish NC West as a global leader.”
Quote:
A total of 12 of the 250 to 260 positions in Austin are being cut to prepare for the move
Quote:
In Europe, there are 58 positions in product development that have been identified for possible cuts.
Quote:
No cuts are happening at ArenaNet and, contrary to earlier reports, Tabula Rasa will not be affected at all by the reorganization or job cuts
As long as they don't touch Guild wars 1 & 2, I'm okay
Ram: G.Skill Kit Extreme2 2 x 2 Go PC6400 PK
Video Card: Sapphire Radeon HD 4870 512 Mo
Sound Card: Asus Xonar D2 sound card
Monitor: Iiyama ProLite B2403WS -B1
NiukNiuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-08, 04:40 PM   #2
jeffmd
Has a vegetation fetish

Default Re: NC Europe+NC Austin+ArenaNet = NC West

I dont think gw1 is doing bad enough to warrent and fears.. its a descent game alot of people still play, they still update it regularly and even added some content rescently. And I think GW2 would be one of their flag ship in production games. I kind wish TR would die though... I pretty much knew it was gonna blow from the start and wish they didn't even bother with it.